"What are you celebrating" ......

Sue's Mum

DIS Veteran
So what might I get if I were to be celebrating something - birthday, wedding anniversary etc?

One year we listed our anniversary and got turn down service at the Animal Kingdom Villas. Last year I wore my Happy Birthday pin and received free dessert at several restaurants.

We were there on my birthday this month
We received dessert @ wolfgangs and the california grill

I've indicated birthday celebrations on reservations before and received nothing...I realize that nothing is guaranteed, so we weren't disappointed. ;)

Just there first week of January for daughter's BFF's birthday - she wore her birthday pin everywhere - got a lot of birthday wishes, that's about it. We ate in our villa, so she didn't have a chance at a free dessert. We did have tea at the Gardenview Tea Lounge at the Grand Floridian on her birthday, and it was noted on the reservation, but no special treatment for her there at all. Still had a fabulous trip!:goodvibes

My husband and I celebrated our birthday, wore the birthday pins, our children wore the we're celebrating pins with us. Many cms wished us happy birthday and we received cupcakes at the restaurants. One cm at a gift shop had goofy on the telephone wish us a happy birthday. It was a fun time.

Got nothing at Chefs de France (actual birthday), and a bit of the gray stuff on a dish at Be Our Guest(the next day).

On our anniversary trip last year we received a Happy Anniversary card with a discounted photopass voucher.

Since they started this I have asked to note 2 Birthdays and one graduation. Other than the front desk person making out a pin, the events were never recognized in any other manner. However, back in 2006 at OKW we were selected for special "housekeeping family of the day". I called down for pillows and a team of housekeepers showed up at our door with a balloon and a "family of the day" certificate. :lmao: It was some very nice pixie dust and was our very first DVC stay... so I'll have to say we had our share :)

On our anniversary trip last year we received a Happy Anniversary card with a discounted photopass voucher.
Did you get the phone call too? We got a call in our room from Mickey and Minnie wishing us a Happy Anniversary.

Did you get the phone call too? We got a call in our room from Mickey and Minnie wishing us a Happy Anniversary.

No, didn't get a phone call, but we were not in the room often and I don't recall a voice massage.

We celebrated our anniversary last August at SSR. We received the anniversary pins and later in our stay there was a card left on the table by the front door. It did hafe a photopass card in it but we never used it bc we had already purchased the +. What kind of discount did u get on your photopass card?

Did they sing the "Happy Anniversary" song to you? We've celebrated so many anniversaries there, and I always love hearing when they sing. I was so disappointed this year that our resort forgot.

Did they sing the "Happy Anniversary" song to you? We've celebrated so many anniversaries there, and I always love hearing when they sing. I was so disappointed this year that our resort forgot.
No singing but Minnie giggled a lot. It was cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter