Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Sapphire Falls

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Endless Summer - Surfside / Dockside

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Disxuni

"Where's the fun without a bit of risk?"
Taking a poll of people's favorite resort. Not thinking about benefits, not thinking about prices, what is your favorite resort on Universal property and why?

We all make suggestions all the time based on our preferences and other's stay due to specific reasons, however usually we talk about the benefits, we take into consideration what kind of family we/they are, or how much we/they can afford. However, I'm curious about everyone's favorite resort just taking into consideration the place and the experience.

If not considering benefits, then for me it's Cabana Bay.

Love the theme, love the pools, the bowling alley, the gym etc.

If it had the benefit of Express pass it would always be my Universal Resort of choice.

HRH! It's our favorite hotel for sure!

The location is the best for us. 3min walk to US and a couple more to IOA. We love having this option to get to the parks to quickly with out needing a boat or bus.

We also like the vibe of the resort. There is a lot going on. The pool has games and great music. We like being where the action is.

The rooms are good, spacious enough for a family of 4. The bathroom layout is weird and the storage isn't fantastic in the bathroom.

Food options are really good here.

We stayed at PBH once. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are huge. It's a beautiful resort. It's just too far for us, walking wise. Took about 20min or so. Too long after a hot day. We had bad luck with the boats, so we use the pay with a tip rick-shaw. It's so quiet there, even in the middle of July, it was super quiet.

HRH! It's our favorite hotel for sure!

The location is the best for us. 3min walk to US and a couple more to IOA. We love having this option to get to the parks to quickly with out needing a boat or bus.

I'm always amused to see people walk out of Studios and get on the boat to Hard Rock. It couldn't be much farther to walk to the resort!

I'm always amused to see people walk out of Studios and get on the boat to Hard Rock. It couldn't be much farther to walk to the resort!

Ha! I agree, I think it would take longer to walk over to the boat and wait for one, then it would to walk to HRH.

I have a feeling it's either due to unknowing how quick it is, or for the journey. When we first did it we did it, because we were oblivious to how close it was (it was our first trip ever). After that we always walked, but once we did it just for the journey, because it happened to be there and I personally have always loved boat rides.

Have stayed at HRH, RPR, PBH and Cabana Bay in the family suite and Love Love Love Cabana Bay over all the others. Just wish they had an express pass option :(

I love RPR. I love Jakes. We're staying at PBR this trip (in 2 days!!). I'll let you know if my fav resort changes. I doubt it. We were tempted by the size o the rooms. One of these days we're going to have to try HRH. I'm guessing it will be our favorite when the kids are a little older. I don't like the theming at Contemporary at Disney but it's the only resort we've stayed at twice just because of the convenience. I would guess that HRH would be the same - once the kids are older.

Hard Rock.

Service, proximity to parks, pool, food, room size, music. Only other resort we've stayed at is Royal Pacific which we also love. We just prefer Hard Rock for all the reasons mentioned.

Royal Pacific! Such a lovely laid back atmosphere. On the 6th floor in tower 3 last trip and had an incredible view of the pool, canal, and park. Could see Dark Arts on Hogwarts Castle with binoculars. Lovely walk or easy boat jaunt to the parks.

Taking express pass out of the equation, I'm having a difficult time deciding between Royal Pacific and Sapphire Falls. Both have atmospheres that feel like a vacation far away from the real world. Both have multiple peaceful outdoor spaces. There are pros and cons to each pool. RP probably wins on food now that they've also opened a grab-and-go. We like Jake's.

Cabana Bay and Hard Rock didn't have the peaceful vacation vibe that I'm looking for.

If I ever see a good deal at Portofino, I would like to give it a chance. The atmosphere in the evening is lovely, but I've just not seen enough of the grounds and buildings to compare it to RP and SF.

When we tried Sapphire Falls, room was facing park which meant also facing busy road. Got loud early in the mornings.

If I'm not including express pass in my decision, I love Aventura. I like that there isn't really long hallways to walk to the room. I feel unsafe walking through long hotel hallways alone, inside or outside. I like the iPad feature as well. After a long park day and my feet are hurting, it's nice to use the iPad to change the lights or air conditioning. However I haven't stayed at Portofino or Sapphire Falls yet.

Cabana Bay. Fun without being childish. Lazy river, bowling alley and Starbucks. Happy, Happy.

The Royal Pacific is our resort of choice when coming to Universal. It's theming is excellent and you have an actual feel of being in a tropical hotel. Because we always stay on the club level the exclusivity of the tower 3, 7th floor is attractive for us.
Portofino Bay is a close 2nd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!