What exactly is included with the DDP?

Supermom3

DIS Veteran
I apologize if I’ve missed this, but I’m having trouble figuring out exactly what is included with the DDP. I haven’t used the DDP since before 2016 so I know lots have changed since then.

Our family is 5 Disney adults with 2 21+ adults. So I guess my questions are:
What’s included with the QS and TS meals? Any specialty drink? Any alcohol drink for 21+? Desserts?

I know that there are now 2 snack credits per day now. Are those more or less the same items that they have always been? Are there any restrictions?

Thanks!

The link above will give you a run down of what is included in each level of the dining plan.

One Alcoholic beverage per meal is included for people that are of age (but generally not those that come in a specialty glass)

Not every menu item is available under the dining plan, so there are some restrictions on what you can order depending on the restaurant.

And in general, they won't allow you to substitute (so for example, you can't sub a dessert for an appetizer, or swap something that is included as part of your meal for something that isn't). You can exchange a QS credit for 3 snack credits in a single transaction (handy if you are going during food & wine fest) but it has to be in a single transaction.

You can exchange a QS credit for 3 snack credits in a single transaction (handy if you are going during food & wine fest) but it has to be in a single transaction.

This one is hit or miss, or at least it was before everything shut down. Resorts were still doing it, but being able to do it in the parks was getting more rare. The enforcement and tracking of the "kids must eat from a kid's menu" means restaurants are now being reimbursed correctly, and getting 3 snacks with a kid's credit is a loss for those restaurants. We didn't have any specialty booths open in EP yet to know if these will still do it or not.

This one is hit or miss, or at least it was before everything shut down. Resorts were still doing it, but being able to do it in the parks was getting more rare. The enforcement and tracking of the "kids must eat from a kid's menu" means restaurants are now being reimbursed correctly, and getting 3 snacks with a kid's credit is a loss for those restaurants. We didn't have any specialty booths open in EP yet to know if these will still do it or not.

Oh yeah - kids QS to snack credits were sketchy at best, but adult credits were still converting OK. OP mentioned their entire party were Disney adults, so that shouldn't be an issue.

The link above will give you a run down of what is included in each level of the dining plan.

One Alcoholic beverage per meal is included for people that are of age (but generally not those that come in a specialty glass)

Would an alcoholic beverage be included at say a QS lunch and then again at a TS meal in the same day?

@tinkerpat

Yes, you get an alcoholic beverage with EVERY QS and TS credit, so if you eat one QS and one TS on the same day, you'll get an alcoholic beverage at both meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!