What is Altered Paper clip swap?

I'm starting to think there are few wrong ways to do these things....as long as the effort is there. Wish I caught onto this swapping thing sooner - now I have to wait for more!

I know the sign-up is coming for the altered paperclip swap and I'm sure this question will be answered then but how many paperclips will we be making per person?

2 pp - they can be indentical or just coordinating.

I have a question for you all. How many people would you like to have in each group?

Also, since I work from home on Fridays - sign ups will be June 1st and because I will be in disney mid-June I will change the due date to June 28th.

I've been thinking...which always gets me in trouble. Trying different ideas. I'm having too much fun. Hey, crafting is a lot cheaper than therapy!

I mentioned at my LSS about the concerns with the paperclips. She said she sells painted paperclips and scrapbooking is what they are supposed to be used for. However, the plastic coated are different. So, apparently, plastic can be bad, but painted is ok.

Cool! Ok everyone since we are using the jumbo ones you can buy the gold ones at Staples and the silver ones at Walmart.

I know there's a week to go to signups but when you say jumbo at staples - you mean JUMBO right? I got a set of 10 at staples today ( was there for ink and must be ready when the swap starts:) ) and they are HUGE - about 2 inches or so if I had to guess?

Can't wait for this one - better get started on my new MK one so I can do two at a time!

I think you may have gotten the wrong ones since you are saying a pack of ten (those are usually Mega Clips) unless they really are only two inches.

regular paper clips are slightly over an inch in length
jumbo paper clips are two inches
mega clips are four inches

clips.jpg

I think you may have gotten the wrong ones since you are saying a pack of ten (those are usually Mega Clips) unless they really are only two inches.

regular paper clips are slightly over an inch in length
jumbo paper clips are two inches
mega clips are four inches

Hmm, I think I got the huge 4 inch ones and just have no sense of size - they're in my car and it's too late to get them but I think they are the 4 inch based on this picture.

So the jumbo ones are what are being used for the swap? The 2 inch ones? If I got the wrong ones they are neat anyway and I'll use them for something else:)

Thanks for the visual - that really helps!

Can't wait for this one to start!

The mega clips are what I call teacher clips. I use them to mark the pages of my gradebook and my lesson plan book.

A note for people working on this swap, once it starts that is. Think about which way you're holding your paperclip. A friend of mine just finished making hers for a swap and then realized that she had then "upsidedown" and now you couldn't clip them to anything. The small opening hole thing needs to be at the bottom for them to work right. That hadn't occurred to me until she called almost in tears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter