What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

How do you make your soft pretzels? I’ve been wanting to try my hand at making some. I’ve seen recipes that use malt syrup but I can’t seem to find it in smaller quantities.
I follow the Homemade Soft Pretzels recipe from The Brown Eyed Baker website. No malt syrup, and they taste better than most soft pretzels we’ve bought before. The recipe calls for either an egg wash or brushing with butter...I prefer them brushed with butter.

I follow the Homemade Soft Pretzels recipe from The Brown Eyed Baker website. No malt syrup, and they taste better than most soft pretzels we’ve bought before. The recipe calls for either an egg wash or brushing with butter...I prefer them brushed with butter.
Thank you! I’ll definitely try to make these.
Yesterday I had some over ripe bananas so I made a banana cake with cream cheese frosting. I’ll move on to the pretzels once we’ve kicked the cake.

This morning ....
In a large bowl I placed
3 apples peeled and cut into small pieces
1/2 cup of washed blueberries
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
All Spice and Cinnamon to taste
place in bowl and stir

Then in a blender - I used a Nija - I placed 12 Nilla cookies and 1 cup of Granola (mine had oats, raisins, honey and nuts mixture)
Chop up till crumbly
Add the blender/Nija chopped mixture to the bowl.

Mix it all together.
Place the mixture from the bowl into a 10" by 6" baking dish
I did not butter the baking dish - but it may be a good idea to
Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 F degree oven

The apples and blueberries add moisture

I ate it just as it
You could mix it into cooked oatmeal or ice cream

I was a great way to use up my left over but still good blueberries

At the moment, there are cheesecakes in the oven. Later today it will be bagels, empanadas, and if I'm feeling special, a mandarine chiffon cake.

My bake today: fresh rhubarb muffins. Just going out to grab some rhubarb now. Can't wait. My mouth is already watering. And, they are an hour away. LOL.

Loving this thread! Reading about everyone's creations has been great but I'd love to see more pictures! Here's my curry beef turnovers -- I went a little extra and made the puff pastry from scratch as well. Made about 15 of them and had to freeze most of them.

I made a key lime pie today from a recipe that was recommended by a podcast I enjoy. It was disappointing, too sweet & not enough lime for my preference, but now I know how to modify it for next time.

My neighbor gave me 3 bags of bananas (3 bunches) and I haven't had time to make banana bread yet so I want to mash up the bananas and put them in the refrigerator.....my recipe calls for 3 medium bananas....if I mash these up, how much would the equivalent be in measuring cups.....(i.e. 3 medium bananas = 1 cup??) TIA for any help!

My neighbor gave me 3 bags of bananas (3 bunches) and I haven't had time to make banana bread yet so I want to mash up the bananas and put them in the refrigerator.....my recipe calls for 3 medium bananas....if I mash these up, how much would the equivalent be in measuring cups.....(i.e. 3 medium bananas = 1 cup??) TIA for any help!

I'd say that the amount I use when it calls for 3 medium is roughly 1 and 3/4 cup. Maybe a little less? I make muffins all the time with bananas using a recipe for pumpkin muffins, but substituting mashed banana for the pumpkin. The recipe calls for one 15 ounce can of pumpkin, which is where i come up with the measure. So think about "one can" of mashed banana and what that would be. :-) But, what I do with bananas that are overripe which I'm not using them right away is to freeze them whole. Just throw it in the freezer. When I'm ready to use, I run them under water, and peel using a sharp paring knife. The skins will turn absolutely black when you do this, but the banana inside is still perfectly usable. I also use those frozen bananas in smoothies.

I made a pizza a couple days ago that for a no-rising, made immediately crust, came out pretty good. Also, kale chips because we had 3 heads of kale.

Today, I'm making a Dutch apple pie. And sometime soon, banana bread or muffins (only 2 bananas, so a small amount).

Thanks for this recipe. It looks great - I'm definitely going to try it!:yay:

Haven't been baking but Saturday is my birthday so I'm going to make a half recipe of my favorite cake, spice cake with penuche icing. My mom used to make if for my bday when I was young, if she was alive she would be turning 100 this year. So some cake nostalgia for my 58th.

We had cooked a turkey breast over the weekend and had quite a bit left as well as a lot of gravy. I ended up making individual turkey pot pies, adding semi cooked potato cubes, carrots and peas to the turkey and gravy. I topped them off using the Pioneer Woman’s Pie crust recipe. Wrapped each container and froze it. We now have 6 delicious meals for the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter