What are your Bucket List Races, or Standout Races you've done!

Some great lists! Here is mine.

Bucket List

Boston
London
Chicago
Eugene
Big Sur
Marine Corps
Grandmother's Marathon
LA
Maui Oceanfront
Tokyo
Paris
Great Wall
Big Five
Berlin
Medoc
Athens
Skarkasse 3-Laender Marathon
Antarctic Ice
Patagonian International

Bucket List:
Walt Disney marathon weekend - registered 2016
Shamrock Shuffle Chicago - registered 2016
Pixie Dust challenge - 2017?
Princess half & challenge
Wine and Dine half
Chicago women's half marathon
Hot Chocolate 15k

Bucket List:
Walt Disney marathon weekend - registered 2016
Shamrock Shuffle Chicago - registered 2016
Pixie Dust challenge - 2017?
Princess half & challenge
Wine and Dine half
Chicago women's half marathon
Hot Chocolate 15k

Just go for the Pink Coast-to-Coast in 2017!

I might as well chime in.

I am so new to running I don't have a huge list or races I have run but my favorites so far were:

2014 Tower of Terror 10 Miler
BAA 10K

Bucket List:

Disney Marathon- doing it in January
Any other Disney race
Boston- I live in MA so I have to do this
Chicago
Marine Corp
San Fran 1/2 or full
Big Sur full

Hope they bring ToT back! Seems to be a big favorite.

Boston absolutely on my list too- local girl :)
... And I have no problem "buying my way in".
I will never qualify... but can definitely raise money for a worthy cause, and receive the opportunity to participate in a race that once was something I never would have believed was a possibility for me. People who qualify get their own badge of courage, but I will still get to wear the same medal, and I will be equally proud!
... One day at a time!

LOL...the crowd is nothing compare to Disney races...I found it very enjoyable and will probably run it again next year.

Great point!! Lol!

Wanted to thank you for mentioning this race!! I'm definitely signing up

Here is a little incentive, the Medley medal is pretty sweet :lovestruc
View attachment 129113

Woop! Woop! Oh ya!Definitely on my list :)

Oooohhh, evil and good idea. Probably would have to do one or both of them as a solo trip...so I could do it on the cheap. Oh no, now I have ideas!!!

Ya! Solo trips! I'm trying to squeek in a solo in February so I can get the pink in 2016!
Ya @Keels, partly your fault!
;)

Philly, Cleveland, RnR Nashville and DC are good. Marine Corps is great.

You can't beat Towpath (OH) for a fast course. Flat and straight.

Pittsburgh is a very nicely done race. Hilly, but interesting and lots of support. I never thought I would pass up a beer stop, but I skipped the 4th or 5th one in the late miles for fear of getting a little loopy.

I'd like to do Chicago, New York, and Boston (once I become an 85 year old woman so I can qualify) but lately I've been gravitating toward what I call "Ready, Go!" races. No fireworks or DJ's. Just some dude with a bullhorn at the start saying... "Ready, Go!"

You have the same Boston plan that I have. I'm hoping to get in by the time I'm 75 or PR by an hour in the next few years ;)

Thinking about Dopey for 2018.... But I'd say you are ALL responsible for that!!
Lol!

Anyone else want to jump in? There's lots of marathons being listed but thats not specifically the guideline, looking for any great/ memorable race you've done or any race on your bucket list .

Has anyone done the Gasparilla challenge?

I never desired to do a marathon until I found my way to these boards but I'm fairly certain I'll be running Dopey in a year or two. That being said, I may do the Medoc first because I can't resist the call of wine and cheese and oysters.

No, this is all @Keels fault. She's learned well. :)

Why you always gotta blame me?? You started this!!

As for my list, I think in 2016 I'm going to stick to rD and try to knock out all the challenges that appeal to me (no Star Wars, no Avengers), with a couple other "destination" races mixed in - definitely RnR New Orleans and the NYC Half.

My race calendar is pretty loaded through the end of March, and then the only things I'm registered/will register for after that are PDC in May and Dumbo in September. I'd love to make a Dumbo and Maui back-to-back work, but i'm just not sure I can swing that ...

Anyone else want to jump in? There's lots of marathons being listed but thats not specifically the guideline, looking for any great/ memorable race you've done or any race on your bucket list .
I'll jump in again by adding that I highly recommend the Napa Valley Marathon. The scenery cannot be beat. It's a point-to-point course along the Silverado Trail starting in Calistoga and ending in Napa at the Napa High School. About 300 feet net downhill.

Shockingly, we took some time to check out the area including some wineries on Monday. :drinking1What a great way to spend the day after a marathon! We stayed at the Andaz right in downtown Napa which was very convenient to a bunch of stellar restaurants.

Other than that - and not particularly helpful to anyone looking for bucket list races - but any race with my family is always the best. We just had a "Monster Dash" 5k last weekend that is always a blast. And I did the Bolder Boulder 10k with DS10 in May and that race I actually would recommend if anyone happens to be in Colorado or needs an excuse to get here. Lots of fun and scenery along the way, ending in CU Stadium with 30,000 of your closest friends watching on.

This is the Bolder Boulder finish line:

166070-521204067927072-24905677-n_54_990x660.jpg

Bucket List:
Boston (but only as a qualifier)
Eugene (finish at Heyward Track)
Chicago
London
Hatfield-McCoy
Little Rock (may do in 2017)
Marine Corps
Marathon du Medoc
Richmond
Space Coast

I'll never say never, but I don't know if I'll do a marathon. I like seeing some races listed in my neck of the woods, though (Covered Bridges, Loon Mountain, Beach to Beacon). :) Covered Bridges is actually on my list to do next year if I manage to register in time. I'm pondering other races at the moment, although no travel/rD next year for me. Sticking around New England because our dog is not likely to be with us much longer and SO had to bail out of coming to W&D this year to stay home with him. Maybe 2017, Pink C2C? Or Kessel Run? :)

I'm sure that there are plenty of other races that I'm missing, but off the top of my head:

All runDisney
Big Sur half
Bar Harbor half
Cherry Blossom
RnR Las Vegas half
NYC half
Midnight Sun half
Reach the Beach (NH Ragnar)
Eugene half
Canyonlands or The Other half
Jazz half

I also don't have any immediate plans to attempt a full marathon. As @Miranda said, I'll never say never, but it's just not a goal right now. My current bucket list of races is:

-Glass Slipper Challenge at Disney World
-Star Wars Half Marathon (either coast)
-Hot Chocolate 15K (hoping to do this next year)
-Green Bay Half Marathon (start and end at Lambeau Field - definitely a must-do for a big Packers fan!)
-Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon (most likely the one in Chicago, as it's closest to me)

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I'll add to the list as time goes on. :)

I'll never say never, but I don't know if I'll do a marathon. I like seeing some races listed in my neck of the woods, though (Covered Bridges, Loon Mountain, Beach to Beacon). :) Covered Bridges is actually on my list to do next year if I manage to register in time. I'm pondering other races at the moment, although no travel/rD next year for me. Sticking around New England because our dog is not likely to be with us much longer and SO had to bail out of coming to W&D this year to stay home with him. Maybe 2017, Pink C2C? Or Kessel Run? :)

I'm sure that there are plenty of other races that I'm missing, but off the top of my head:

All runDisney
Big Sur half
Bar Harbor half
Cherry Blossom
RnR Las Vegas half
NYC half
Midnight Sun half
Reach the Beach (NH Ragnar)
Eugene half
Canyonlands or The Other half
Jazz half

Miranda! I'm hoping to get into covered bridges too! It came highly recommended,
Plus in our neck of the woods!!
Good luck Dec 7! Keep me posted :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter