What does park reservation mean?

itutorfortravel

I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi
https://www.slashgear.com/disney-world-grand-re-opening-social-distancing-limits-listed-27622457/
So some friends and I are trying to interpret this. Does this mean that even with AP’s and/or holding a current ticket AND having a dvc resort booked we still have to make a separate reservation to get into the parks each day, like was done in Shanghai? If so, how and when do we do this? I guess I was hoping it meant that if you had a reservation on property and already had purchased tickets or had AP’s you were going to be able to get in, but now I’m not sure.

Yes it means you have to make a reservation just to enter the parks. No details on how that will be handled have been released yet. Having an onsite reservation will not guarantee admission to the parks for a while, although I expect that AP's and onsite guests will get first dibs on reservations similar to fastpass windows for onsite vs offsite guests.

Correct. It is why they have suspended all new reservations and ticket sales as it sounds like they already have enough to get scheduled.

I am assuming we will hear in the next week or so

Also - is it a time frame. 8-12, 12-4, etc. Or if I have a reservation for the day - can I come and go. We go early and leave at lunch and then go back for dinner - and not always the same park. So do I need to have 2 different reservations for both parks. We may go to MK in AM and EPCOT at night.

I am wondering the same thing. We often go to one park in the morning, take a break, then go to a different park for the evening.

Also - is it a time frame. 8-12, 12-4, etc. Or if I have a reservation for the day - can I come and go. We go early and leave at lunch and then go back for dinner - and not always the same park. So do I need to have 2 different reservations for both parks. We may go to MK in AM and EPCOT at night.

No details on that yet, or whether park hopping will even be allowed. I think at this point folks who still intend to travel during the reservation period will have to plan to be extremely flexible in their expectations about visiting the parks the way they normally do.

Yes it means you have to make a reservation just to enter the parks. No details on how that will be handled have been released yet. Having an onsite reservation will not guarantee admission to the parks for a while, although I expect that AP's and onsite guests will get first dibs on reservations similar to fastpass windows for onsite vs offsite guests.

Disney actually stated in writing that AP holders and guests with existing reservations will definitely get first dibs on reservations. After those folks are handled it will open to others.

Our reservation is for July 26 to August 2, we ordered the Gold AP before the price increase few months ago. I made all my FP reservations first thing Wednesday morning before all the announcements. I am hoping we will still be able to go. If I read it correct, the resort hotels don't even have a re-opening date set yet. I think us DVC members staying on site will be very first group that can make park reservation.

I think it has been stated resorts open July 11th...it was in an official. WDW tweet.

I have a good friend who is a TA and is going to share info as soon as she gets it.

The removal of the dining plans is huge and just knocked a lot of cash guests out because those with free dining...bounce back or the recovery offer...are left with no discount, which means rack rate.

I thought they corrected it yesterday and removed the mention of the resorts from their statement. Will have to wait and see.

I thought they corrected it yesterday and removed the mention of the resorts from their statement. Will have to wait and see.

They changed it to say that resorts may open. I think there was a heavy implication that some, but not all, would open but I can't say for sure.

They changed it to say that resorts may open. I think there was a heavy implication that some, but not all, would open but I can't say for sure.

Did not see that! My friend who is a TA has a meeting today with their regional manager and they hope to get info and she will share with me as she gets it for the cash side of things!

We booked our October 2020 trip at 11 months out, but were holding off on buying park tickets until later.

Has there been any info about folks in my situation? I know that AP holders and existing ticket holders get first crack at park reservations, but my DVC reservation doesn't do me much good without being able to go into parks. While I love my resort days, I'm there for over a week, and need some park time.

We booked our October 2020 trip at 11 months out, but were holding off on buying park tickets until later.

Has there been any info about folks in my situation? I know that AP holders and existing ticket holders get first crack at park reservations, but my DVC reservation doesn't do me much good without being able to go into parks. While I love my resort days, I'm there for over a week, and need some park time.
I’m also DVC. Two studios and a grand villa booked for October. Two couples ordered tickets from UT as soon as it was announced that we would need to make park reservations. Two couples are on the fence about throwing good money out there when things are so uncertain.

I ordered the physical tickets, which will be arriving on Monday. I wanted to be able to return them for a 95% refund in the event we don’t go or if even getting into the parks is too much of a hassle. I have 90 days to decide.

I’m a DVC owner with a reservation for October at BWV. I didn’t buy tickets yet because I’m trying to add on days and I didn’t feel there was any urgency to do so before. I did have restaurant reservations.

I just got an email from Disney saying the following. Is it possible they’re treating DVC owners as having tickets even if they didn’t buy them yet? :

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.

I’m a DVC owner with a reservation for October at BWV. I didn’t buy tickets yet because I’m trying to add on days and I didn’t feel there was any urgency to do so before. I did have restaurant reservations.

I just got an email from Disney saying the following. Is it possible they’re treating DVC owners as having tickets even if they didn’t buy them yet? :

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.

I got the same message. Even though I have had annual passes in the past, I don’t have a current one. So, I don’t have valid theme park admission either!

I got the same email and we do have tickets, I did see this posted elsewhere that a TA was sent this and it would be going out to all with reservations that included tickets,

But, as a DVC owner without them, I do wonder if they are going to include all DVC reservations, regardless of ticket purchases yet, to book a park in the first phase of making reservations.

It would make sense to me because of the nature of DVC. I know they need time to work it out from an IT standpoint...which is not their strongest area...but it is hard to wait for answers.

ETA. Let’s hope when they open, they allow trips booked through the end of the year book right away!

Wonder where my email is - I have an AP the doesn't expire until December and I also have an October reservation at BWV.

I have to imagine the reason they are cancelling everything and ADDING an additional reservation system is because they know they are close to what they are thinking capacity will be already. My guess is if you have a hotel reserved with tickets purchased you WILL be able to get into a park. Might not be your first choice for that day but you'll be able to get in a park. Still have to wait on all the details to unfold of course. This is just my guess.

I’m also DVC. Two studios and a grand villa booked for October. Two couples ordered tickets from UT as soon as it was announced that we would need to make park reservations. Two couples are on the fence about throwing good money out there when things are so uncertain.

I ordered the physical tickets, which will be arriving on Monday. I wanted to be able to return them for a 95% refund in the event we don’t go or if even getting into the parks is too much of a hassle. I have 90 days to decide.

I liked the ticket idea so much, I went to UT and bought tickets. Then, I noticed that about half an hour before, I got an email from Disney saying, "However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. There’s nothing you need to do at this time."

So, I guess they are treating DVC reservations as having tickets? Anyway, I've got tickets on the way, and I can just roll them over to another year if this trip gets canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter