What are multi experience Fast Passes and how do you get them?

Katems

Mouseketeer
Okay, I ordered my tickets through Last Minute Travel and uploaded them to my Disneyland App. I will be buying MaxPass each morning upon entering the gates. Is that enough for me to magically receive multi experience fastpasses when a ride breaks down? Will they magically appear on my app or do I need to DO something to get them?

Also, are they only given for rides that already have fastpass or can you get them for any old ride that goes down?

Finally, what ARE they, lol?? I'm not clear on what this special thing even is!

Thanks!

So these are something CM's can give out at will. Like we got one when my oldest was tall enough to ride Indy. They let her in, walk through the cue, and then measure her again before boarding, to be told she's a friggin centimeter too short. No joke. So as she's crying, I rode, Daddy stayed with her because we still wanted to get our ride in, they gave her a Any experience pass. So you can take that to the ride of your choosing and they let you on. Quite nice.

If you have a FP for a ride on Max Pass, and the ride goes down during your window, it will convert to a multi experience FP for that park in MaxPass. You generally can't get one for non-FP rides unless you are on the ride when it breaks down and you are stuck for an extended period of time. Even then you have to ask and it will depend on the CM. These will usually be for either park.

So do the CM's have to scan your ticket to get the multi experience FP, or, since you already had the FP, it's an automatic thing that happens on your app if a ride goes down?

On maxpass it just magically happens.
You can get multi experience passes with regular FP too if you're using the app.

Usually they just pop up on the app and replace the original FP. Sometimes CM give them out. We were in the FP queue for Goofys and the ride broke down. They gave everyone still in the FP line a multi experience FP by rescanning the tickets.

There are two kinds of Multi Experience FPs.

The first is when you have an FP for a ride that breaks down during your window and you haven't scanned in yet, That will convert to a multi FP for the park that you are in for FP attractions only and it will sometimes have exclusions. In DL it can't be used for Space unless it was for that ride originally and in DCA it's like that with Guardians and RSR.

The second is when a ride breaks down while you are in line and they have to empty the queue. That multi is good for non FP attractions as well. In DL I've only gotten one from Space as of late and it's only exclusion is Peter Pan. Not sure about what's excluded if it's from a different ride and same goes for in DCA.

We haven't had any issue using them for any ride with FP including Space and Guardians. The only one I've seen as excluded is Racers, unless things have changed since early March. However we did find out they have to be used in the same park that the original pass was from. Nice CM let us ride anyway after we had park hopped and walked all the way over.

I received one from a Cast Member at City Hall. I pouch from my Disney Lanyard fell off , and as you can imagine I was very upset.. we went to City Hall to see if our cards could be reissued.. The cast member asked me the names on the Tickets and came back out with the pouch, Someone had turned it in.. I was overcome and didn't know that the Cast Member had put a multi - experience pass in the pouch until I went to get out FP later . I went back to City Hall to thank him, But he had left that station..
So you can get them as part of some Pixie Dust .. but I don't recommend you losing your cards to get one .:rolleyes1:tongue:

Unless it has changed recently, they still distribute FP via MP while a ride is down. (They might issue traditional FP as well, but I don't know for sure.) If a ride is down and the FP return time happens to be very soon, grab a FP. There is a good chance it will convert to a ME pass. We've only done this once, but it made our day fun. Goofy Sky School went down before our FP return time so it converted. Then we got another one and it converted. Then we got another one and the ride was back up. We ended up with 2 ME passes and a Goofy Sky School pass while on Mickey's Fun Wheel.

Unless it has changed recently, they still distribute FP via MP while a ride is down. (They might issue traditional FP as well, but I don't know for sure.) If a ride is down and the FP return time happens to be very soon, grab a FP. There is a good chance it will convert to a ME pass. We've only done this once, but it made our day fun. Goofy Sky School went down before our FP return time so it converted. Then we got another one and it converted. Then we got another one and the ride was back up. We ended up with 2 ME passes and a Goofy Sky School pass while on Mickey's Fun Wheel.
They continue to issue paper ones as well now when a ride goes down

We got a ME Passes on our last trip....our party of 4 scanned our MaxPass app at the 1st spot to enter Space Mountain, and then 2 people decided not to ride and left the line. those 2 people ended up getting their FP's changed to ME Passes. Not sure if this would happen consistently, but it would only be for a ride that you scan twice through the FP/MP line.

The first is when you have an FP for a ride that breaks down during your window and you haven't scanned in yet, That will convert to a multi FP for the park that you are in for FP attractions only and it will sometimes have exclusions. In DL it can't be used for Space unless it was for that ride originally and in DCA it's like that with Guardians and RSR.
That may not be the case anymore. 2 weeks ago I had a FP for Grizzly River Run when it broke down and the multi-experience FP worked for any ride, including Guardians and Racers! I even grabbed that FP when I saw GRR had just went down but they had almost immediate FPS still available on the app (so I was expecting to get the multi experience one). It could be that while Screamin is down they opened up more FP options, since it would have only been good for 4 rides (GRR, Soarin, TSMM, Goofy).

We got a ME Passes on our last trip....our party of 4 scanned our MaxPass app at the 1st spot to enter Space Mountain, and then 2 people decided not to ride and left the line. those 2 people ended up getting their FP's changed to ME Passes. Not sure if this would happen consistently, but it would only be for a ride that you scan twice through the FP/MP line.
Did the ride go down at all during the FP window? That would be interesting if it didn't and they got the ME anyway.

I haven't used Max Pass yet, so let me ask this. If I'm holding a Max Pass for Racers and it goes down it will convert to a ME and I can use it for any of the DCA Fast Pass Attractions (Unless specified, like no Guardians)? And if it happened in Disneyland it would be for any of the FP Attractions there (unless specified)?

That's so cool. Our only experience with a multi-experience pass was we were about to board Space and it went down one night. We got the pass and we rushed over and rode Peter Pan with very little wait.

That may not be the case anymore. 2 weeks ago I had a FP for Grizzly River Run when it broke down and the multi-experience FP worked for any ride, including Guardians and Racers! I even grabbed that FP when I saw GRR had just went down but they had almost immediate FPS still available on the app (so I was expecting to get the multi experience one). It could be that while Screamin is down they opened up more FP options, since it would have only been good for 4 rides (GRR, Soarin, TSMM, Goofy).
We didn't try it at Racers, but we were also able to use them on Guardians.

I haven't used Max Pass yet, so let me ask this. If I'm holding a Max Pass for Racers and it goes down it will convert to a ME and I can use it for any of the DCA Fast Pass Attractions (Unless specified, like no Guardians)? And if it happened in Disneyland it would be for any of the FP Attractions there (unless specified)?

That's so cool. Our only experience with a multi-experience pass was we were about to board Space and it went down one night. We got the pass and we rushed over and rode Peter Pan with very little wait.
Yup, that will be the case. Even if say, your FP window is from 12-1. The ride goes down from 12:10-12:20. Then it will automatically convert to ME. There have been times when I had a FP and ended up not going over to that ride and forgot to cancel it (usually I try to cancel). Then I checked my app and suddenly saw a ME, which was great!

Yup, that will be the case. Even if say, your FP window is from 12-1. The ride goes down from 12:10-12:20. Then it will automatically convert to ME. There have been times when I had a FP and ended up not going over to that ride and forgot to cancel it (usually I try to cancel). Then I checked my app and suddenly saw a ME, which was great!

Awesome! Thank you for the reply!

I'm still lost on what these are, exactly.

If your ride breaks down during your window you automatically get one of these and you can use it on:

--Any FP ride except Space, Guadians, and RSR (and only in the park the original ride was in)

--The original ride you wanted in the first place.

Do you get these IN ADDITION to a new FP for the ride you originally wanted?

Do you get these if you never use your FP, even if the ride never broke down during your hour but you just never made it there or wanted to eat instead? Or do you only get these if your ride breaks down during your window and before you made it there?

Do you get these IN ADDITION to a new FP for the ride you originally wanted?

Do you get these if you never use your FP, even if the ride never broke down during your hour but you just never made it there or wanted to eat instead? Or do you only get these if your ride breaks down during your window and before you made it there?

No, they are not in addition to the fp for the ride you originally had the fastpass for. They are instead of it. They can be used anytime the rest of the day for the same ride if it is up and running again later or another fastpass ride in the same park, sometimes with restrictions. The app will list the rides that the fp will work for.

No, you don't get a multiple experience pass just because you didn't use the fastpass. If you don't use the fastpass within its return window (there is a little bit of grace period on either side) and the ride does not go offline during your time window, then the pass will expire and disappear from your app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter