What comes in a Saratoga Springs Studio

Capo

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

We will be staying in a Saratoga studio for the first time in a few months. Can someone please list out exactly what supplies/appliances come in them? I am particularly interested in the mini kitchen. Does it have plates, silverware, etc? Or it just the coffee maker, microwave, etc?

Thanks!

All DVC Studios will have paper plates & bowls, plastic utensils, under counter fridge, microwave, toaster and a coffee maker (with coffee starter pack).

they also have 4 glasses and 2 mugs. a bottle opener and a wine bottle opener.

if anything is missing call housekeeping.

The coffee maker is usually a Mr Coffee type coffee maker, 10-12 cup, flat bottom filters are required.

As far as paper goods we typically find only about 4-6 paper plates / bowls along with 4 "sets" of plastic silverware. This is why we keep extra paper plates, plastic bowls and silverware in our Owners Locker. Studios also don't provide sharp knives or cutting boards so we keep those in our Owners Locker as well…. There are always 4 each of "real" coffee cups and water glasses and there are always plenty of paper towels, scrubber sponge & the tinest bottle of Palmolive EVER (it often seems watered down tho). There will also be an ice bucket and a corkscrew.

MOST of the under-the-counter refrigerators I've encountered in our DVC studios have had small freezer sections. The one we just had in our Std. studio at AKV (Jambo House) did not which I was surprised by (and I had ordered some frozen items in our Garden Grocer order because I'd never NOT had a freezer section). I don't always use the microwave but we DO use the toaster. Love having the toaster.

Sorry for reviving an old topic, but I didn't want to make a new thread since it was on the same topic.

How do "refills" work for items like mickey soap, shampoo, toilet paper, garbage bags, etc. Can you get free refills of these whenever needed or must you wait until your room service day and/or pay extra for them? I just want to make sure we bring the appropriate items.

Sorry for reviving an old topic, but I didn't want to make a new thread since it was on the same topic.

How do "refills" work for items like mickey soap, shampoo, toilet paper, garbage bags, etc. Can you get free refills of these whenever needed or must you wait until your room service day and/or pay extra for them? I just want to make sure we bring the appropriate items.

You can pay for new ones or get them on your cleaning days. I don't remember the cost of them however.

Toilet paper is free - just call housekeeping. Same with garbage bags, although the are usually extras in the bottom of each trash can. You can also get more paper plates/bowls/plastic silverware by calling housekeeping. There is no charge for these items. Soap/Shampoo etc. and towels you have either wait for your regular service day or pay extra for them.

Toilet paper is free - just call housekeeping. Same with garbage bags, although the are usually extras in the bottom of each trash can. You can also get more paper plates/bowls/plastic silverware by calling housekeeping. There is no charge for these items. Soap/Shampoo etc. and towels you have either wait for your regular service day or pay extra for them.

Great, that is good to know! On the paper plates and plastic utensils, do they bring them to your room or do you need to pick them up? Also, do they limit how many you can get or can you get as many as needed?

And oh, just had a dvc newbie thought... Where do you throw away your garbage in between cleaning days? Just any garbage can outside or is there a place for it?

Great, that is good to know! On the paper plates and plastic utensils, do they bring them to your room or do you need to pick them up? Also, do they limit how many you can get or can you get as many as needed?

And oh, just had a dvc newbie thought... Where do you throw away your garbage in between cleaning days? Just any garbage can outside or is there a place for it?
They will bring them to you. Just tell them how many you want and you'll get them; if not, call again when you run out.

There are trash rooms in every building so you can empty your own. I'm not sure where they are at SSR, probably on the first floor near the elevators. Hopefully someone else who knows for sure will weigh in.

They will bring them to you. Just tell them how many you want and you'll get them; if not, call again when you run out.

Yes, this is correct! We just requested paper products last week at SSR and they were brought to our door. Actually, we were given so many that when we transferred to OKW, we didn't even have to use the plates and silverware there!

On the paper plates and plastic utensils, do they bring them to your room or do you need to pick them up? Also, do they limit how many you can get or can you get as many as needed?

You can always pickup extra paper plates and plastic utensils at any QS resturants and bring back to your studio.

There are trash rooms in every building so you can empty your own. I'm not sure where they are at SSR, probably on the first floor near the elevators. Hopefully someone else who knows for sure will weigh in.
Trash rooms at SSR are on the first floor between room numbers XX27 and XX35. It's right next to the vending and ice machine room.

While not part of the standard inventory, you can also call housekeeping if you'd like a blender. They only have a limited supply and they're first-come-first-serve.

Our fridge at SSR on our most-recent studio trip also didn't have a freezer compartment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter