What are the most overlooked things during x-mas season?

The Candlelight Processional is a yearly treat for us. Since Mom and Dad moved to Florida 8 years ago, we've been to WDW for the holidays quite a few times and we always manage to catch that show. We've seen Rita Moreno, Gary Sinise, Brian Dennehy, Marlee Matlin, David Robinson (San Antonio Spurs b-ball player) and Neil Patrick Harris as narrators-all of them were excellent. It seems whichever person I heard the last is my favorite. ;)

I also have enjoyed hearing the different stories about holiday celebrations around the world and the holiday Illuminations is a real treat.

In MK, we've been doing the Christmas Parade and Party for the last few years and we really love it. Not only do you get a great parade and fireworks, the park is open late to ticketholders and you can walk right on your favorite rides! If you're lucky enough to catch the Barbershop quartet on Main street, you'll get serenaded with some lovely 4 part harmony Christmas carols.

In Animal Kingdom the Jingle Jungle Parade is very lively and fun, especially for the little ones. We enjoyed watching them all dancing to the Christmas music.

If you have time to do the lobby tour it really is lovely. Each resort decorates in the their own theme, so you have seashells on the tree at Boardwalk, hobby horses at Saratoga Springs, and a beautiful HUGE Victorian themed tree at the Grand Floridian.

In Animal Kingdom the Jingle Jungle Parade is very lively and fun, especially for the little ones. We enjoyed watching them all dancing to the Christmas music.

Yes, this is fun...and not only for little ones! We saw this for the first time last year (thanks to the reviews that I read on the disboards) and all 4 of us senior citizens enjoyed it lots!!! Thanks for reminding me!!!

Bobbi:goodvibes

what about the OSBORNE FAMILY SPECTACLE OF LIGHTS at MGM???? we stayed at the BWV last thanksgiving for 8 days and walked over to MGM on 4 of those nights to check out the lights - they are, indeed, spectacular!

checking out resort decor is also a must-do - ESPECIALLY the wilderness lodge (our favorite)....

It actually stands for Christ(os) in Greek. Xmas, Xian, etc. The real annoying part of this is that people never take the time to research things that bother them - they just get huffy.

While I know this logically, old habits die hard. My mom would get very upset at this abbreviation, saying Christ was due more respect than to be "short-cutted" (it's still an abbreviation, despite the origin). It was a BIG pet peeve of hers, so we just learned to never abbreviate the word. I'm over 50 now, and I still never use the X - kind of crazy, really, but true nevertheless.

The Epcot fireworks have a special ending to the "Let There Be Peace on Earth" music. It is one of my favorite things in all of WDW. The carolers at the American Pavilion were outstanding.

I agree 100% and add the Candlelight Processional!! One thing we really enjoyed that I think they have year-round, is a horse-drawn carriage ride. It was unseasonably cold while we were there and we had blankets and hot chocolate!! Perfect.

Our ride was at Riverside, but I think they have them at Fort Wilderness, too. We tried to book a sleigh ride at Wilderness Lodge, but they were all gone.

Enjoy!!

Ellen

I think one of the best Overlooked attractions at Christmas is the Campin' Carolers in Camp Minnie-Mickey at the AK. Last time I was there, they didn't have a published entertainment schedule, and I only learned about them thru Steve Soars website. That's why I consider it overlooked-many of the others are easy to find if you look. This one's a group of kids (CMs really) from "camp", singing Christmas carols. I thought they were so cute and funny, especially their antics during the songs.

We love to have dinner at different resorts during Christmas - the park dining is unique also, but each resort has such a different look, and are especially magical at nighttime. Personal favorites for us: VWL, GF, and BW and BCV are a toss up for third favorite. I haven't been to the moderates too often at Christmas - we did have dinner at Boatwrights one year, but I still felt that the other resorts decorations were just a bit neater. SSR has some lovely decorations, too - I'm not sure why I don't remember them with a lot of clarity -- my mother thought that the lobby tree was incredible. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Oh, and the Merry Member Mixer!! I loved the hot chocolate and character visits!!!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter