What are you wearing Dec. 9-12?

Mckys#1Fan

Mouseketeer
Looking ahead at the colder weather moving across the US...
Some of the news stations and websites are saying highs in the upper 40's-lower 50's.
Then some are saying highs upper 60's-lower 70's.
That is a big temperature difference!!
That make a difference on what to pack!!

Definitely layers. We went last year Dec 4-11, and the beginning of the week was short sleeves and would have been shorts if I had packed them, but then the end of the week was long pants, long sleeves, jackets, scarves, and even gloves after dark!

I'll be there Dec. 9-17 and I'm packing everything. Shorts, jeans, hoodies, coats. I have a lightweight puffer coat that I'll be bringing that can squeeze down to fit in a purse.

I live here and haven't seen those temps advertised. I'm about 75 miles due west of WDW. We are going to get a cold front in that time frame starting next weekend but our local Tampa news is only stating lows in the 60's & 50's. It's been unusually warm here (daytime highs of 80 - 85) so colder is welcome. LOL It's been a hot year here.
Layers are recommended and remember, it still gets warm during the day and you still need sunscreen. The sun is still very hot and you can burn easy here in the winter. Have a great trip.

What sources are saying 40s-50s? I haven't seen those forecasts. I am arriving during that time frame and temperatures that low would certainly change our packing.

I'm looking at Dec 8-13 on my weather channel app - it's showing highs in the 60s and low 70s but lows down into the 40s. Looks like our nights could get chilly.

I'm looking at Dec 8-13 on my weather channel app - it's showing highs in the 60s and low 70s but lows down into the 40s. Looks like our nights could get chilly.
My tip on those kinds of days is to rent a locker if you're not planning to go back to the resort at all during the day. We put a bag of jackets and other cold weather gear in the locker in the morning, and as soon as the sun started to go down, we usually needed them. While trekking back up to the front of the park can be a pain, it's a lot less of a pain than having to either head back to the resort for warmer clothes or splurging on an unplanned sweatshirt purchase that you technically don't really need except for in that moment.

Ok - Tampa area has received an update on this weekend coming's weather (Dec 8th & 9th). The highs will be in the 60's with Friday the 8th being the coldest. BUT it will be rainy and drizzily so it will feel yucky. If you are coming at the end of next week, definately bring a jacket and ponchos. Starting to clear up on Sat but still chilly for us. That's about as far out as they predict and yes, it is mother nature so it's subject to change.

We will be there Dec. 10-17 I'm packing jeans, short sleeve shirts and hoodies plus a warm jacket. Like a previous poster stated, we are planning on renting a locker and storing our coats and such in there. We don't generally leave the park till closing time!

I am a local and AP holder, and live in Winter Garden on Johns lake, which is on the back side of Disney and the 429, I live so close I can hear and see the fireworks most every night. We went to Epcot on Saturday night for dinner, DH and I were both wearing shorts. It looks like the mid to upper 60s even into the 70's during the day, and into the 50's at night. Those lower temp are in the middle of the night a barely hit them. I would take into consideration all the walking, and being outside, so I would lean toward shorts during the day, and possibly jeans in the evening. As far as jackets go I would go with light weight material, a hoodie or sweat shirt, I have a Columbia jacket that is super light weight and water proof and folds up next to nothing. We can put both of them in a day back and still have a ton of room for everything else. You will need sun screen, just because the temp are a bit cooler doesn't mean the sun is any less powerful. If you have little kiddos you might want to bring a blanket for the stroller, also something to cover the stroller in case of rain.

I will be there 9-16 and am very sad we won't be getting warmer weather. I am packing warmer clothes as I will be on an ECV so very little walking for me.

We arrive Saturday, and really gutted about the forecast. We've had a mixed bag over the last 8 Christmas visits, but you always hope for warm and sunny. I just hope it improves the following week.

Going there on the 15th for a few days - its my first Christmas trip to the Greatest place in the world. I am glad I found this thread as I was just about to start another :)

So - basically - Jeans/Hoodies and maybe bring a coat. Cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!