What do you love about breakfast at Cape May?

NOLA_Tink

Jambo, y'all!
We're staying at the Boardwalk and I'm on the fence about skipping morning park time for the Cape May breakfast. Is it worth the walk from the Boardwalk? Also, is the 10% Disney Visa discount offered for breakfast? Thanks!

We ate breakfast a Cape May in July. We loved the characters in beach attire. The specialty eggs were delicious, especially with the mushroom and tomato mixture on the buffet! Very good, fresh food! It was smaller and quieter than other buffets we have visited. It didn't take very long.

We love love love Cape May! Always a must do for us. Everything is good quality food. They also had (maybe still do?) a cereal bar which I thought was cool. I guess I'm amazed by simple things :)

It's much quieter than other buffets. It's really a hidden gem.

When I went they had bananas foster topping available for the waffles. Also enjoyed that it was uncrowded and relaxed. I went later in the morning, so YMMV.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds yummy & calmer than some of our other breakfast options. ;) I think I'll fit it in on our DHS day, since there isn't a ton for toddlers at DHS anymore.

We also enjoy the quiet atmosphere and good character interaction at Cape May. We did it during holiday season and got to check in out the chocolate carousel as well. You can get brft starting at 7:30 I believe, so could be done before opening if you don't want to lose park time. Then you could walk into Epcot or boat to DHS.

I’m really not a fan of character buffets, but if I were forced to choose one it would be the Cape May Cafe breakfast. We had the earliest seating time a few years ago and the restaurant was nearly empty, so we had lots of character time. We weren’t even interested in anything but food, but the characters won us over. Even when the restaurant fills up, it still has a more laid back vibe than most character meals.

One of my favorite character meal memories comes from the time my family and I (all adults) ate there over Christmas. We were in one of the half-booth, half-chair tables and my sister and I were on the booth side. Goofy decided we needed to be thisclose to each other and would sit down next to me and scoot over until we were pretty much on top of each other. If he looked towards us and we were separated, he would come stomping over - finally we'd see him start to turn and grab each other in a hug. It was hysterical.

That made it one of my favorites just from the memories.

Our kids had a fantastic time meeting the characters and enjoying the breakfast options. Like many that said earlier the food was fresh and had plenty of choices. We loved mostly the relaxed atmosphere compared to the other character breakfast we have been to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!