What better place to celebrate 20 magical years?? A July/19 anniversary PTR! Link to new TR 07/13

Thanks!! I am sitting here watching Tim Tracker review the MK after hours party and I keep thinking I am going to be there in six days!!!! I am hoping hours are extended for early July as it would give us a chance to get over to MK. If we have any hopes of eating all the food they give you at HDDR, a later show would probably be better.

I watched that exact same video yesterday!! I've been toying around with the idea of doing the after hours party, so I went and watched their AK one and their MK one. It made me really want to ride a coaster like Thunder or 7DMT while the fireworks are happening.

Time for Brunch at the Top!!!
We are both so excited to be heading over to the California Grill this morning for the best brunch ever! I have loved reading all the wonderful reviews of this brunch and we can't wait to try it out for ourselves!

I am looking forward to the delicious mimosas, the sushi, the biscuits and the yummy salads. The entrees look awesome and I know I will definitely want the eggs benedict although the blueberry pancakes look super yummy too. I can see DH going for the steak and eggs or the shrimp and grits. The desserts look delicious too although I am quite sure we will be too full to eat them. We will be happy to pack them up for breakfast.

After brunch we will head back to Wilderness Lodge to enjoy a lazy afternoon lounging by the pool. This evening I can see us heading to Animal Kingdom to check out Pandora at night and hopefully ride FoP.

Tomorrow I am heading to Buffalo to stay over before my early flight on Monday morning. See you all after a spectacular week in the place of happiness!

Last edited:

and the french toast bread pudding!!

Yessss!!! Yum, yum!

Back to Animal Kingdom Lodge we will go for some R&R.

pool--v18021216-w902.jpg

The pool here is so beautiful. One of my biggest AKL regrets is not getting in the pool!

I really want to pop by Jock Lindsey's as well to have a chance to check it out.
jock-lindseys-hangar-bar-g00.jpg

It looks like such a cool place to hang out! Any drink recommendations

I had the Reggie's Revenge and would not recommend that, it was fine but blah. The Cool Headed Monkey was better!

See you all after a spectacular week in the place of happiness!

Have fun!!!!!

We are both so excited to be heading over to the California Grill this morning for the best brunch ever! I have loved reading all the wonderful reviews of this brunch and we can't wait to try it out for ourselves!

I just posted my update on this morning too on my PTR. So exciting!! WOOT!

the blueberry pancakes look super yummy too

I did the Bennies last year, but am probably going to pig out on the cakes this time around. And yeah, a bunch of other stuff too.

The California Grill brunch sounds amazing; I've heard nothing but stellar reviews so I'm sure you will have a great experience.

Hope you are enjoying your trip!!

Hi everyone!!! I am back from one of my BEST trips ever!!! I'll be starting a report soon and will post a link in my signature. :)

I just watched The Tim Trackers review of brunch at CG, it does look awesome!

Yay to Florida tomorrow for you, have a wonderful trip Susan! Safe travels and Happy times!
Thanks Caroline! It was wonderful!

Have a wonderful trip!
Thanks Jenny! I had SO much fun!

Yessss!!! Yum, yum!

The pool here is so beautiful. One of my biggest AKL regrets is not getting in the pool!

I had the Reggie's Revenge and would not recommend that, it was fine but blah. The Cool Headed Monkey was better!

Have fun!!!!!
Thanks Samantha! I do love that AKL pool and will definitely take advantage of it in the July heat. I will have to try the Cool Headed Monkey! My trip was amazing!

I just posted my update on this morning too on my PTR. So exciting!! WOOT!

I did the Bennies last year, but am probably going to pig out on the cakes this time around. And yeah, a bunch of other stuff too.
So excited for this brunch!

Have a great trip!!
Thanks, it was great!

Have a great trip!
Thanks Cloe, I kept my eyes peeled for you guys in Epcot on Friday but didn't see you. It was such a spectacular day! Hope you are having a great trip!

The California Grill brunch sounds amazing; I've heard nothing but stellar reviews so I'm sure you will have a great experience.

Hope you are enjoying your trip!!
I am so looking forward to CG brunch! My trip was fabulous, thank you!

So.......after watching Tim Tracker's review of the Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Tea Room together, DH looked at me and said "so, we're doing that tea on our trip, right???" Well no, you always said you didn't like tea. DH looks disappointed and I start scrolling through our planned ADRs, mentally shuffling as I go. I decide to move Hoop dee Doo revue to our last night, add strolling the Boardwalk to Monday and voila..... there is space on Monday afternoon!

Off we go to the Grand for high tea!
So excited!!

We've done tea at the Grand Floridian 3 times now, and Joe and I really liked it. I will agree with Tim and Jen that it is dirtier and a little outdated, but the food and service were top notch.

So, Monday May 6th, right??

We'll be there too if so! :)
I only wish! Monday, July 8th is our date for tea. I am still so sad I won't be at the Epic girls weekend. Next time for sure......

We've done tea at the Grand Floridian 3 times now, and Joe and I really liked it. I will agree with Tim and Jen that it is dirtier and a little outdated, but the food and service were top notch.
I am glad to hear Joe enjoyed it. I went on my birthday trip back in 2016 and really enjoyed it. I hope Bill likes it too!

Nice addition to the trip! Since you moved HDDR that also means you don't have to stress about getting to the MK that evening too, correct? If so, that's a good shift in plans.

I keep hoping. ;)
Me too!!

Nice addition to the trip! Since you moved HDDR that also means you don't have to stress about getting to the MK that evening too, correct? If so, that's a good shift in plans.
Exactly! I am trying not to schedule more than one TS per day (ideally early to mid afternoon) and keep our evenings flexible. Having HDDR on our last night feels like a nice way to wrap up the trip and as a bonus, MK has EMH until 12:00 that night. :)

Haha DH does that to me too where he watches Tim Tracker and thinks something looks so fun! Glad you could work it into your trip!

I want to do that tea so bad but I am not at all a tea drinker so I think the whole experience would just be lost on me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!