What hotel in Disneyworld would you recommend?

Vicky9207

Earning My Ears
Me and my little family have just booked our first cruise ahhh! So excited!! We went to disneyworld last month and stayed in All Star Music (which we thought was great) however this time looking a change and maybe something bit higher in the categories. My son will be 10 (going on 15 lol) when we are going and my OH doesn’t really care (or he doesn’t get a choice lol) , we are very into getting to parks at rope drop, leaving and going back to the hotel and then coming back in the evening. Can anyone recommend anywhere, good transportation, doesn’t have to be overly close to the parks but don’t want to share buses with other resorts, maybe a good arcade? We are more into quick services for food. So having the best tables services in the hotel doesn’t really matter to us. My son loves swimming, so that’s a factor, anyone recommend anywhere?

Thank you in advance.

Been many times and it sure sounds to me like you are a tweener. I was going to say Beach Club for the pool but you mentioned quick serve food..then i was going to say POFQ but you said you have a swimmer....Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge is probably the best of both worlds if you could do the "cheap" deluxe. Good pool, have quick serves. I guess Beach club would still work if you figure a short jaunt in the backdoor of Epcot for quick serve food all around the lagoon.

Oh, and what does OH mean anyways? Stumped I am. Most call them a Dear Husband and "other husband" doesn't exactly have strong conotations. pirate: neither does original husband if you have an other husband. pirate: Ornery husband. Thats it! Ornery! I totally fit that abbreviation to a tee! :tigger: Can't be ordinary can it? Obtuse? Got to be Ornery!

I highly recommend the Art of Animation resort! So much to see, awesome pools, great décor...Nicer and newer than the All-Star and Pop Century resorts, but still not outrageously priced. Has its own bus! Excellent selection for food.

Been many times and it sure sounds to me like you are a tweener. I was going to say Beach Club for the pool but you mentioned quick serve food..then i was going to say POFQ but you said you have a swimmer....Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge is probably the best of both worlds if you could do the "cheap" deluxe. Good pool, have quick serves. I guess Beach club would still work if you figure a short jaunt in the backdoor of Epcot for quick serve food all around the lagoon.

Oh, and what does OH mean anyways? Stumped I am. Most call them a Dear Husband and "other husband" doesn't exactly have strong conotations. pirate: neither does original husband if you have an other husband. pirate: Ornery husband. Thats it! Ornery! I totally fit that abbreviation to a tee! :tigger: Can't be ordinary can it? Obtuse? Got to be Ornery!

I figured that OH was for "Other Half" :)

The Beach club has a great pool and easy boat access to both Epcot and DHS. In the MK area, the Poly has good monorail access to both the MK and Epcot and has a good pool. The CR has a good arcade and is walking distance to the MK and has boat access to FW for the attractions there. However, the pool is very simple and most people are not happy with the theming of the resort. Garden wing rooms can be a good value for a monorail resort, however. As PP said, either the WL or the AKL are lower priced deluxe resorts that have nice pools and good QS dining.

If you are looking at a moderate, the CSR has a great pool, but is undergoing construction at the moment. We stay away from construction areas, but some people don't seem to mind. I would take a look online at what the situation is for your dates regarding the construction before deciding to book there. Of the two Port Orleans resorts, POR has the better pool for a 10 year old and has a good food court, IMO. I would recommend booking a preferred room for convenience. The boat ride to DS is very nice and increases the dining options here. You are also welcome to share the amenities at POFQ when staying at POR - including the pool, which is unusual. The pool at POFQ is better suited to small kids, but your 10 year old may like the slide?

Budget will play a role in the decision, of course, but any of the above are great resorts.

If you have Starwood membership and AAA you may get a great rate at the Swan or Dolphin. They are not Disney owned but do come with some of the perks associated with staying in a WDW resort. The price can be very attractive for the location and quality of the rooms. The grotto pool is very nice as well and you also have the boat access to both Epcot and DHS.

Good luck choosing!

I will suggest Animal Kingdom Lodge. I took my youngest son there in April, and he was 10 at the time. He really enjoyed the pool, and I think the dining options are great--I think their quick service is one of the better ones on site. We stayed in a standard view room, but it was WAY down a long hall way on the Kudu trail and we still had animals outside our balcony constantly. Even at 2 am (we were there for a race so we had an early wake up call!) there was a huge giraffe sitting right there outside my room!

The stream of consciousness writing in the second part of your post is pretty darn funny to me. :rotfl:

Me and my little family have just booked our first cruise ahhh! So excited!! We went to disneyworld last month and stayed in All Star Music (which we thought was great) however this time looking a change and maybe something bit higher in the categories. My son will be 10 (going on 15 lol) when we are going and my OH doesn’t really care (or he doesn’t get a choice lol) , we are very into getting to parks at rope drop, leaving and going back to the hotel and then coming back in the evening. Can anyone recommend anywhere, good transportation, doesn’t have to be overly close to the parks but don’t want to share buses with other resorts, maybe a good arcade? We are more into quick services for food. So having the best tables services in the hotel doesn’t really matter to us. My son loves swimming, so that’s a factor, anyone recommend anywhere?

Thank you in advance.

Because of your bolded statement above, my mind immediately went to Poly or CR. We tour in a similar manner and very much enjoy both of these resorts and a large part of it is their location - especially Poly given the quick walk to the Epcot monorail. Something like BC would also fit that profile, but we tend to be MK-centric so the convenience of Poly and CR to MK really work for us.

Poly doesn’t have an arcade but is a quick monorail ride away from CR which has a pretty decent one.

While it can be a little crowded at times, I tend to really like Captain Cooks, which is the quick service food location at Poly. I also really enjoy the Oasis Bar/Grill at Poly, which has excellent food (IMHO) for a pool bar.

Have fun planning/deciding!

My favorite is POFQ, but my recommendation would be POR.

I think POR. To me, it sort of feels like a deluxe resort.

It does share bus service with POFQ during certain times of the year.

IMO, they have the best food court out of all the other resorts.

Nice swimming pools.

I think their bus service is as good/or as bad as any other resort. They also have boat service to Disney Springs.

Not sure if they have arcades or not.

I really think any of the moderate resorts you would like.

I figured that OH was for "Other Half" :)

Yea that is what I mean't lol, maybe its a UK thing i dunno, Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you everyone for your input. Maybe going to go for POR or Animal Kingdom lodge, but I'm still undecided, I want to stay in them all :rotfl2:

Here in Ohio... OH is always followed by IO... Go Buckeyes. :rotfl2:

Seriously, which Disney resort would I recommend?

ALL OF THEM!

Really it comes down to personal preference to theme and budget. I myself prefer Deluxe resorts and my favorite is the Wilderness Lodge followed by my home resort with DVC, Grand Floridian. I love the themes of these resorts and the locations of them both.

For a moderate resort I like the Port Orleans- French Quarter the best.
And while I have never stayed at a value resort, just from my touring them I did like Art of Animation. The rest were just not my style.

As for transportation they all have decent transportation. Some are better than others, and most do share with other resorts. I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor for you. You'll be happy regardless of where you stay.

We've loved Pop, Coronado (we had a car, but used buses as well with no complaints), All Star Sports (no shared buses while we were there Feb 2017), and are headed to Beach Club in Feb. I'm looking forward to walking in/out of EPCOT and catching the monorail to MK...so I completely get wanting to be closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!