What happened to Ohana's

It used to be one of our favorites. Now, it is really a hit or miss, regarding both the food and the service. We do not go every trip anymore. The last time we went was 2 years ago and it was a great time. Both the food and the service was like it should be. I made an ADR for our upcoming trip in Feb. since it has been 2 years. I am hoping it will be another great experience.

Ohana's has been a family favorite through the years and it has become our tradition to always have our first dinner there. Tonight is the first night of our resort stay and we were anticipating our dinner tonight because this meal has always proved to be incredible. This wasnt the case tonight. The food that was served was barely edible. The welcome bread was hard. The salad was bland. We received cold skewered meat prior to our wings and potstickers. The timing was all over the place. I also have allergies and spoke to the chef, even listed them out for hjm. He prepared my meal seperately, but presented me with noodles that i couldnt have. Thank goodness i questioned him or else my night wouldve been shot. Bottom line, im disappointed. This meal was NOT worth the 170 dollar price tag for three adults. I will be hesitant to visit there next time. They need to get their act together!
So sorry to hear that. Chef Brandon went out of his way to personally prepare and serve delicious gluten and dairy free options for our friend when we dined at 'Ohana. Our food was divine, and our servers were very accommodating. I truly believe that the waiter you have can make or break your experience. We always tip accordingly. We enjoyed our dinner so much, we plan on skipping Chef Mickeys and eating dinner at 'Ohana twice next time.

Certainly does seem to be inconsistent. We're another family that went last week for breakfast (our second time) and everything was as great as we remembered it - food, juice, service, character interaction, wait times, everything! As a matter of fact, last time we went, they only took our picture outside of Ohana's - this time, Pluto was there for the photo op, too! We didn't have photo pass, but the CM took several very nice pictures with our phone.

Ohanas runs hot and cold, as do many restaurants (Disney and otherwise). The reason for its continued extreme popularity is:

1. It does double-duty, with characters in the morning and fireworks viewing at night
2. It offers a family style atmoshpere that can accomodate larger traveling parties
3. It's on the monorail loop
4. It offers large amount of food that generally appeal to the average American palate, and which are presented in a rapid manner

We were there a couple of weeks ago....the food was just ok... certainly edible and plentiful. We did have a fair view for the fireworks...nice but not great. Our server was just ok as well. Actually felt like he ignored us a little for a larger group. Glad we tried it but we are probably one and done. We have had better meals for less at Disney!

I don’t get the love for this place. I’ve said many times you couldn’t pay me to eat there

Time to eat my words. My very dear friend is getting married in August. She is hosting a dinner there a couple days after the wedding. So yup, I am going to ‘ohana :rolleyes:

When we were there in May, everything was fine—food, service, entertainment—but the drinks were horrible. Same thing happened our previous visit the prior September.

It was disappointing because I really used to like the Lapu Lapu. Next time, I’m sticking with unsweetened iced tea. The drinks cost too much to get terrible ones.

We had dinner at Ohana last week and it was just "ok". Before this trip, the last time we had dinner there was in Feb 2015 and the meal was excellent. We were really looking forward to going back but nothing was really great like before. They seated us early and we had a great table with an awesome MK view but the service seemed really rushed. We probably won't be back for a while.

We managed to get a reservation for dinner once for our 2015 trip and we were very disappointed, food was barely warm and the service was awful. I don't know that I'd do it again.

Ate there for the first time in January of this year with my daughters - have to say I was underwhelmed. My best expereince was the nioght we went to Kona (my Mom and I) and the Kona kitchen was closed due a water line break. Got the Ohana meal at a reduced cost with good service.

I have posted about this recently and it seems to be a trend. Overbooked so service is rushed and the quality just isn't what it used to be.

We ate here in December. It has been our 1 "must do" each trip for years. Several times per year at times. This last trip it was "fine" - but no longer a must do for us. Our server was GREAT and personable. Gave my toddler options outside of what was served. The food itself is fine- we love the noodles, the bread, and the potstickers are fantastic. The meat was just "ok" this time. There wasn't one single thing that by itself made us not want to return - it was a mixture of the cost, with the constant "rushed" feeling, and the "'just ok" food. In totality - it just made it our last time for us for quite a while at least. With tip it was over $300... for 2 adults, 2 teens, and 1 toddler (who ate an uncrustable.)

Nope - for $300 I could've dined at Yachtsman. Ohana had it's day - but its over for us now.

I think this restaurant has always been hit or miss, and maybe your family just got lucky and this is the first time it's been a miss. I remember several years ago we took a big, extended family trip (DW, me, my sister, BIL, our niece, and my maternal aunts and uncles w/spouses and maternal grandparents). It was my maternal grandparents birthday celebration for their 75th and 80th birthdays and after I had done a lot of searching we decided on Ohana because we were able to get a reservation time that would be near the fireworks and we got lucky and were seated by the window. But even then I'd read so many reviews that were both good and bad that I was nervous because I had been the one to make the recommendation. Luckily it was fantastic from beginning to end, not a bad course, and no one in our group of 14 had a single complaint. A few years later DW and I went just the two of us and were both very underwhelmed by the entire experience, to the point that we said that we weren't sure we would give it another chance with so many other options. We are planning a family trip this December and honestly, it's not even on our radar this time.

We dined there for the first time last week. The food was good, but I can get similar quality at Panda Express. It was over $250 for our family of 5. Definitely wouldn't dine there again.

This was our favorite restaurant in the past, the last time we ate there ( 8 of us) it was awful, the food, the service I was so disappointed.
I emailed Disney about it and they called me back within few days. The man was very nice and understanding.
He mailed me a $300 Disney gift card.
We have not been back since and probably won't try it again, unless I read here some wonderful kind of change has happened.

Wow, I am disappointed to hear the bad reviews here. 'Ohana dinner has always been a MUST DO every trip, and luckily we have never had a bad experience food or service. But I have to admit I am a bit worried now. Our next trip is November 2019 (Sept 2016 was our last trip) and I really hope we aren't disappointed , it would be like taking some of the magic away :sad2:

I've been there when it was a wonderful experience, seated within a reasonable time frame, wonderful character interaction (breakfast), awesome fresh, hot food, friendly, attentive service. It is a memorable experience when it's like that!! I've also been there seated in a crowded, cranky lobby for 45 minutes past ADR time, rushed in, fed over or under-cooked food quickly and herded out. Unfortunately the latter seems to be coming more common. Last time as we sat for nearly an hour watching diners leaving Kona with full bellies and smiles on their faces I decided to take an Ohana break for a bit. I'm sure we'll be back at some point but it will be awhile. :flower1:

Really hoping we have a good experience this summer. My MIL wants to stay at the resort for dinner so Ohana was the best option. For our party of 11 it will be quite the bill and I would hate for it to be a very expensive disappointment considering it’s the first time at WDW for everyone. Except us! We really enjoyed the Twilight Feast last year. We also booked a 3:30 pm reservation thinking we may not be as rushed as they won’t be in the weeds yet. Here’s to hoping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!