• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

what is the most annoying thing on a flight

Wow, am I glad I'm flying indirect now!

Hopefully Detroit isn't too much of a child friendly destination!

Urgh, I'd forgotten all these horrible long haul traumas.

Hate to break it to you, but families still travel indirect, and there's just the same problems on indirect flights.

teenagers who think it is funny to switch the light on abouvr you after you ave switcvhed ot off to get a sleep. this happened to me for nearly haf an hour i thought it was me or that the light was faulty untill i saw the hand sneak through abovr my head to switch it on. i grab the hand and squeezed it until the owner let out a yell.(yes i know it was a rotten thing to do). the kid got his parent who proceeded to ahve a go at me so i called the stewardess over and read the riot act as i didn't kow who this hand belonged to and more to the point what it was going to do to me. turns out his parents had left him to sit there and moved 4 rows forward to get away from him as he was a right little g*t

teenagers who think it is funny to switch the light on abouvr you after you ave switcvhed ot off to get a sleep. this happened to me for nearly haf an hour i thought it was me or that the light was faulty untill i saw the hand sneak through abovr my head to switch it on. i grab the hand and squeezed it until the owner let out a yell.(yes i know it was a rotten thing to do). the kid got his parent who proceeded to ahve a go at me so i called the stewardess over and read the riot act as i didn't kow who this hand belonged to and more to the point what it was going to do to me. turns out his parents had left him to sit there and moved 4 rows forward to get away from him as he was a right little g*t

And that was a teenager! :eek:

No need for adult only flights BUT anyone, adult, teen or child who causes a disturbance should immediately be thrown off the flight.... parachute optional

Now I bet behaviour would improve :mad:

The main reason we want to upgrade to PE this time is last time I felt awful having to ask the gent in the aisle seat to let us out, much rather just have the 2 of us sat there.

What worries me is I've noticed that even if I pay for PE I may be sat downstairs in a 4 and still next to people.

Hi,
my peeve was last year we (2 adults, 2 kids) were sat as a 2 and 2 - divide and conquer works best with our 2 girls nearly the same age- they were exceptionally well behaved (see - there are some you know!)-their first flight, so excited about it, Nintendo DS, colouring/reading books etc etc etc.....
But of course the LAST family at check in got split up - luckily, we had a really lovely young lady next to us - she was impeccably behaved and chatted nicely, but we found out she was 12 years old, and her parents were 15 rows behind with her 9 yr old brother

This of course made me feel really responsible for her - what if there had been a problem requiring getting off the plane?? Surely the parents should have split, not expect their child to have to tag onto another family???? Was flattered of course that we obviously looked "nice" enough - but as a worrier, it did me no favours to have an extra one to worry about!

Tessa

Hi,
my peeve was last year we (2 adults, 2 kids) were sat as a 2 and 2 - divide and conquer works best with our 2 girls nearly the same age- they were exceptionally well behaved (see - there are some you know!)-their first flight, so excited about it, Nintendo DS, colouring/reading books etc etc etc.....
But of course the LAST family at check in got split up - luckily, we had a really lovely young lady next to us - she was impeccably behaved and chatted nicely, but we found out she was 12 years old, and her parents were 15 rows behind with her 9 yr old brother

This of course made me feel really responsible for her - what if there had been a problem requiring getting off the plane?? Surely the parents should have split, not expect their child to have to tag onto another family???? Was flattered of course that we obviously looked "nice" enough - but as a worrier, it did me no favours to have an extra one to worry about!

Tessa

That is awful. Surely one of the parents should have sat with you and the two kids with the other parent? They could have taken it in turns. Like you said, what would have happened in an emergency? Also, it's a good job she wasn't badly behaved or a nervous/nauseous passenger!

My most annoying thing used to be people invading personal space, or kicking chairs, but last night I experienced both in one.

This teenage girl behind me apparently couldn't sit with her feet on the floor - she was repeatedly kicking my chair and, worse still, her feet repeatedly appeared on the arm rest between me and DH! :scared1: This is bad enough for anyone, but I have a real problem with the feet of strangers so I felt quite traumatised, lol!

Seat reclining is one! I know yes you've paid for the seat and what comes with it,but surely out of respect for the one's behind you put it back up when eating etc..I find it annoying too when the seats reclined and the person is then pushing it even further back..It doesn't go into lying position :rolleyes1

Some idiot who decides they are higher than everyone and decide to test out the smoke alarms onboard in the toilets :mad: Yes it happened coming home in July..he then insisted he "wasn't smoking" even though they know he was..

Ohhhhhhh and duty free! how come they start from the back working their way to the front by the time they get to you there is nothing left..I ended up paying £8 for some celebrations to keep the children happy ..Yes I'm crazy but at the time..and after the horrid meal they was worth every penny :rotfl:

On the whole the flights are ok. The noise of the engines cover any noise from other travellers.

It bugs me when waiting for our cases at the carousels that the whole family including their trolley have to all wait together, hogging metres of space, why not just one member wait at the carousel, so we can all get in.

We always sit towards the back of the plane, it always shocks me at just how much rubbish many people leave on their seats and on the floor - animals.

For the record - i would never put my seat back down and don't like it when it happens to me, particually as i am a large lady and need all the space i can when getting out to the loo - so if i accidently without thinking grab hold of your seat - it might just be that you have invaded my space!!!!!

2 serious pet peeves.

At the luggage carousel when everyone stands right next to the belt so no one can actually see their luggage coming. If everyone stood 2 feet back behind the line everyone could see and just move forward when their suitcase appeared. I constantly embarrass my husband by commenting on this very loudly!!!

Disruptive children or more to the point their parents who think it is OK for their children to annoy everyone else. I have had it all: sitting upstairs in PE in the front with a 2 year old who was allowed to run and shout up and down the aisle all flight while having to explain in a loud voice to my then 2 year old why she couldn't do the same.
On the way back from Melbourne recently the people in front of me strapped their 18 month old into her seat, put their eye shades on and essentially ignored her for 12 hours. Needless to say the poor child got a bit bored and verbalised this fact reguarly. They would look over once in a while to ask her to be quiet.

To outrun all of them I returned from New York yesterday. On the flight over we had the family from **** (in upper class I might add), useless Dad, wishy washy Mum and 2 boys about 2 and 4. Mum thought it was OK for her children to make as much noise as they wanted including constantly taking clothes off and on and climbing and jumping over the suite partitions. She even gave them noise making toys so we constantly heard woody and buzzlightyear and their (not so cute after a few hours) sayings.
I put up with it for about 5 hours but then I complained and they told them off. Mum then turned into really stressed out can't cope mum. Almost felt a little sorry for her but actually that was short lived.
Some people need to realise that you need to actually do a bit of looking after and planning for your children on flights. I haven't watched a film in 3.5 years on a flight but my dd doesn't disturb anyone!

I have had it all: sitting upstairs in PE in the front with a 2 year old who was allowed to run and shout

.... Mum thought it was OK for her children to make as much noise as they wanted

....I haven't watched a film in 3.5 years on a flight but my dd doesn't disturb anyone!

That's why my wife & I bought a pair of Bose noise reduction headphones each. They even have adaptors to fit most aircraft sound systems, ipods or just use them to block out the noise and sleep.

Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter