What did you pack that was just a waste?

Way, way, way to many clothes! Shampoo, bodywash, conditioner (it was provided by SSR). Several pairs of shoes for each of us (at the most we wore two the entire trip but mainly we just needed one comfortable pair)!

A lot of folks are saying not to bring snacks, but...search your heart, you know your family best. I have a 4-yo son whose eyes are often bigger than his stomach...he WANTS the Mickey bar, but only a few bites of it (I get the rest!) and then he really wants something familiar, like goldfish or a handful of Cheerios or granola bar. He's a very small kid, and rather than 3 big meals, eats several little meals each day. So on our trip last year, I brought peanut butter, jelly, and crackers...he wound up munching on that a few times a day, and as long as it was out, others in the group had some, too.

So for this trip -- next week -- we'll bring the familiar stuff, plus some cereal for hotel room breakfasts and bedtime snacks (hey, a little extra Raisin Bran on vacation is probably a good thing!). And yes, we'll have leftovers -- how much, I don't know...but for us, snacks are really a necessity.

those Brita water bottles and spray bottle fans and neck wraps. Once I got them there, nobody wanted to mess with carrying them. I have to add, we are a real lite traveling group and have never taken a backback to the park and usually just take whatever will fit in our pockets or passporter neckhangers.

2 bags of Popcorn. (Buy popcorn at home, bring only 2 of the minibags with you on the trip)
1 Pringles tube - Original
Lot's of small- juice boxes
un-salted crackers (use pb that hotel provides, you can find in food court for cheap or free.)
2 tubes of mnm minis (Use for penny press after done eating)
1 pack of Chips Ahoy! cookies
1 pack of fruit by the foot.
1 pack of little bites muffins
1 pack of pretzels

We put these in a cooler and some others in a small duffle bag. It works great and we have never regret taking these with us. We never eat dinner at the parks. Only the first night at DTD. So the other nights we eat stuff the hotel has at food courts, and eat from the publix deli.

Sometimes we switch the snacks around depends what we see at the supermarket ;)

TIP* We crumbled about 5-10 chips from the pringles tube and put them in a ziploc bag, when at the park and we wanted a quick little snack without actually eating something like popcorn or something, we would just eat the pringles. It did save us the trouble instead of buying a snack that we'd barely touch. IMO

Other stuff we never have regretted taking - Hand soap, and shower gel.

I always pack a years amount of clothes i'm going to try to minimize that amount this time.

A 32 oz. sports bottle filled with water and plastic cups.

We last went in August, during a super heatwave. I was given a tip to bring a water jug with cups, instead of everyone lugging around their own bottle. I almost brought along powdered drink mix to mask the flavor of the Orlando water, but didn't.

What a waste! Yes, drinks in the parks were not cheap, but *ice cold* drinks were sooo worth it! Plus, at that point we didn't care about drinking out of someone else's cup, so we would get a jumbo size and share between the six of us. We didn't even bother to use the cups I brought along (but the cups alone might be good to bring).

Sharing is much cheaper than buying six sodas each time. I think we spent $15-20 on drinks each day, but again, sooo worth it!

:sunny:

..... :crazy2: ..... :drinking:..... :cool2:

Just an FYI.....all of the Counter Service restaurants will give you a FREE cup of ice cold water just for the asking. No need to carry around cups, no cost. Ice cold. And FREE...a rarity in WDW. :banana:

We drove down and it was a 16 1/2hour trip I had so many snacks in the car and I packed way to many toys.

Okay, I admit I'd didn't read all 11 pages before posting a reply, so if this is a duplication, SORRY!:confused3

My tip is to check the Orlando weather forecast as you're packing. I like the NOAA website - you put in the zip code for Orlando (find it on one of your Disney mailings) and it gives you a very detailed weather forecast. Then you can decide if you really need to pack one sweatshirt or three.

:cutie:

I have gotten really great a packing over the years and the only thing I do all the time is overpack snacks. I always come back with tons of squished cracker, fig newmans (not newtons, these are the natural kind:rotfl: )
etc. :goodvibes

Magazines. Never read a single one. I like to look around on the ride there so they was a total waste.
make up. Never wear it at home so why bother LOL.
Second thought why do I even own make up LOL.

On our very first trip, we had a suitcase alone full of snacks, plus what was in the carryon. But a lot of it was due to the fact that we have a diabetic in our travel party. But we have since learned to bring only a couple boxes of snacks, basically for getting to and from. Because once you are at Disney, we all know there is certainly enough food. popcorn::And yes, toys and movies for dd. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter