What happened to all the fast passes?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this in the “Lack of FP Options” thread but they one doesn’t seem to have much activity today so I’ll put it here.
For those who are familiar with The Dibb fast pass availability tool, do you find it is pretty accurate as far as Fast Pass availability?

We currently have a mid-June DVC reservation. Haven’t been canceled yet but I do expect it to happen.

I was going to wait to get canceled but now I’m thinking about just pulling the trigger and trying to reschedule in July as I see some dates with decent FP+ availability. I’m just a little hesitant to do so and then find that those fast passes are not really available.

One other think I just noticed on The Dibb fast pass availability page is that it says “Last Updated May 7” which seems odd simply because some of the more popular rides are almost fully booked through July. Wonder if that date is accurate.
It’s relatively accurate, but it is not continuously updated, so take everything you see with a grain of salt.

If you have a reservation that you can't use, there is no benefit to keeping it, and you are just taking that time slot away from someone who could use it. You won't have any better luck modifying an existing reservation for a given ride than booking it as a new FP. Just cancel it and keep looking.

Yea, I get that. But since there is also a good chance the airline will change flight times, I’m not cancelling anything at this point. If I do end up actually needing to cancel, someone will get a last minute bonus.

Posted this in the “Lack of FP Options” thread but they one doesn’t seem to have much activity today so I’ll put it here.
For those who are familiar with The Dibb fast pass availability tool, do you find it is pretty accurate as far as Fast Pass availability?

We currently have a mid-June DVC reservation. Haven’t been canceled yet but I do expect it to happen.

I was going to wait to get canceled but now I’m thinking about just pulling the trigger and trying to reschedule in July as I see some dates with decent FP+ availability. I’m just a little hesitant to do so and then find that those fast passes are not really available.

One other think I just noticed on The Dibb fast pass availability page is that it says “Last Updated May 7” which seems odd simply because some of the more popular rides are almost fully booked through July. Wonder if that date is accurate.

It's accurate as of the moment in time they pull the data and for the number of guests they show. The one 'problem' is the FP system is dynamic- people change things constantly and Disney has been known to add/tinker with FP supply at times, so things change. But it'll be directionally accurate, if that makes sense.

TouringPlans also has a FP availability feature, again, only as accurate as the moment in time snapshot where the data was taken: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass-availability

It's accurate as of the moment in time they pull the data and for the number of guests they show. The one 'problem' is the FP system is dynamic- people change things constantly and Disney has been known to add/tinker with FP supply at times, so things change. But it'll be directionally accurate, if that makes sense.

TouringPlans also has a FP availability feature, again, only as accurate as the moment in time snapshot where the data was taken: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass-availability
I use both, knowing what their limits are, but just to get a quick idea of general fastpass availability.

The two big diffrences between the two:
1) Touringplans only updates once a day, around Midnight. Whereas the dibb updates throughout the day (I don't believe it is a set schedule, but may actually be somewhat user driven, as I've seen it show last updated at the exact moment I clicked a link). So, throughout the day, the dibb should be much closer to what is actually available.

2) Touringplans does it's search based on 1 person. The dibb does checks based on parties of 2 and 4.

Whereas the dibb updates throughout the day (I don't believe it is a set schedule, but may actually be somewhat user driven, as I've seen it show last updated at the exact moment I clicked a link). So, throughout the day, the dibb should be much closer to what is actually available.
It used to update at the top of every hour with a 2 hr break in the mornings when the FP window opened. Now it seems to update when you refresh the page.

Just saw HS and Epcot not opening until July 15 and MK/AK opening a couple days earlier than that. Not sure to me that it even matters anymore about my lack of fast pass headliners as our HS day IS July 15 and for the first time I’m actually thinking about cancelling the whole trip.
#1 Cancel Or
#2 Have what could be the most interesting trip to Disney ever with possibly low crowds (do you think?) and pics to show the grandkids in 20 years of our family with masks on at Disney
Decisions
What is everyone else thinking they are going to do about a July trip?

It used to update at the top of every hour with a 2 hr break in the mornings when the FP window opened. Now it seems to update when you refresh the page.
Just saw HS and Epcot not opening until July 15 and MK/AK opening a couple days earlier than that. Not sure to me that it even matters anymore about my lack of fast pass headliners as our HS day IS July 15 and for the first time I’m actually thinking about cancelling the whole trip.
#1 Cancel Or
#2 Have what could be the most interesting trip to Disney ever with possibly low crowds (do you think?) and pics to show the grandkids in 20 years of our family with masks on at Disney
Decisions
What is everyone else thinking they are going to do about a July trip?

Appreciate the responses. I have another question.

So obviously our mid June DVC trip was cancelled and I rebooked for July. I was able to get decent fast passes today but not some of the top 5.

I hear people talking about stalking the MDE site to check for changing availability. How do you check availability. I have booked 3 passes for every day in our trip so if I try to check / modify it asks me to cancel existing before I can proceed.

I’d like to be able to verify what’s actually available before I cancel.

All my fast passes just disappeared from my plans on Disney Experience. Trip is scheduled July 15-20.
I suppose everyday there will be something new or changed. Interesting times. Guess we will probably cancel the trip.

All my fast passes just disappeared from my plans on Disney Experience. Trip is scheduled July 15-20.
I suppose everyday there will be something new or changed. Interesting times. Guess we will probably cancel the trip.
Yep. Mine are gone for July 16-23. Very likely to cancel now. The rides were the only thing left!

Mine reservations I made yesterday morning are still there (for July 27 to Aug 1), should I worry?

Mine reservations I made yesterday morning are still there (for July 27 to Aug 1), should I worry?
Mine were gone a couple hours ago "Unable to display FP+ information" and are back now. I wouldn't worry. The fastpass system hours still don't match the published park hours for our dates, so I'm assuming they aren't done tinkering yet.

Mine were gone a couple hours ago "Unable to display FP+ information" and are back now. I wouldn't worry. The fastpass system hours still don't match the published park hours for our dates, so I'm assuming they aren't done tinkering yet.

Mine are back as well. Can’t seem to make changes but at least they are there.

I was trying to book my fastpasses today and got Olaf saying whoops, we can't put this page together. Ughh

Since FP+ service is being suspended for the time being and existing FPs are being cancelled, closing this thread.

Source:
FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours: As a result of the COVID-19 impact, the FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at our attractions and maintain physical distancing. We will automatically cancel existing FastPass+ selections and share any future updates on the service at a later date. Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/05/an-update-on-walt-disney-world-resort-reservations/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!