What Disney movie should get a sequel?

LIPeter

Mouseketeer
I just finished watching “Three Musketeers” last night, and hadn’t watched it in a long time. I would love to see a sequel to that. They can continue with “Man in the Iron Mask”

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - there have been rumors of a revisit of some kind at Disney, possibly a prequel. I love the designs of that world so much. They could also adapt other Jules Verne works like The Mysterious Island but keep the same Harper Goff aesthetic.

I would love sequels to the live-action Cinderella and BATB that dive further into the story. IMO those are the best of the live-action remakes. The style was beautiful for both movies.

Tangled and Princess And The Frog are two of my favorites of the "newer" princess movies. They are both done really nicely and they deserve sequels (and I'm not talking about the Tangled: Before Ever After TV movie, I mean a real sequel).

Moana and Coco would also be nice.

This is prob an unpopular opinion but I enjoyed The Nutcracker and the Four Realms and would love more stories from it.

A Bug's Life is underrated and would love to a continuation of that story. And I'm glad Enchanted is finally getting a sequel =)

I'm not too big on sequels for many because they occasionally ruin the 'Happily Ever After" feel of the original proving that it wasn't "Happily Ever After' after all.

I'm not too big on sequels for many because they occasionally ruin the 'Happily Ever After" feel of the original proving that it wasn't "Happily Ever After' after all.
Interesting way to look at that! I always see it as an opportunity to keep those characters lives going and dig deeper into the story but I can see your point!

Tangled and Princess And The Frog are two of my favorites of the "newer" princess movies. They are both done really nicely and they deserve sequels (and I'm not talking about the Tangled: Before Ever After TV movie, I mean a real sequel).

Before Ever After was just the pilot of the series, which was a sprawling epic of a sequel. It's really very good and worth watching.

Last edited:
Before Ever After was just the pilot of rhte series, which was a sprawling epic of a sequel. IT's really very good and worth watching.
It's a full movie though isn't it? So technically it's a sequel. I started it one time but the bad animation style was hard to watch, especially for a whole movie that I ended it. I do want to pick it up sometime and give the show a chance bc I really love Tangled, but I wish they had made the animation smoother. It's soo bright that it vibrates the eye and I can't imagine watching it for like 90 min lol.

It's a full movie though isn't it? So technically it's a sequel. I started it one time but the bad animation style was hard to watch, especially for a whole movie that I ended it. I do want to pick it up sometime and give the show a chance bc I really love Tangled, but I wish they had made the animation smoother. It's soo bright that it vibrates the eye and I can't imagine watching it for like 90 min lol.

Well, it's really like the first three episodes of the series stitched into a movie. They can show them seperately or as a whole. I liked the animation style and all three seasons of the show.

Oh so it's not really a movie?

It was always made for the series. I believe they aired it as a "special" with extra length, but the show always fits in a 30 minute timelsot. The season openers and endings are 1 hour, but are still clearly two episodes so it could be shown either way. It is all part of "Tangled: The Series" or "Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure" as it was renamed to highlight her name.

Last edited:
Aladdin; so many questions I need answers to! Does someone find the lamp with Jafar in it? Do Aladdin and Jasmine have kids? What happens with Abu? What choices does the Genie make with his newfound freedom? Help me out Disney...

1992 is the only version that exists in my world 😉

Well, there are two sequels and a series that follow on after Aladdin - Return of Jafar and King of Theives. I watched Return recently - it's not bad. It was done by the Disney Afternoon folks as Aladdin was to become a Disney Afternoon series. Dan Castellaneta (Home Simpson) is the Genie in Return and the series, but Robin Williams comes back for the third one. Thye're worth checking out if you want to see the story progress.

Last edited:
I’d love to see another Bolt or Lone Ranger film but I’m aware I will never get either. Oh well, I’m sure Moana will happen at some point!

None. 99% of the time sequels are terrible because the story and the character arc is over and came to a good conclusion.
It usually ruins the character to force it into a story where it doesn't belong.

Rarily does Disney pulls it off, I do not trust them with more 😋

None. 99% of the time sequels are terrible because the story and the character arc is over and came to a good conclusion.
It usually ruins the character to force it into a story where it doesn't belong.

Rarily does Disney pulls it off, I do not trust them with more 😋
Agreed. Let them live "Happily Ever after" without anymore contrived BS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!