What is not to be missed?! Adults only (DH and I)..Clubs, activities, etc. 1st trip without family i

nswift

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the
Can't do everything and have been working so many hours that I have not had the usual amt of time to do any research. What activities are fun, what bars are the best? Your traditions on the cruise? Any ideas, suggestions are welcome!

The walking tours of the ship can be fun and informative. The evening shows in the adult lounge are often very funny, especially if there is a good club host. Mixology and other tastings, if you drink alcohol.

Try to go to the first show of Match your Mate ( if your cruise offers two which is common on longer sailings). It's held late at night, around 11:00pm in an adult only venue. It's a twist on the newly wed game except they use just married, married a while, and married a long time groups. The first night people volunteer and they don't seem to know what their in for. The answers can be hilarious. You never know what you'll get. But it's a must hit on our list.

The Rainforest room is also a nice place to relax if you haven't made it there before. Saunas steam rooms and heated chairs. You can pre-order a 1 day pass in the gifts and amenities section by calling or faxing (do people still fax?).

Don't miss buying either a placeholder for your next cruise or booking another outright. The placeholder is $250 and is good for 2 years. Even if you don't think you'll go, buy it anyway, as a refundable insurance policy. If you don't go in 2 years, DCL gives you your money back. If you do, you get 10% off the fare and some OBB from DCL. Win/Win.

Great suggestions so far! Thank you.
-Will def go to the Match your Mate. We have been married 32 years in July.
-Mixology sounds fun.
-Will check out the rainforest room.
-planning on the place holder!

Check the Navigator newsletter the night before for next day's activities and select what you want to do...don't overplan, let the cruise come to you. Take wine!!

Agree on the adult shows in the nightclubs, especially the game shows. If you have a great club host these are so much fun, and they do a great job of getting everyone involved.

On the longer cruises oftentimes the headlining entertainers will sometimes do an adults-exclusive show in the "main" nightclub. These are usually quite different in content than the family shows and much more intimate due to the smaller space as opposed to the huge Walt Disney Theater.

We went to several of the trivia games during the day held in various places around the ship. My wife and I are trivia hounds so we really enjoyed these.

Which Ship???

Cabanas for b'fast on the last morning.
Order coffee from room service the last night before midnight. It will still be hot-ish in the morning. You can also order b'fast items before midnight the last night.
Palo dinner for the last evening. I feel that it is less hectic and more relaxing.
Serenity Bay if going to Castaway Cay.
The adult areas on the ship. Bring a small book / magazine / music to relax in the loungers in the adult only sections.
If you like solving mysteries, MIdship Detective Agency on the Dream class ships
Cooking classes
Chocolate and liquor tasting....awesome. Several wines and 1 high dollar Scotch along w/ different chocolates and cheeses. Mmmmmm.

Don't miss buying either a placeholder for your next cruise or booking another outright. The placeholder is $250 and is good for 2 years. Even if you don't think you'll go, buy it anyway, as a refundable insurance policy. If you don't go in 2 years, DCL gives you your money back. If you do, you get 10% off the fare and some OBB from DCL. Win/Win.

Thank you for the clear and understandable explanation of a placeholder. I have been on these boards for 7 years and would see someone Mention a placeholder, but I didn’t know exactly what that meant. DH and I will be on a cruise this October, now I’m definitely going to put a placeholder on. I usually just booked my next cruise sometime after I leave the cruise, usually a few months later.

Thank you for the clear and understandable explanation of a placeholder. I have been on these boards for 7 years and would see someone Mention a placeholder, but I didn’t know exactly what that meant. DH and I will be on a cruise this October, now I’m definitely going to put a placeholder on. I usually just booked my next cruise sometime after I leave the cruise, usually a few months later.
Me too! We are going in July but I'm looking at a Carnival cruise for 2019...I will get a placeholder in July in case we can use it in 2020, and if not, get the $ back!

Magic Quest, Wonder Quest are both awesome...they are fun scavenger hunt-type events but you don't have to leave the area...don't know if they are on all four ships

Magic Quest, Wonder Quest are both awesome...they are fun scavenger hunt-type events but you don't have to leave the area...don't know if they are on all four ships

They do have this activity in all four ships - Fantasy Quest and Dream Quest

What is the Dream Quest? This will be our 5th cruise and I have never heard about it. Details, please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter