What is 7- or 11-month window calculated from?

Xalthon

Mouseketeer
Our offer has been accepted on a Poly contract (first time buyers), so we hopefully will be members in the next 2-3 months. :D

I understand the gist of the 7- and 11-month booking windows, but how does it work in reality? For instance, let's say I want to book a stay April 1-6, 2020. Does my entire stay need to fall within the 11-month window (assume booking at home resort), or does only the start date need to fall within the window?

If the former, I could book the entire trip starting on May 6, 2019, but if the latter, I could book the entire trip starting on May 1, 2019.

Thanks in advance!

Our offer has been accepted on a Poly contract (first time buyers), so we hopefully will be members in the next 2-3 months. :D

I understand the gist of the 7- and 11-month booking windows, but how does it work in reality? For instance, let's say I want to book a stay April 1-6, 2020. Does my entire stay need to fall within the 11-month window (assume booking at home resort), or does only the start date need to fall within the window?

If the former, I could book the entire trip starting on May 6, 2019, but if the latter, I could book the entire trip starting on May 1, 2019.

Thanks in advance!
It counts from check-in. So for April 1-6 you could book on May 1.

However, if your trip is longer than seven nights, you'd have to call back the next day to add the eighth night. You are limited to seven nights exactly at seven or eleven months out.

However, if your trip is longer than seven nights, you'd have to call back the next day to add the eighth night. You are limited to seven nights exactly at seven or eleven months out.

Interesting.... Thanks!

You can add the nights online as each day passes. Little need to call in anymore. :D

One little nuance that people just ran into is if the corresponding 7 or 11 month is shorter than the month you are booking then you need to wait until the 1st of the month. For example those who were looking to book for Jan 30th at the 11 month window that typically would be Feb 30th - but Feb doesn't have that many days. Then you had to wait until March 1st as did those looking to book a stay starting Jan 29th, the 30th, Jan 31st and Feb 1st. The phone waits used to get a little long on those dates but with online booking it's pretty easy now.

And if you are booking a stay longer than 7 nights you also can just wait the corresponding number of days before booking the reservation and do it all at once. So if you wanted to book 9 nights you could wait until you were 2 days into the booking window and then book all 9. Unless it's a very busy time for DVC such as the first 2 weeks of December you'll probably be fine doing that at PVB since it is mostly studios.

One little nuance that people just ran into is if the corresponding 7 or 11 month is shorter than the month you are booking then you need to wait until the 1st of the month. For example those who were looking to book for Jan 30th at the 11 month window that typically would be Feb 30th - but Feb doesn't have that many days. Then you had to wait until March 1st as did those looking to book a stay starting Jan 29th, the 30th, Jan 31st and Feb 1st. The phone waits used to get a little long on those dates but with online booking it's pretty easy now.

And if you are booking a stay longer than 7 nights you also can just wait the corresponding number of days before booking the reservation and do it all at once. So if you wanted to book 9 nights you could wait until you were 2 days into the booking window and then book all 9. Unless it's a very busy time for DVC such as the first 2 weeks of December you'll probably be fine doing that at PVB since it is mostly studios.
The same problem happens if you are trying to book or change a booking at seven months out at the end of Sept. No Feb 29, 30, so you have to wait for March 1 to be seven months out. I almost went through this on a reservation I currently have. But it used borrowed, current year and transferred points. So I just left it as it was. You cannot see transferred points on line unless they match the UY and resort exactly.

The 7/11 month window is calculated at check in for the 7/11 month that + 7 days. If you are staying longer than 7 days, you will need to log on or call daily to add another day until you reach the number of nights you want.

For future reference, FP+ Windows start at 7 AM EST and ADRs start at 6 AM EST. Which makes for some early.mornings for this of us on the west coast, really wish Disney would just make the Midnight eastern time.

For future reference, FP+ Windows start at 7 AM EST and ADRs start at 6 AM EST. Which makes for some early.mornings for this of us on the west coast, really wish Disney would just make the Midnight eastern time.
Then people would just be all upset because there wouldn't be anyone around to answer the phones when they had problems and needed help.

Then people would just be all upset because there wouldn't be anyone around to answer the phones when they had problems and needed help.
Disney could have people start at that time of night, no one says call centers can't be available 24/7 and in fact they really should be anyway.

Disney could have people start at that time of night, no one says call centers can't be available 24/7 and in fact they really should be anyway.
That would be an additional expense with little or no benefit to Disney, so I very much doubt it's even under consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!