What are your Top 5 attractions that no longer exist?

Great question! I’m not sure I can give a top 5, but here are a few in no particular order:

Horizons
Test Track (the original pre-Tron)
Food Rocks
Illuminations (not gone yet, but I won’t be back to see it)
DHS Animation Academy

As a side note, we just finished a rare trip west to DLR and we got to ride Mr Toad! I’ll say, I do not remember that ride accurately from childhood, lol. Best ride ever about a Frog being sentenced in court, run over by a train, and going to hell. :)

Great question! I’m not sure I can give a top 5, but here are a few in no particular order:

Horizons
Test Track (the original pre-Tron)
Food Rocks
Illuminations (not gone yet, but I won’t be back to see it)
DHS Animation Academy

As a side note, we just finished a rare trip west to DLR and we got to ride Mr Toad! I’ll say, I do not remember that ride accurately from childhood, lol. Best ride ever about a Frog being sentenced in court, run over by a train, and going to hell. :)

I do miss the original test track too.

I must be really old. I just have one. When WDW opened in 1970 and for many years after my brother and my very favorite ride was "If you Have Wings" sponsored by "Eastern Airlines, the Wings of Man". Does anyone else remember this attraction fondly?

Last edited:

I must be really old. I just have one. When WDW opened in 1970 and for many years after my brother and my very favorite ride was "If you Have Wings" sponsored by "Eastern Airlines, the Wings of Man". Does anyone else remember this attraction fondly.

I remember some sort of airplane ride sponsored by Delta there vaguely as a kid.

My top 5 are-
MK Skyway
Tomorrowland ? (can't remember the name) with Robin Williams and Rhea Perlman
Ellen's Energy Adventure (yes, really)
Coach's Corner in Wonders of Life
Sounds Dangerous (for some reason it reminded me of "Firesign Theater"

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Mr. Toads
The Great Movie Ride
Skyway between Fantasyland and Tommorowland
Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show...

In no particular order.....

I was thinking of an idea for the Best and Worst Show....what are everyone's top 5 attractions that are gone from the parks?

5. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
4. Backlot Tour
3. Maelstrom
2. Horizons
1. The Great Movie Ride

This would be my exact list but substituting Cranium Command for Mr. Toad!

I must be really old. I just have one. When WDW opened in 1970 and for many years after my brother and my very favorite ride was "If you Have Wings" sponsored by "Eastern Airlines, the Wings of Man". Does anyone else remember this attraction fondly.

Yes, of course! I loved that! I remember it being slow moving. I remember the moving walkways to get on/off and a sort of breeziness to the ride.

Mr. Toad was one of my favorites as a kid.

Main Street Arcade
Main Street Magic Shop

LMA stunt show was one I'm glad my son got to experience 5 years ago.

I vaguely remember some really neat exhibits in Epcot when it opened. They were upstairs somewhere.

And River Country and Treasure Island/Discovery Island were must-dos for us.

Getting down to my Top 5 was tough, but a top 20 probably would be over kill.

Horizons
Journey Into Imagination V1.0
Universe Of Energy
Cranium Command
The Great Movie Ride

(20,000 Leagues Under the Sea / Didn’t make the cut; Great attraction but way to long of a wait, mostly in the Florida sun

G'day
III

My daughters’ favorite Epcot attraction was The Sum of all Thrills. They were very disappointed when it was removed.

Horizons
Great Movie Ride
If You Had Wings (aka Delta Dreamflight)
Osborne Lights
Adventure through Inner Space

If You Had Wings.....Eastern airlines (the official airline of WDW at the time). The Delta version was not as good, IMHO.
20,000 leagues
Journey into Imagination, original version
Skyride
Universe of Energy

Wow, I had forgotten how many are not there anymore.

The Great Movie Ride!!!!!!!!!
Main Street Electric Parade (I know it isn't a ride but still)
Lights, Motor, Action
Osborne lights
Journey into imagination

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter