What is the best park back pack?

My favorite is the cheap little backpack I got as an add-on purchase at WDW in 2015. But it really depends what you want to carry in it--if you're going to pack water bottles (or anything else heavy) you'll want a padded bag that holds its shape. But I only use it for a light jacket, empty resort mug, that kind of thing. I like the small bag partly because it discourages me from packing a lot of stuff I don't really need and making it heavy.

Last edited:
My favorite is the cheap little backpack I got as an add-on purchase at WDW in 2015. But it really depends what you want to carry in it--if you're going to pack water bottles (or anything else heavy) you'll want a padded bag that holds its shape. But I only use it for a light jacket, empty resort mug, that kind of thing. I like the small bag partly because it discourages me from packing a lot of stuff I don't really need and making it heavy.
A word of warning re that. I got the add on backpack at WDW in 2017, and it was fine, BUT, I live in Wales, it rains, that bag is entirely NOT waterproof in any way, and I have arrived home with a backpack full of water...

A word of warning re that. I got the add on backpack at WDW in 2017, and it was fine, BUT, I live in Wales, it rains, that bag is entirely NOT waterproof in any way, and I have arrived home with a backpack full of water...
Well, and to be fair another word of warning--I have to repair mine because one of the seams at the bottom of the bag opened up. So...when I say it's a "cheap" backpack I mean it. I just like it because it's small and cute; I have low expectations for it.

Mine is not a particular brand but is more of a configuration. I want a 2 shoulder backpack purse (not large). I want one larger compartment for a rolled up garment, snacks, sunscreen, hairbrush, charging cords, batteries, ponchos, etc. and I want a a few zipper area or small pouches for organization for keys, $$, lip balm, aspirin, etc that I don't want to have to dig for.

Last edited:
I can't remember who made mine, but, I have a new one for next trip. It has a special outlet so I can put my charging block in it, and run the cable through the integrated USB port (my phone has a dodgy battery life - iPhones, what can you do) and it has pockets for everything. Also, it opens to 180degrees, which is handier than you may think.

Can you bring your backpack on every ride?

Yes! Either it rides with you or like Soarin' if its too large to fit under your seat, it'll go on the floor while you're in the air. Kali has the option to go with you or you place in a free locker before getting in line, to stay dry.

In 2021, I think we are going to try bagless. We usually didn't carry much in the bag anyway. We do not carry around water bottles (there is plenty of water available around the parks for free). We take afternoon resort breaks to swim and relax a bit before returning to the parks aso we can apply sunscreen in the morning and again before we hit the parks again after our break. I'll carry a few bandaids and maybe a rain poncho in my back pocket.

I recommend a day pack for hiking and one with minimal pockets as security has to open each compartment during their search. I used my Osprey Daylite pack on our last trip and it worked great. Two side mesh pockets for water bottles main compartment to hold my rain coat, sun screen and any souvenirs. Small top pocket for a few snack bars. With it being so small, plus the thin fabric, it made fitting it onto all rides very easy. Also as a PSA please remember to unzip your bag before reaching security it makes the process go much faster. Having just the two compartments, and being open made my searches go by quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!