• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the Flying Unicorn? Also Spiderman question.

Beauty

DIS Veteran
Can someone help. We just today decided to go to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure while on our vacation in September. I just heard about the Flying Unicorn...What exactly is it??? I'm not much of a coaster person and you will definatly not see me on Hulk or Dueling Dragons. Could this be okay?

What about Spiderman and motion sickness???

Flying Unicorn is a Kids Coaster - Adults can go on it. My 6 year old niece loved it last year. If you have motion sickness. Spidey
can get to you. Cant help you there I'm a die hard Coaster fan.:pinkbounc

Spiderman does throw you about a bit so it might make you a bit ill but IMHO you've just gotta give it a go at least once!
My DW gets terrible motion sickness but she's heard me going on about this ride so much that she is determined to try it this year!
She'll do it late on in the day so that if she gets a bit sick she can head back to the hotel and have a lie down.
This is the BEST ride ANYWHERE, give it a go! :D

Spiderman is a MUST DO! If it starts to get to you just shut your eyes. It's the effects that might make you feel queesy.

You HAVE to go on Spiderman! It's awesome!! The one that will really give you motion sickness is Back to the Future. DH and I sat in the back and we kept whacking our heads on the car, it jerks you around so much.

Really i have never seen anyone get sick on spiderman. Heck even if you do the ride is worth it!

The Flying Unicorn is a bit more intense than "most" kiddie coasters, but, if you can handle the coasters at the Magic Kingdom, you can definately do the Flying Unicorn.

If you tend to get motion sickness, try using some of the motion sickness medicine. I keep reading that there are some out now that do not cause the drowsiness that Dramamine does. :D I also hear that eating Ginger Snaps is good too.

Spider-Man is an incredible ride. You won't want to miss it. (Back to the Future and the Hanna Barbera ride are rougher!)

Originally posted by fboy9287
Really i have never seen anyone get sick on spiderman. Heck even if you do the ride is worth it!

You'll never believe this but the last two times I've visited the park and have gotten on Spidey someone in the car before us has thrown up leaving a nice little mess in the train, and causing a delay while they take it off the circuit. I really am curious to how you could be that prone to motion sickness, it's no worse than driving on a bumpy road.

Beauty,
I tend to get motion sickness & don't like being tossed around on rides, however I did Spidey & loved it! I don't do coasters at all. If you do BTTF & get the back seat, just lean forward so you don't hit your head. Definitely try Spidey. It's great. :bounce: :bounce:

Spiderman and BTTF do not bother me but I get very sick on the simulator rides at WDW and even some coasters. Spiderman is a great ride. We ran inot some friends while at IOA and tlaked them into going on with us. They aren't into thrill rides but loved it.

Our 7-yr old LOVED this roller coaster. We were there July 4 and rode it 5 or 6 times. There was never a wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter