What exactly are these "secret/best toilets in DW"

bell_ed28

Earning My Ears
having recently been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, I'm already planning ahead and dreading the difference this year's annual trip to WDW will bring.

Toilets,

what am I to do if I take ill and have a flare up? I feel so negatively about this because my past experiences of Disney Park toilets all feature a stranger watching me try to relieve myself through the huge and unnecessary gap all American public toilets seem to have? how uncomfortable and humiliating

I've been researching tips and stories from other park goers with IBD and it appears there are certain toilets I ought to know about. I'm wondering why these toilets are so special: is it just the decor or are they less crowded, do people wait patiently if a stall is occupied and do they refrain from watching you empty your bladder after swigging one of Lefou's famous brews?

many thanks

having recently been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, I'm already planning ahead and dreading the difference this year's annual trip to WDW will bring.

Toilets,

what am I to do if I take ill and have a flare up? I feel so negatively about this because my past experiences of Disney Park toilets all feature a stranger watching me try to relieve myself through the huge and unnecessary gap all American public toilets seem to have? how uncomfortable and humiliating

I've been researching tips and stories from other park goers with IBD and it appears there are certain toilets I ought to know about. I'm wondering why these toilets are so special: is it just the decor or are they less crowded, do people wait patiently if a stall is occupied and do they refrain from watching you empty your bladder after swigging one of Lefou's famous brews?

many thanks
I am guessing you are talking about single door handicapped stalls they are used by many people who need to help another guest or bring ECV into. for you the one problem I see is that a lot of times if someone is in there when it could take that person longer to get out if you are in a hurry

You can try the Companion bathrooms - those are essentially a private room with a door that locks, and no one can see in.

Personally, I have never noticed any problem with anyone peeking into the "cracks" in the regular bathroom stalls, and I've been going to Disney World since 1972.

The best toilet is the available one when you gotta go. Most people at Disney are too wrapped up in themselves to take much notice of anyone else in the washroom. If you are in the stall you can certainly see out but 99% of the time people out really can't see in (except for feet at the bottom). I agree that most public toilets in Europe seem much more private with the smaller gaps.

I agree that most public toilets in Europe seem much more private with the smaller gaps.

Yep - the space is just a little larger in USA bathrooms. So yes, you can technically make eye contact with someone outside the stall, - but ... ummmmm just don't look!

Nobody on the outside of the stalls is purposefully spending time staring through the gaps and watching you. Okay, except little kids who should be immediately corrected by other adults.

Stop worrying so much! It's a toilet! Everyone uses a toilet for the same thing!

...Everyone uses a toilet for the same thing!

Yes ma'am! As my Mama used to say, "All God's creatures gotta go!"

I *do* understand toileting anxiety - I have a family member who is one of those folks who has to have a *very* specific set of conditions in order to "go". It's one of the reasons he doesn't travel often, and rarely to a new location that I have not already scouted for him; he needs to know what the bathroom situation will be in advance.

OP, I don't have any specific advice for you, other than to remember that as others have said, no one is really watching; just as you can easily see out of a dark room, but people out in the sunshine can't really see you, you can see the people outside the stall because the stall walls trick your eyes; all you see is the smooth stall walls and THE CRACK, (which is where your vision naturally focuses, because it's the most visually interesting thing in the stall) where outside the stall, it is visually very "noisy", with lots of people, and movement as doors are opened and closed, and hands are (hopefully) washed, etc... so THE CRACK is actually just more of a line, a visual non-event, and on the outside, no one is really paying any attention to it.

Last edited:
To actually see inside THE CRACK one would have to place their eyeball an inch or two from the door. In my 70+ years I have never seen ANYONE do this even a child. Maybe this is an "activity" for Europeans, but Americans do not do that.

My worst bathroom experience was in France where there were unisex stalls with NO DOORS at all.

I'm guessing they mean the family/ companion restrooms that are a whole private room with a regular door. Unless someone has a list of which bathrooms are more out of the way and more likely to be empty?

I'm guessing they mean the family/ companion restrooms that are a whole private room with a regular door. Unless someone has a list of which bathrooms are more out of the way and more likely to be empty?

I wouldn't recommend the companion restrooms to anyone who is nervous about using the toilet, as it is very likely to have someone banging on the door at some point.

My advice is to try for a stall at the end of the row. Though the nice thing is at Disney the bathrooms are always so busy that no one is going to notice what you are doing or how long you are in the stall. And if someone peeking in is a problem take a hoodie along and hang it over the crack.

The MDE app has a restroom locator on the top of the map view that will show where all the restrooms are. I have seen numerous posts on the various Disney blogs listing the best restrooms. However if you are in France, are going to go over to Innovations because it has less people in if you really have to go?

I have Invisalign braces so I have to remove them and brush my teeth every time I ate or drank something other than water. So I had to be restroom aware. I found the restroom in the second floor of Columbia Harbor House to be pretty empty. I would try to avoid the restrooms near the rides like splash mountain and kali rapids where people that get wet. Those restrooms always seem extra crowded with hair fixers or trying to dry off people

My worst bathroom experience was in France where there were unisex stalls with NO DOORS at all.

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: Wow, I think I would just hold it! This is the most uncomfortable sounding bathroom scenario I've ever heard of. I know some countries have holes you have to squat over, but I would rather do that in private, than sit on a toilet in plain view of EVERYONE.

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: Wow, I think I would just hold it! This is the most uncomfortable sounding bathroom scenario I've ever heard of. I know some countries have holes you have to squat over, but I would rather do that in private, than sit on a toilet in plain view of EVERYONE.
It was years ago so hopefully things are better now. I remember walking past all these stalls with men and women in them trying not to look. Fortunately for me the very last one was empty so no one was walking past me. I was desperate.

It was years ago so hopefully things are better now. I remember walking past all these stalls with men and women in them trying not to look. Fortunately for me the very last one was empty so no one was walking past me. I was desperate.

Holy cow... I can't even imagine!

I wouldn't recommend the companion restrooms to anyone who is nervous about using the toilet, as it is very likely to have someone banging on the door at some point.

My advice is to try for a stall at the end of the row. Though the nice thing is at Disney the bathrooms are always so busy that no one is going to notice what you are doing or how long you are in the stall. And if someone peeking in is a problem take a hoodie along and hang it over the crack.

Thank you, I hadn’t thought of that tip! Yes I had read that there have been some impatient park goers that are known to bang on the toilet doors, so that was an additional worry of mine. Reading all these replies has calmed me down a bit though; I’m realising my anxiety had blown things out of proportion

The MDE app has a restroom locator on the top of the map view that will show where all the restrooms are. I have seen numerous posts on the various Disney blogs listing the best restrooms. However if you are in France, are going to go over to Innovations because it has less people in if you really have to go?

I have Invisalign braces so I have to remove them and brush my teeth every time I ate or drank something other than water. So I had to be restroom aware. I found the restroom in the second floor of Columbia Harbor House to be pretty empty. I would try to avoid the restrooms near the rides like splash mountain and kali rapids where people that get wet. Those restrooms always seem extra crowded with hair fixers or trying to dry off people

Yeah, I was referring to the blog posts you’ve likely read! I am actually going to Disneyland Paris in 2 weeks and to Disney World in October, so this was helpful, thank you! Now that you mention it, it seems common sense to avoid toilets near water rides but I’ve been advised to never pass by any toilet without using it, hmm

I have never heard what you are talking about. What is your source?
Neither have I. Any bathroom could be busy most do not have s big crack for people to see in and most people are in and out so they can get on with there trip so they will not notice you

I had read some blog posts and vlogs narrowing down the “hidden toilets”

http://orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/Topic/Hidden-Bathrooms-at-Magic-Kingdom.htm

https://www.worldofwalt.com/hidden-restrooms-in-disney-world.html

https://www.followmeaway.com/bathroomsatepcot/

Sorry if I didn’t make much sense. After reading these replies I’ve realised I was most likely worrying myself. I have anxiety so anywhere crowded can make me agitated. Naturally I assumed with the crack in the door anyone would be able to see inside if I could see outside the stall but that’s silly and very inconvenient. My apologies!

Yes ma'am! As my Mama used to say, "All God's creatures gotta go!"

I *do* understand toileting anxiety - I have a family member who is one of those folks who has to have a *very* specific set of conditions in order to "go". It's one of the reasons he doesn't travel often, and rarely to a new location that I have not already scouted for him; he needs to know what the bathroom situation will be in advance.

OP, I don't have any specific advice for you, other than to remember that as others have said, no one is really watching; just as you can easily see out of a dark room, but people out in the sunshine can't really see you, you can see the people outside the stall because the stall walls trick your eyes; all you see is the smooth stall walls and THE CRACK, (which is where your vision naturally focuses, because it's the most visually interesting thing in the stall) where outside the stall, it is visually very "noisy", with lots of people, and movement as doors are opened and closed, and hands are (hopefully) washed, etc... so THE CRACK is actually just more of a line, a visual non-event, and on the outside, no one is really paying any attention to it.

I don’t want to go into detail with the IBD because it can be unpleasant, but yes I did have general anxiety about using the toilet anyway! I’d rather go in peace without having to worry about crowded restrooms. That makes me feel a lot better, I know I’ve said it twice already but I’m sure now that I was just working myself up thinking if I could see thru the door others could see inside.

I realise now how silly I sounded, so thank you everybody for your understanding and advice. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter