What has been the worst family/friends get together you have been at?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
As we have had one about dates , thought I would start one about family and friend get togethers and the worst ones you have been to , whether that be out for dinner or a night in with family or friends

I think the worst one for me was at Frankie and Benny's , my brother ordered a chocolate cake which he didn't eat and my mum was I'll so we had to leave early.

Went back east in 07 to DH's dad birthday party. Well we could not afford it. And to boot other things in between endured and then went to their home to play games. And there sat a young sister who was pregnant , 6 months and had not been to a dr visit for it and I was sitting near her. And needless to say , as the time got worse I went home the next day by myself. That was a scary flight.

Maybe it's me but I don't understand either ones of these.

As we have had one about dates , thought I would start one about family and friend get togethers and the worst ones you have been to , whether that be out for dinner or a night in with family or friends

I think the worst one for me was at Frankie and Benny's , my brother ordered a chocolate cake which he didn't eat and my mum was I'll so we had to leave early.

Your worst evening out was because your brother wouldn't eat chocolate cake in a restaurant? I don''t get it.

Went back east in 07 to DH's dad birthday party. Well we could not afford it. And to boot other things in between endured and then went to their home to play games. And there sat a young sister who was pregnant , 6 months and had not been to a dr visit for it and I was sitting near her. And needless to say , as the time got worse I went home the next day by myself. That was a scary flight.

A young sister? Your sister or your husband's? Needless to say what? Why did you go home because someone was pregnant? What was the connection between the flight and the young pregnant girl? Was she on the flight?

Maybe it's me but I don't understand either ones of these.

Your worst evening out was because your brother wouldn't eat chocolate cake in a restaurant? I don''t get it.

A young sister? Your sister or your husband's? Needless to say what? Why did you go home because someone was pregnant? What was the connection between the flight and the young pregnant girl? Was she on the flight?
DH's sister, and she had not seen a dr being pregnant and did not want her sick and bunch of other stuff went down that was not good and I wont get into it all. I was very upset about something and I just went home.

We went to a New Year’s Eve party hosted by a friend from work and her husband. They were having marital troubles and things were TENSE. He left her two days later.

Probably when I went to my parents for dinner and my sister and I got into a fight. My mom tried to mediate it. It ended up with my sister and I screaming at each other on the front lawn and the neighbors came to watch. :rolleyes1 Or the time we got together for my grandpa's birthday and my aunt and my sister got into it. And lucky me, I got thrown in the middle. Oh fun times! :sad2:

I was lucky enough to dodge this one...My family was having a small reunion with my Mom's side of the family. My cousin was there and he was drunk and had been somewhat man-handling his adult daughter. My Mom kind of reamed him out. Well he started calling my Mom names. My Dad did not like that AT ALL. He told my cousin to shut up and back off. My cousin started after my Dad. My Dad was in the middle of battling cancer and my cousin was going to fist fight him over something that was his fault. My Dad was done after that and said the he was never welcome in his house again. He came to my Dad's funeral like nothing happened at all, trying to finagle his way into getting my Dad's old guitar. I had a few names I wanted to call my cousin. He always was a slimy jerk!

I can’t make heads or tails of this post

Had to be Christmas Eve with my ex’s family. His family always gathered that night but for some reason that year they decided to get a ton of fireworks. They all drink so it was a bunch of very tipsy folks trying to do fireworks.

Ex mil lived in town (tiny little town, no firework laws) and was fairly close to the neighbors who were also setting off fireworks. Since so many fireworks were flying, I wouldn’t let my kids (just two then and very young) off the porch.

Somehow, I am not sure how, one family accused the other family of sending fireworks toward them and a big argument commensed. I mean yelling, screaming, threatening bodily harm.

I gathered up my two kids and went in the house. After a few minutes, it all settled down and we went back on the porch.

I think that was my last Christmas with that family.

My cousin is a sweet person, but a terrible hostess/party thrower. Last year for her little girls 6th birthday, she invited our family, her in laws, and her daughters entire class to their house for a birthday party at 1:00 on a Saturday and made sure to include in the invite that plan to have lunch at the party. She did rent a bounce house for the kids. There were probably 45ish people there total and she ordered 4 pizzas and that was it for food. No salad, chips, veggie tray, etc. My aunt had baked a birthday cake, and I saw it sitting on the kitchen counter, but it was never served.

Family members serving up red meat and only red meat during the many years I didn’t eat it. No salads or vegetables as sides, and assurance that there would be and not to bring a thing.

Getting together with friends (now not so friendly) for a meal and it turning into a *****fest about everyone they knew. I sat and wondered what they said in my absence. And always feel bad that I didn’t speak up and tell them to shut up but I was a lot younger.

Loads more when people got/get drunk and slobbery. Contrary to popular belief I rarely drink when out as always driving. I like to spend time catching up with people and having conversation and good food, not trying to decipher what their slurred speech is.

Yeah I know, I’m a bit judgy tonight.

Most of our worst events were memorials and funerals.

Our family is too fun and nuts at other events to have a bad time, I guess. Even though I'm kind of confused at this thread and some of the replies but then I am just coming off of a big family event yesterday celebrating my 88 year old Mom.

Our own wedding day. Yet the worse the wedding day, the longer the marriage they say. Going on 18 years strong.

I could have written this, and we are also about to celebrate 18 years. My attitude now is that it did its job - we got married - but we are still dealing with the fall-out from all the family nonsense that happened surrounding our wedding day.

I’m sorry that your day was also memorable for the wrong reasons.

I think the first one was supposed to say they had to leave because the mother was ILL. Maybe the OP was paying for dinner and the cake & leaving ruined the night/wasted his money.

The second one, god only knows... history of misspellings and incorrect word usage there. Maybe since the pregnant girl didn't go to the doctor someone thought she was contagious, lmao!

I'd say the worst one for me would be the 4th birthday party I threw at HOME for my daughter and a bunch of her little friends from daycare. They were LOUD! But I've never really had or been to a bad party/event.

Probably the birth of my children. We TOLD everyone not to come to the hospital. We said we would let them know as soon as they were born and when to visit. Well DH and I get to the hospital, I'm through pre-op and as I'm being wheeled across the hall to the OR there was a CROWD of people there. My bio-mom and her family were wasted (one of the final things that led to the final break from her), my step-mother and her family were irritated with them, DH's family was like, "WTH is wrong with her family?!" It was a mess.

The nursery had a big window and they could see the babies while I was being closed up. So they were all watching them attend to my son and got all freaked out before we'd even heard from the doctors. I got really angry that more people had seen my son in the NICU than I had, my drunk family was angry we wouldn't let them hold my daughter... It was a crap show.

AND my aunt wouldn't talk to me for like month because DH yelled at them all to leave and she took it very personally.

Fun times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter