What Does Your Family Prefer On Meatloaf?

What does your family prefer on meatloaf?

• Ketchup

• Gravy

• Other; Please Share!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I mix ketchup with Karo Syrup and pour it over the meatloaf for the last 15 minutes baking. It is a great glaze.

I don't know if it was here or somewhere else, but Stovetop stuffing was said to replace bread or crackers. Holy hannah that makes for some delic meatloaf!

Try topping your meat loaf with a little bit of sloppy joe sauce or even some chili sauce . Tangy and delish!

DH never liked my meatloaf and I tried several different recipes, even the Stove Top recipe. Then I found a recipe for "mini" meatloaf and he loves these!

I combine the chop meat, breadcrumbs, seasoning, egg, and a little bit of water, then put the mixture in non-stick sprayed muffin/cupcake tins about 2/3 full. Then, with the back of a spoon, make an indentation in the top of each and here's the good part -
For half of the mini meatloaves I put 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and fresh chopped oregano
For the rest I put 1 Tbsp chili sauce
They only take about 30 minutes to bake and can be refrigerated and reheated for leftovers.
DH loves spicy so the chili sauce ones are a big hit and the oregano ones are more traditional Italian. You don't need anything else on them - they bake up delicious! He went from someone who wouldn't eat my meatloaf to actually requesting these mini meatloaves!

I use a tomato/basil sauce on mine. But I make mini loaves and stuff each with a light mozzarella stick. The kids love the cheese inside.

I'm a "recovering vegetarian" as my DF likes to call me, so I've started cooking things I've never made in my life. Thought I'd make meatloaf to surprise DF, thinking he'd be thrilled with meat in it instead of TVP, but oh no, he asked, "Where's the mashed potatoes?" Mashed potatoes??? On top of meatloaf? I told him that made a solid shepherd's pie & not meatloaf!

I'm a "recovering vegetarian" as my DF likes to call me, so I've started cooking things I've never made in my life. Thought I'd make meatloaf to surprise DF, thinking he'd be thrilled with meat in it instead of TVP, but oh no, he asked, "Where's the mashed potatoes?" Mashed potatoes??? On top of meatloaf? I told him that made a solid shepherd's pie & not meatloaf!

Now that's one I've never heard of! Too funny! We eat mashed potatoes next to our meatloaf, and DS likes to put both on his fork at the same time, but to bake it that way?? I'd think they'd get dried out & yucky! ;)

My meatloaf is good enough to stand alone. But DD always adds ketchup. DH and I prefer a little Heinz 57.

I use a a wonderful recipe from allrecipes.com that my family really enjoys but the topping consist of ketchup, mustard and brown sugar.

Our family loves this Tex-Mex Meatloaf recipe:

Tex-Mex Meatloaf:
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
1 egg
1 can (10 oz) Ro*Tel Diced tomatoes & green chiles
1 small onion, chopped
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/3 cup chili sauce

Directions: Preheat oven to 375. Combine first six ingredients (all except chili sauce) Spread into 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 X 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Bake one hour; drain excess drippings. Spoon chili sauce over cooked loaf; bake 15 minutes longer. Makes 8 servings.

I got this recipe many years ago off the side of a Ro*Tel can, and lost it sometime last year. Searched everywhere for it. No luck on their web site, or calling them - it wasn't even in their computers anymore. Thank goodness I remembered I had photocopied it and gave a copy to my brother who wanted it one day.

I voted other. I use both. I bake the meatloaf with ketchup in and on the top. Then I usually pour a little gravy over it as well!!!

Nothing on it - I tried that once - cooking it with ketchup on top - and it got vetoed!

But they do love to dip it in ketchup. Yeah, the don't like it on top, just on the side. Go figure.

I like mine plain. Unless it's between two pieces of bread, then ketchup!

I always put ketchup on top. Also put it inside, and we dip it in ketchup. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter