What Do You Do With All That Bling?!!

Slogger

DIS Veteran
Got an email last night from Lasting Commemoratives about ordering a shadow box for my C2C medal that I won't earn until DL in Sept. I saw their booth or a similar competitor at the WDW Expo in January and they had some really nice frames for medals and bibs. Pricey but nice.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I've only been running for 3 years and typically just throw my bibs in a box, t shirts are in the closet, and medals are piled up on a shelf out of sight. Pretty lame, right?

Here's my question. What do you do with your shirts, your medals, your bibs? Looking for some good ideas and would love your feedback, pictures, or ideas.

Thanks!

My bibs are plastering the wall in the garage. My medals I have on a medal holder I bought online awhile back. That hangs in my bedroom. Its pretty full though so I'm thinking of getting another one. Shirts are just in a drawer or a closet depending on if they're ones I like or not lol.

I have two medal hangers in one of our hallways. One of them is for Disney Medals the other is for Non Disney races. They are getting quite full but I think I'll just keep piling them on. I have my bibs stuffed in a drawer but I have friends who have had their's made into a quilt and others that have their bibs hanging on a board near their medals.

I did one of those shadow box frames for my first marathon. My other bibs and medals are shoved in a drawer. I want to buy one of those hanging racks for the medals but just haven't done it yet.

Toss my bibs and put the medals in a drawer. I am not even sure if I still have all of my medals. I love them when I get them, but I don't even think about them afterward. At that point it is time to limp toward the next one. :crutches:

My bibs and medals are in a box, but they are organized archaeologically LOL. As in, the first ones are in the bottom layer, then the next, next, next layers to the top being the latest ones. :)

My shirts generally get worn. I'm wearing last year's WDW Half shirt right now.

Once we get a house and I have some space other than the living room, hallway, or bedroom to put them up, I'll get medal hangers and get the medals out of the box. Actually I might do the bibs up Tibetan-prayer-flag style.

A friend of mine wants to get a small fake xmas tree and have a medal tree each year. :)

I wear all of my shirts except for the 2012 WDW Half Marathon (my first race), not for sentimental reasons but rather because it feels like wearing sandpaper. Most of the cotton ones are very sparsely worn, but any tech shirts usually make it into the rotation fairly regularly.

All of my medals are on a hanger I purchased before last year's Dopey. It is getting really full, will probably have to buy another one pretty soon.

Bibs are all in a pile on my bookshelf. Don't really have a plan for them, but can't bring myself to toss them either.

I have all my medals in boxes along with all the bibs,race programs and other paperwork related to the races.They're really starting to accumulate now and I'll probably buy something to display them soon.The shirts get worn and are also piling up,I think I've gotten close to 20 in the last year.The long sleeved Disney ones go into summer hybernation around May as I live in hot and humid Miami and you just can't wear those between May and October.The last couple of days have been very chilly down here and I've been wearing all my 2015 Goofy challenge race shirts almost every day.

My medals are on a medal hangar that I look at every time I go in or out of the house. As with many, it's getting full and I need to decide what to do with it now that the hooks are all two layers deep. The bibs are slowly being filed into a Bib Folio that says "The Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Before I got that for Christmas, they were scattered all over the house. I wear the race shirts, but that's reaching critical mass, so I may turn those into a quilt or wall hanging.

Not sure where my bibs went, except I did keep my marathon bib from last month in a file folder. For medals, I'm not a fan of the medal racks, so I just have three very sturdy hooks from Target and I hang my medals in a tiny corner near our dresser. I'm really the only one who can see them, and they make me happy every morning. I wear the shirts all the time. I have lots of race shirts and many of them go to goodwill, but the Disney women's cut race shirts stay in rotation!

My wife made an awesome scrapbook for my bibs (actually gave it to be on my birthday which also coincides with me starting running total surprise and totally awesome) though its painfully un-updated right now, shirts I wear (cotton ill wear on normal days tech ones usually get used running) medals are just on a shelf right now (I only have 3 so far :( ) but I will soon have a medal hangar as my bling is about to increase dramatically (4 halfs on the schedule this year with a possible fifth and plans for WDW marathon weekend 2016)

I hang mine on medal hangers that I buy from Iron Sport Works. They're live in Orlando and are Disney runners themselves. They have stock designs available and also do custom work too. The round Texas Marathon Challenge one shown on their home page is what they made for me a few years ago. Great people and great service. Highly recommend them. :)

I am planning to shadowbox all of mine and they'll go on a large empty wall in our office here at the house.

This is what I did from NOLA last month - I got the frame off Amazon for less than $10:

2ns6r2q.jpg

I hang mine on medal hangers that I buy from Iron Sport Works. They're live in Orlando and are Disney runners themselves. They have stock designs available and also do custom work too. The round Texas Marathon Challenge one shown on their home page is what they made for me a few years ago. Great people and great service. Highly recommend them. :)

Those look really sharp. Thanks for the link.

I am planning to shadowbox all of mine and they'll go on a large empty wall in our office here at the house.

This is what I did from NOLA last month - I got the frame off Amazon for less than $10:

2ns6r2q.jpg

Keels......I love it. Such a great idea and really neat medal. Can you make one for me (hint! hint!)?

Keels......I love it. Such a great idea and really neat medal. Can you make one for me (hint! hint!)?

Of course, @Slogger!! I love making shadowboxes! I made one for my husband's amateur boxing event as well - they are so fun to put together.

I like the medal hangar with the sliders rather than hooks, that would make it easier to add more, I dont know if I want to hang more than one hangar anywhere, so may need to figure something else out. I like Keel's shadow box idea for the big races, like my first marathon and Goofy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!