What is the drawer space like at VGF studio?

Mflaherty

Mouseketeer
It's me, hubby and two small children(2and4). Where would I put our clothes? A one bedroom is soo many points. Not sure if that's the route I want to go. The studio looks lovely and decent sized. Any advice?

One of them, under the bed, has limited opening due to the proximity to the nightstand. I'm not talking from experience, yet, just what I read and saw in pictures. When I finally get my first reservation there, maybe they'll have this design error fixed.

It's me, hubby and two small children(2and4). Where would I put our clothes? A one bedroom is soo many points. Not sure if that's the route I want to go. The studio looks lovely and decent sized. Any advice?

There really isn't much usable drawer space in the VGF studios (quite possibly the most frustrating aspect of an otherwise nicely designed villa). So I decided to order one of these to throw in our Owner's Locker for our VGF stays. It will give us extra space to put folded clothes.

Our family of 3 stayed in a VGF studio for 4 nights in December. We had 3 (21") rolling-luggage suitcases (carry-on size). I always like to keep our luggage stowed away. The working (under-bed) drawer is large and was perfect for unpacking my suitcase (yes... the other drawer is not usable). There is a deep, large storage spot under the bed (with a sliding door). I stored my suitcase in the back and kept my sons toward the front so it was easy to access (like a drawer). Lastly, we kept my husband suitcase in the entry area on the luggage rack.

The closet also has a good amount of space for shoes and hanging clothes, jackets and drying swimsuits.

Everything was out of the way and very tidy.

We haven't stayed for a long enough time to really unpack yet but I found the 1 useable drawer to be a good size for 3-4 days of clothes for my husband and I. We actually just used our suitcase on the luggage stand at the doorway of the room but if we had a stroller to put there I don't know where we would have put it. I can't imagine sleeping 5 people in there for much time with the limited drawer space and other storage space seems limited as well. It is a great design except for no space to put much of anything.

This was all such great info. Much appreciated. Missy rose, I was wondering if that is something I could put in a suitcase? I don't have owners locker. Is it too bulky? And did you find the studio a nice size? Would I be tight with my husband and a 2 and 4 year old?

There really isn't much usable drawer space in the VGF studios (quite possibly the most frustrating aspect of an otherwise nicely designed villa). So I decided to order one of these to throw in our Owner's Locker for our VGF stays. It will give us extra space to put folded clothes.
brilliant!!! I have a few of those that are unused right now...*packing*

and OP, it would be easy to pack, they collapse down flat. You could bring it each time.

This was all such great info. Much appreciated. Missy rose, I was wondering if that is something I could put in a suitcase? I don't have owners locker. Is it too bulky? And did you find the studio a nice size? Would I be tight with my husband and a 2 and 4 year old?

brilliant!!! I have a few of those that are unused right now...*packing*

and OP, it would be easy to pack, they collapse down flat. You could bring it each time.

We haven't stayed there yet (August can't come soon enough) but we did get to tour the villas when were at Disney in October (the actual villas, not the models) and the studios seemed to be a good size. I think you'll be fine with your family in there.

And yes, as Twin mentioned, the hanging storage collapses completely flat and is perfect to throw in a suitcase.

We must be one of the very few that used the 2nd drawer - we used it for dirty clothes storage, so it didn't matter that we couldn't get into it real well, just needed to be able to scoop them out when packing to leave.

DD also used the nightstand for some things. We just took the Bible out of the drawer, and I think she kept something in the bottom open party too.

I guess you could buy that closet organizer at Walmart and bring it with you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter