What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

Apple pie today - not totally from scratch, as I used the rolled, pre-made crusts, but I did the apples by hand. The house smells good, and we'll enjoy the pie tonight with dinner.

From scratch Chocolate cupcakes (using Varhona choc.). And then I made whipped chocolate ganache for the icing! Soooo good!

Today was Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Pie. I made a graham cracker crust and then the chocolate pudding. Cheated and used canned whipped cream as I had no heavy cream.

And a from scratch banana coconut cake with chocolate frosting.

MJ

Banana nut bread, and it’s delicious! We bought a larger than usual bunch of bananas last week, and I was so glad we had three ripe ones left! It was made from scratch, and the recipe called for melted butter, and for me, that makes it extra special!

Last edited:
I just made Jiffy cornbread muffins. After reading a couple recipes online, I added a half can of corn and 1/4 cup of sugar along with the regular ingredients, (milk & 1 egg.)

The online recipes say to use creamed corn, but I didn't have that. Next time I will add the creamed corn as I think it would be a bit sweeter.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/20147/camp-cornbread/

Mine also didn't come out as this pic. I'll have to fill the muffin tin to almost full. They came out more like mini muffins.

895205.jpg

I made oatmeal cookies for the first time ever. Oatmeal m&m to be specific. The first batch was a disaster but the second was better.

Yesterday, I made white buns from scratch. OMG good. I'd forgotten how satisfying bread baking can be. And, I know this is ridiculous, but I've owned a kitchenaid stand mixer since 1990. And, for the first time EVER I used the dough hook. Somehow, I missed that this miracle machine will do all the "work" for you. No mess either! And, my hands stayed clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter