What if I cancel

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
I have two rooms booked for October 2020 with 2020 points and an October use year. Of course, being Disney fans we really want to go but are nervous about the risks. Our group of 10 has 5 varying degrees of high risk people so undecided what to do.

When would I need to cancel by and what will happen to our points? Can we bank them?

I also have a reservation in October and have an October UY. I will cancel 30 days prior if I’m not comfortable traveling yet. I will probably re-book a later trip but I put a reminder in my calendar that I have to bank the points by May 31, 2021 if I don’t plan to use them before they expire on Sept 30, 2021.

I have two rooms booked for October 2020 with 2020 points and an October use year. Of course, being Disney fans we really want to go but are nervous about the risks. Our group of 10 has 5 varying degrees of high risk people so undecided what to do.

When would I need to cancel by and what will happen to our points? Can we bank them?

If you used 2020 points, you used them to book a 2020 UY vacation, as long as you cancel more than 30 days out your points will be returned to your 2020 UY and you will have until 5/31/21 to bank them.

I also have a reservation in October and have an October UY. I will cancel 30 days prior if I’m not comfortable traveling yet. I will probably re-book a later trip but I put a reminder in my calendar that I have to bank the points by May 31, 2021 if I don’t plan to use them before they expire on Sept 30, 2021.

Be sure to cancel at least 31 days in advance. Once you hit 30 days, your point will be put on holding.

I wish I had a crystal ball.... I'm right there with you. I have already cancelled 2 reservations (one in May and one in June) at the T-31 day point. I was worried that they would change the rules and I would then have points in holding. Looking back, I feel silly for holding out for so long.... After those cancellations I have 20 points that I must use by Sept 30th--the rest I will be able to bank.

Having gone through all that, my next reservation is in October. If I cancel those reservations I am starting to get into the points that can't be banked. And Gosh--if they went back to the normal 31 day cancellation policy it would be a real pain to book holding points with dwindling inventory. Decisions, decisions....

I have a reservation for June 25th with borrowed points. I'm not going but I'm afraid to cancel and not have the points put back. At this point they will not go into holding. Really unsure about what to do. I'm hoping they will cancel it but if not when will it be too late for me to do it?

I have a reservation for June 25th with borrowed points. I'm not going but I'm afraid to cancel and not have the points put back. At this point they will not go into holding. Really unsure about what to do. I'm hoping they will cancel it but if not when will it be too late for me to do it?

If you know you are not going, I would cancel Sooner rather than later as the policy to return borrowed points could be eliminated at any time,

I personally believe that one it’s announced that they will open, policies will change.

Thanks for the help.

Wish I knew if it would be ok for all of us to go...ugh...just don’t know.

We have an August trip booked using borrowed 2020 points (Sept UY). I'm going to call MS first thing Tuesday morning to cancel, I can't take all this back and forth any longer :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts