What happened to going one time and then waiting awhile? – A Nov 2017 PTR

We will be there the same time! We leave 11/24 and come back on 12/2.

Very nice. I'll be easy to spot most of the time. There are 21 of us, 2 scooters and 3 strollers. I am working on the beginnings of a TR now. It would be nice to bump into each other.

We are just 9 days away!! But before I do my last update (because I don’t expect to have time to do another before we leave) I want to give a brief update on our May trip plans.

So our DVC/Church friends have had to shorten their trip. They forgot they were giving some of their points for friends to go in 2018 so they don’t have enough to stay the full week with us. They are now going to come down on Sunday and leave Friday while we are staying Saturday to Saturday.

I mentioned in my last post that we plan to stay at another resort our last night. We now have it booked. It’s at….

Beach-Club-Garth-Vaughan2.jpg
BEACH CLUB!

C is so excited!! The boys and I are too, of course. But C and his planning…. I swear it’s like a kid on Christmas morning.

We also have a variety of ADRs already made. We wanted to have a variety of options and then decide as it gets a little closer which ones to keep. C was amazed at how easy it was to get these this time and how easy it’s been to already make changes. Not being Free Dining really makes a big difference.

This is what we have (this is over a period of 8 days):
Boma 5:35PM

Ohana 8:25AM
Ohana 3:50PM
Tusker House 8:15 AM (45 mins before the park opens)
Bon Voyage Breakfast 8:05AM & 10:35AM
Boma 8:00AM
Beaches and Cream 2:10 PM & 5:10PM & 7:10.
Whispering Canyon Café 6:25PM
Whispering Canyon Café 8:00AM
Be Our Guest 4:40PM
Garden Grill 8:00AM (1 hour before the park opens)
Bon Voyage Breakfast 8:55AM
Beaches and Cream 1:50PM

Our flights are booked round-trip (with points at that). So we are fairly excited to think that we will only have to worry about food and souvenir money for this trip. Our room is covered through DVC and we’ll have season passes as of this coming trip.

So now onto this PTR Update.

"You want me to wear what!?!"

The packing process has begun! This past weekend I started gathering things that we don’t use every day and putting them in a box. The grocery list has been sent to Nana for her to purchase once they get close since they are driving down. My list of items that we still need has been made and I’ll be picking those things up in the next couple of days. My friend is working on our shirts so I hope to have those in the next few days. If I get them and have a moment, I’ll take a few pictures and post them.

The reason for my title has to do with C and his reaction to my ideas of matching shirts. When I first mentioned it to him I got the “You want me to wear what!?!” response. I really should have had her make him one of those ‘I don’t do matching shirts!’ But, I know he wouldn’t wear it so why waste her time and my money. Anyways, I grudgingly got him to agree to wear a shirt with Beast’s silhouette on our BOG reservation day. He is also going to wear (though he doesn’t know it yet) an Alabama-Mickey-Helmet shirt. That is if she can get it to turn out well. I believe he will be fine with it because he is a HUGE Crimson Tide fan.

The plan for the next week is as follows:

Saturday – I’m running in a 5K! (I’m so excited. It’ll be my first ever to run the entire time. I’ve gotten my time down to 41 mins. A little on the slow side but not too shabby for someone that never imagined she’d “run” anywhere, much less 3+ miles.) Then a little cleaning, a lot of laundry and some decorating for Christmas

Sunday – Church, Thanksgiving meal @ church, and more Christmas decorating

Monday – finish cleaning and more laundry. Both boys are staying home with me instead of going to daycare and school program in hopes of keeping them well. Which also means, it’s going to take longer to get everything on my to-do list done.

Tuesday – the packing begins!

Wednesday & Thursday will be scattered with some cooking and more packing/cleaning. I hate coming home to a dirty house after a trip.

I know I’ve posted the spreadsheet for our trip in a previous post (and yes, it has changed some since then) but now I’m going to do a brief summary of our plans for each day minus FPs since those are on the spreadsheet.

Friday – Travel Day!
We will be up bright and early to finish up last minute packing and get the boys to eat a quick breakfast. C will be ready to have our dog Luna at the vet when they open at 7am. While he’s gone, I’ll be loading the luggage into our neighbors suburban. As soon as he’s back we’ll head to the airport. We will decide on lunch once we land. I’d like to wait until we get to POFQ but we may be too hungry to wait. After lunch, we plan to explore the resort. Maybe check out the pool – weather permitting – and/or the playground. Supper will be at the resort.

Saturday – Resort Exploration and new dining experience
There is no rush to get up early. Once we are up, we will head over for a breakfast of beignets. We will need to check-out and head to our lunch ADR for Beaches & Cream. After that, we plan to head over to Epcot to change our tickets to APs (if we can swing it we may do APs first so that we can get 10% off at B&C). Then we are heading to AKL to check it out. Depending on when we are finished there, we may head over to another DVC resort. Otherwise, we will meet back-up with Nana and Mr. B at AS for supper.

Sunday – Animal Kingdom
We’ll need to be up bright and early for our PPO ADR at Tusker House. We’ll hit up some things we missed out on last time and a couple of our FPs before eating lunch at Restaurantosaurus. Then some more “new” things and another FPs before supper at Flame Tree and then hopefully ROL.

Monday – Epcot
Our first FP is @ 9:45 so we plan to be in the park by then. Lunch is at Akershus. We plan to hit a couple of things we missed last time and some favorites and hopefully make it until Illuminations. Supper may be at Sunshine Seasons. One of those things I hope we can do is the Pick a Pearl in Japan

Tuesday – Magic Kingdom and Nana & Mr. Bill’s last day with us
The plan is to get there as close to opening as we can to get in line for Tinker Bell. If not, our first FP is for 9am to meet Talking Mickey anyways. Time permitting we may hit up Snow White before heading over to G’s first haircut appointment at 11am. We plan to go early enough to try to get a PhotoPass photographer to take photos of it. (Have I mentioned how excited I am about having PP this trip!!!). Then it’s lunch at Pinocchio’s and onto more rides and meet & greets until our supper ADR at Crystal Palace. Then we are headed back to the resort because the park closes @ 6pm. Nana and Mr. B will be headed onto their other plans at that point, too.

Wednesday – Our “Rest” Day that has more appropriately been dubbed “Flex” Day
Sleep in (if possible); check out AS pool/playground until time to head to DS for our lunch ADR at T-Rex. We will do a little shopping and the head over to Epcot. We have FPs for a couple of things at Epcot. Once we finish up there, we will head to MK in time for out BOG ADR.

Thursday – Hollywood Studios
Sleep in if we can then mosey on over to the park for our first FP at 11:05. Eat lunch at Sci-Fi and then do some things we missed the last visit. We’d like to make it until time to see Fantasmic.

Friday – Magic Kingdom
Our first FP is at 10 so we will for sure be there by then. We plan to do anything we didn’t get to Tuesday and then some of our favorites. Lunch is whatever we are closest too at the time we get hungry. We have an ADR at PF @ 6:25 and the park closes @ 6pm anyways. We plan to check out the resort either before our ADR or after depending on time.

Saturday – A little more park time and then traveling
We were originally flying out in the morning so there wasn’t going to be time to do anything but check-out and get on the ME. But we moved our flight to later in the day so we may go to another park and do a few things. We will need to be back to catch the ME about 3:30pm. As of right now, this day is wide open.

Well, that pretty much covers it for this PTR. I want to say thank you to those that have followed along with my first PTR. It’s been fun getting to share our plans with others that love Disney, too.

To end it on a happy note (if I don’t get to post shirt pics), here’s our picture from Halloween! D picked everyone’s characters this year.

IMG_5401 (2).png

Last edited:
I mentioned in my last post that we plan to stay at another resort our last night. We now have it booked. It’s at….

beach-club-garth-vaughan2-jpg.283468

BEACH CLUB!

YAY! Excellent choice! I want to stay here someday.

You plans looks so exciting! Good luck getting Clint into your not-quite-matching-shirts! It's only a matter of time now—I hope you all have a blast!

Woohoo! She delivered our shirts last night. I only got a little panicky. :hourglass

Here are some quick snaps before I packed them. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I'm happy with the way they turned out.

23 hours and counting!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter