What happens after the 100th Anniversary Celebration?

Jsharp13

Mouseketeer
I saw some posts here that said the 100th Anniversary celebration at WDW runs for 18 months Did it begin January 2023? Hence would go through about June 2023?
What are the plans after that? Standard decor? Or is there another celebration?
We are going at the end of May, first week of June, so I'm curious what themes we could see. thanks!

Disney will invent another "celebration". It is really just a marketing slogan.

Disney will invent another "celebration". It is really just a marketing slogan.
That is a possibility... That's fine with me. It is a business, after all, not a charity. Even basic business degrees include a class on marketing. Tips and tricks to make money and to make the business grow.
I'm just curious if I'll be able to see those decorations and buy that marketed merchandise in May or if I will be buying other stuff. 😂😂😂

I'm just curious if I'll be able to see those decorations and buy that marketed merchandise in May or if I will be buying other stuff
There may be some leftovers.

Someone please verify! I thought the 50th was the one that ran for 18 months (10/22 - 04/23). Disney Land's 100th goes from 01/25/23 to 12/31/23. WDW's 100th began at Magic Kingdom on 04/23, with the celebration shifted to Epcot on 09/22/23, and all concluded at the end of December this year.

I'm just curious if I'll be able to see those decorations and buy that marketed merchandise in May or if I will be buying other stuff. 😂😂😂
If the time line I posted above is correct, then the 100th decorations would all be taken down and the availability of the associated merchandise would be extremely rare. I forgot to buy a certain 50th plush and couldn't find it anywhere despite coming back in April and June 2023. However, I found a different one stashed in a basket at a resort gift shop a few days ago. Full price, of course.

Each time we have been to Disney in the past one of the parks is always celebrating something. 25th yr or this or 35 yr of that. That's what Disney marketing people come up with as a way to promote Disney. Some seem more well-publicized or a bigger deal then others, but never found any of them a reason to go at that time..........it's called advertising !!!

I saw some posts here that said the 100th Anniversary celebration at WDW runs for 18 months Did it begin January 2023? Hence would go through about June 2023?
What are the plans after that? Standard decor? Or is there another celebration?
We are going at the end of May, first week of June, so I'm curious what themes we could see. thanks!
Walt's birthday, Mickey and Minnie's anniversary, Animal Kingdom's 30th birthday, the 140th anniversary of the invention of the roller coaster, the first anniversary of the closing of the Galactic Star Cruiser, earth's 4.5 Billion year birthday....

Anything to sell new Mickey Ears and shirts! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter