What are your thoughts on Tyler on the Disneyland podcasts?

I am super over this arguing with the team. They come after my feedback and I consider myself a kind and courteous poster. A few months ago another one really came after me and it left me very uncomfortable here but I posted on this topic because I feel so passionately about the Disneyland content.

This morning I was just trying to show them a competitor has ads running on their board, because again, I am a fan. We aren't the enemy. When we come and say, hey your Itunes isn't working, we are trying to help

Anyways, I am done.

Most of the ads the run on the Dis are through Google Ads. The ads you see are not picked directly by the Dis they are based on your google web searches and the sites you visit. The Dis can control not have explicit content and that kind of thing show up but they don’t have direct control over you seeing something like an ad for let’s say shopbop after looking for women’s denim on google.

Ugh. I am not sure what the motive of your response is. Yes, it does feel directionless when the team says we aren't meeting to discuss the show and we don't have anywhere to film except a hotel room. It's been 4 months and as far as anyone can tell, the walls went up around the ride and nothing happened. So yes, I am discouraged and disheartened about the direction. Pete himself on 3/6 said, "the show is coming back within the next month".... and then nothing happened. And I am sure he was aware himself and all of you were going to Italy.

We also had a thread that's now buried discussing the ITunes issues ever since episode #2 went up it felt like nothing was happening and no one was replying. I wish we could have gotten response on that thread and had it been constructive. I feel like the only time we engage with the team is when they come to argue with us.

I am a huge fan of the DL team, I don't like seeing them garner this many thumbs down on youtube because again I actually believed very strongly in the quality of content they produced for years. I am hoping Pete has a plan setting them up to succeed, that is all I was saying.

If I have offended anyone on the DL team, I profusely apologize. It certainly wasn't my intention. I am absolutely rooting for you guys.

His motivation was to correct you on the incorrect assumptions you had. He was calmly informing you of the reality. No one is arguing with you, and your opinions are welcome. I appreciate the time you spend here and I take no offense. If you feel you need to move on we'll miss your support.

I am super over this arguing with the team. They come after my feedback and I consider myself a kind and courteous poster. A few months ago another one really came after me and it left me very uncomfortable here but I posted on this topic because I feel so passionately about the Disneyland content.

This morning I was just trying to show them a competitor has ads running on their board, because again, I am a fan. We aren't the enemy. When we come and say, hey your Itunes isn't working, we are trying to help

Anyways, I am done.

I’m sorry to hear this. I’m at WDW and seemed to have missed an incident this morning? Anything I can help with?

Hopefully not it adds nothing to the Orlando show. Both shows should just ditch the veido and go back to audio only.

Big time disagree. I don't like podcasts so I love that they have a video show. If I find myself doing something else I will pause the video until I can get back to it even though I know it is essentially a podcast. I just like watching the team! I do the same with all of their shows too.

On the topic of this thread, I think it's a bit rude to start this topic...but I love Tyler and Katrina. I find them to be engaging and fun and maybe it's because they're around my age but they're relatable. I can't wait to see how they continue to improve the shows and content.

This isn't a very good argument. You don't have to know about past a new presidents of the parks to be a fan. I couldn't list off most of the management, because frankly that content bores me to death. Our goal as experts is to help people plan exciting and interesting trips. Last time I checked you don't have to know who the DL president is to have a good time at Disneyland.

So true. I consider myself a huge Disney fan for almost 35 years, but I can only name one executive: Bob Iger.

I couldn't care less who the president of Disneyland is. I have literally never needed this information in order to enjoy any of my approximately 400 visits to Disneyland.

I miss the weekly Disneyland podcasts. The weekly WDW podcasts sometimes throw in some Disneyland news, but not really. The DIS podcasts about Disneyland used to be my news source of what the latest stuff is going on at the Disneyland resort, but now I get that information from elsewhere instead.

I miss Tony from the podcasts. When he and Tom would team up together and do food reviews, it was so informative and entertaining all at the same time.

I think that there is a little room for improvement & growth with a regular Disneyland video broadcast. The current format that's been used doesn't work very well and the DIS would be better off, I think, just not doing Disneyland video podcasts until they can either sort it out or get everyone back on the audio-only version.

I didn't really care much for the "worst guests" podcast. It came across as if it was a group of AP holders whining about park guests, but I don't think that was the vibe that they probably had intended.

Back from date night so I am in a great mood. :love: I can already hear the difference and how much more comfortable everyone is getting. I like Best and Worst. It is easier for me to listen to it since I am not a huge fan of the format. I totally understand spacing and not having a real studio. I am very much looking forward to more content from everyone.

After reading this whole thread, I feel like everyone should maybe log off the computer and go outside and get some fresh air and go for a walk or something.

I would love to go outside and get some fresh air but someone needs to make the snow/ rain stop. Any ideas on how to bring back summer? I feel like Elsa doesn't want the snow to stop.

I loved Katrina's dress, and look forward to where this show is going. We visit DL about once a year, so I miss the news features and other updates, and look forward to the return of these segments, especially with all of the Pixarfest additions! I usually listen to the podcast, and may have noticed the new DL video content when I was looking at somebody else's Disneyland video...shot inside the park..with new info...

To the original topic, I don't know about Tyler, but I am team Katrina all the way. She is a beautiful woman. And what's this about Tyler just being a boyfriend??? To quote "Dumb and Dumber"... So you're telling me there's a chance! :joker:

Also, I appreciate Tom's knowledge of all things Disney, but his extremely soft spoken voice makes it difficult as a listener to remain engaged. A more assertive and louder delivery will do him well.

I love any additions to DL content, but I also really miss the DL podcast and hope it’s back soon. Video requires me to to have time to focus solely on my phone or TV, which is rare time indeed-podcasts are my go to for driving and cooking times, and that’s how I get most my content.

I had some time to digest some of the thoughts and comments on this, and the broader, subject.

My takeaway is that perhaps it is a comfort level on public speaking. I can usually get a good sense on a polished presenter within a few minutes. In my mind, it is not always that the presenter is not extremely knowledgeable, or passionate, about the subject matter. I personally think that self-confidence, combined with practice, and armed with the aforementioned knowledge/passion that can "polish the apple".

How do I know? I had to endure months of speaking in front of our company (including subordinates) that were free to critique me before I was "released" to presenting to the public (and I had the eyes/ears of our investors Skype in to add to pressures). I lost many hours of sleep and was the brunt of many water cooler jokes, but in the end it was the best experience for my career.

So, I say to those that are newer to DIS presenting....chin-up, take the hits, and you'll be the on the top of mountain in short order.

I think it’s awesome that all the shows are free. I started as a podcast listener for the last few years and just recently started watching videos while at the gym. I can’t think of anything more entertaining then news on how to plan my next vacation, even if it’s months away. If most of the Disneyland team was volunteering their time then I’d like to say thanks for your time!

Living on the west coast I find that I’m partial to Disneyland but still find the Disneyworld, Dreams and Universal shows to be interesting and informative.

Tyler, if you’re writing and/or blogging about Universal Hollywood separately then I’d be interested if you could share the link(s) so we can check them out.

I recently went to California Adventure’s Food and Wine Festival and had no idea what to expect as I’d never been. Tyler and Katrina’s video gave me an idea what booths to check out and which to avoid. Sure I read about what was offered at each booth but actually seeing what it was like I had a better idea of what to expect.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but I’d like to see more constructive criticism about what Tyler or any other member of the Dis could do better. At this point, all I can tell you Tyler is keep on making informative videos about Disneyland and I’ll keep watching.

Want video ideas? I’d really like to see material on the best beer prices and locations in California Adventure. Heck, I’d find it entertaining to do a show on the locations where Walt really would not want beer to be sold in Disneyland and why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!