What do you buy in your 30 minute grocery stop?

M&C'sMom

Mouseketeer
We arrive Dec 1st for our first family trip. We're using Tiffany's and are getting a grocery stop. I've thought of bottled water and fruit. Any other ideas??

We bought muffins for breakfast, also soda and a bottle of wine, and some munchies (although I packed some in a suitcase and used the space home for souveniers).

Here's some of the things we bought on our last two trips. We had a collapsible cooler or a refrigerator for the perishables

Milk, orange juice, yogurt and cereal for breakfast.
Bread, peanut butter and jelly for sandwiches.
A box of kleenex (the brand in the rooms isn't soft enough)
Chips and pretzels for snacks
Fruit snacks and granola bars to take into the parks
Shaving cream (and anything else you remember you forgot!)

We always get one or two of those styrofoam coolers to keep everything cold. We also get breakfast foods and snacks. Bottled water is a must. Wine coolers for by the pool and soda for the kids.

I packed one colapsable cooler on the top of my luggage, another I used inside of a big duffle bag to prevent the snacks we were bringing from home from getting crushed.

Made a list for me and one for hubby and daughter. I tried to divide it up so that we wouldn't be wandering all over the store. Most grocery stores are set up pretty much the same so I split the list accordingly:

Me
Fruit
veggies
bread
bagels
breakfast food
jelly

Hubby and DD
Milk
chips
yogart
spreadable cheese
juice boxes
Beer (this was dad's treat so he got to pick it out)

A bag of ice since you don't know if you can get into your room right away. We were in and out of the store in about 15 minutes. Asfar our driver helped us put the perishiables in the cooler and dumped the ice on top. Things that didn't need to be iced right away we just left in the bags. When we got to the hotel (WL), the bell hop just loaded the coolers and bags onto the cart and they came up with our luggage.

This may be a little off-topic, but just wondering if they allow alchoholic beverages in public, like at the pool and stuff, I think I read somewhere that they serve it with dinners & such, but can you have it in the parks & the pool? If so, this is gonna be an even better vacation than my DH thought (well me too! <giggle>)

Drinks of all sorts, to save buying them at snack bars and vending machines.

Something for breakfast (muffins, bagels, pop-tarts, juice, etc.) to avoid paying for that and so you can eat on the run! We don't get cereal because that means you need milk, bowls, spoons...

Fruit that doesn't need to be cut up and such--bananas, apples, oranges.

A couple of snack items--sweet and/or salty--whatever will satisfy those little afternoon and late night cravings. Pretzels are always on the list for us, and some kind of hard cheese.

A big roll of paper towels.

Sandy3550 -

They sell alcoholic beverages pretty much everywhere - except at the Magic Kingdom. All the pool bars, etc. have them. I do not think you are allowed to have your own (brought with you from home, etc.) any place except your room. You won't have any trouble finding them to buy, though - except at the Magic Kingdom.

Sandy;
We bought both wine coolers and beer at the store on our shopping trip. We then bought the refillable mugs at the AS food court and would fill them with the wine coolers and beer and take them to the pool. Nobody ever questioned us. The wife and I took turns returning to the room for refills (our room was pretty close).

Disnee Dad Says.................................................... Party on!!!!! We have taken canned beer to the pool and spa areas at All Stars, Dixie Landings and AKL. No one ever said anything. It's great to have a couple cold ones when you are doing laundry!! Two beers to wash and two to dry! At all parks but MK you can buy drinks everywhere! And if you really want an adult beverage while at MK, hop on the monorail to the Contemporary, you can get drinks there. The California Grill Lounge has a great view of MK! As far as food goes, we always get milk, beer, chips, canned vegatables and fruit. Water, instant chicken noodle soup, cup o noodles, juice boxes, small boxed cereals. Smoked oysters, and carr crackers, and some cheese. Some the light stuff we bring from California, so we can replace the food with souveniers on the way back!

Include soft drinks too if you don't like the Coke brands. I have a devoted Sunkist drinker that goes with me and I need my Diet Pepsi!

If you bring zip locs, you can get cheese and lunch meat for sandwiches if you're not a peanut butter fan. Don't forget the condiments if you go this route.

When we stopped at Publix, instead of getting tons of bottled water, I got one six-pack of water, then bought a couple of those big 2 1/2 gallon jugs (the ones with the spigots) to refill the bottles each day. It was great - and much cheaper! We could also use the water for making coffee, etc. That FL water is yucky! We actually only ended up using one of the jugs during the week - left the other in the room unopened!

We also got cereal & milk, cheese & crackers, some yogurt for the kids, some wine for the Grandma :rolleyes: .....and some canned soda. If I had to do it all over, I wouldn't have gotten all the canned soda, since we stayed at SoG and it was pretty cheap to get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter