What is still hard to find?

Yeast. The stores in my area have been out for a couple of months.

I finally managed to get yeast online from Sam’s. It was a minimum 2 order, and they already come as a pack of 2 (one pound each, so four pounds total). I just bought myself a lifetime supply of yeast! :laughing:

I finally managed to get yeast online from Sam’s. It was a minimum 2 order, and they already come as a pack of 2 (one pound each, so four pounds total). I just bought myself a lifetime supply of yeast! :laughing:

Put it in your freezer. It will keep for years that way. You don't need to warm it up before you use it. Just add it to your recipe as you normally would.

There has been plenty of whole chicken, boneless breasts, legs, thighs, but not a chicken wing in site in any of the 4 stores we have to shop at. Beef has been in short supply at 2 of the stores, plenty at the other 2. Makes no sense to me

I was able to get Lysol spray on the Walmart website this afternoon. And a 2 pack at that. Can’t find it anywhere here still. I don’t use it, but my niece with little kids does, so I’ll be sending it to her.

There were bags of chicken breasts in 5 and 10 lbs at Walmart today. Also plenty of pork items. All they had in beef was 2 roasts that were 6.96/lb, 3 corned beef packages that were 3.96/lb and a few trays of ground beef at different mixes.

I never really "got" the reason for the yeast shortage until DS, in NYC, explained it. No yeast to be found in NYC. All the dancers, singers, musicians (including him), etc., can't exactly work from home, so all DS's friends are spending their time baking bread (and cooking in general). Fortunately we just found yeast and sent him some.
Our HEBs in our part of Texas still have limits on lots of groceries, which is probably the biggest reason why we don't have shortages too much.

I have not looked for Lysol wipes or hand sanitizer - still have some - we did not go out much.

We still have a hard time finding flour and whole wheat/whole wheat blend pancake mix.

We do finally have TP and yeast :)

Yeast still can’t be found in our grocery stores, plus now I’ve noticed baking powder seems hard to find. Thank God I bought some not too long ago.

Just back from Costco. They only things on their "not in stock" board, were the usual.......hand sanitizer (but they did have some off brand one, large bottle for $10), bleach, alcohol, Lysol, Clorox (but they did have their brand disinfecting wipes). Meat was well stocked.

I was doing the happy dance yesterday. My Sister in Law and Niece had to go to Morgantown WV yesterday for a Drs appt, and they stopped at the Kroger there. She found Lysol AND Clorox wipes, a full shelf. They were a limit of 3 so she got 2 for them and one for me. Pretty silly to be excited about getting a new conatiner of disinfecting wipes, lol!

Walmart had a 3 pack of Clorox wipes last time I went. Large size for $10
Our Kroger store (Fry's ) has had them for a while, but $5 for one.
I got the Kirkland brand ones today at Costco. 4 packs for $10.....I know, exciting

My grocery store still did not have any Clorox/Lysol/whatever wipes last time I was there, but they did have hand sanitizer, so I got some of that. I may have to go someplace else next week.

I'm randomly checking on amazon, though, hoping to hit a "right after they come in stock" bubble.

I was doing the happy dance yesterday. My Sister in Law and Niece had to go to Morgantown WV yesterday for a Drs appt, and they stopped at the Kroger there. She found Lysol AND Clorox wipes, a full shelf. They were a limit of 3 so she got 2 for them and one for me. Pretty silly to be excited about getting a new conatiner of disinfecting wipes, lol!
My hometown. :goodvibes

I got lucky and finally was able to get yeast! I knew if I kept putting it on my grocery order it would finally show up!

Wipes are still incredibly hard to find in my area. I was lucky a week ago and got a 5 pack from Costco.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts