What is the boat transportation from the Dolphin to MGM like?

Winston112

Mouseketeer
Just wondering what the boat transportation is like from the Dolphin to MGM and Epcot and from PO to DD. Is it relaxing or nerve-racking? Is it better to walk or take a bus? Does it feel safe? We will be traveling with a 4yo and none of us are swimmers. Sorry for so many questions.

It's very relaxing and nice. We stayed at the YC and although we could walk to Epcot-we always took the boat. Our 4 year old wouldn't have it any other way! (Although I'm sure if we told her we were walking she'd enjoy that too.) The ride is relaxing-large boats-not sure how many they seat. You can get about 4 people in a seat if I remember correctly and it just depends on the time of day you're taking the boat. We went in off season and never had any problems getting a seat. It was crowded coming back after illuminations. There is also a long seat outside across the back of the boat. We sat out there a few times-it depended on how cold it was. There is also space in the back to put strollers and if that's full they'll put them up front too.

The boats go from Epcot to BW to YC to Swan/Dolphin to MGM and then reverse for coming back. Hope that helps. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Oh-and there is only boat transportation to MGM and Epcot from the Swan/Dolphin. You aren't given the choice of boat or bus. It's bus to MK and AK. I think I answered all of your questions now.

There is now a walkway from the Boardwalk to MGM -- about a mile, a nice walk along the water. From the Swan/Dolphin, it is a bit further of course. But when the boats have a huge line, the walk is a nice way to come home -- and even though the walk is slower, when the boat lines leaving MGM are huge, you will probably be back to your room half an hour earlier by walking.

I love the boat ride from PO to DD! It is a very nice, very relaxing ride down the Sassagoula River. The trip takes you past the DI, lots and lots of tress, and a golf course. The boats there are a bit smaller than those in the Epcot resorts area, and are open air. There is a canopy on top to keep the sun off, but you can't go inside like you can on the Epcot boats. They very strictly limit the number of people on these boats, so overcrowding is never a concern and you always have a seat.

loved the chance to relax and enjoy the scenery........it was always there when we were to tired to go to the bus stop coming back too.......hope this helps.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter