What is the weather like the beginning of December?

Tinkerbelle'sMOM

Mouseketeer
We are going the beginning of December...just wondering what we will need in terms of clothing :flower: I'm sure it won't be like a nice northern December :rotfl2: Thanks!

You never know! LAst year we were there and it was raining the whole time. The 2nd week of Dec, it was 80 degrees. Back in 2003 we were there at the beginning of December and it was in the 70's and we swam. I say be prepared for 70-80 degree weather and also rain!

If I recall correctly....we wore shorts out Christmas morning to ride our new bikes ;) You just never know around here.

I would bring a little of everything! Our first day last December (the 8th I believe) it was rainey and cold. Day two was warmer but we still wore jackets. Day three was quite toasty and we left the parks early and swam! My 80 year old stepdad had not brought his swimsuit because hey, it was December! So I offered to buy one for him in DTD (he rode the monorail back to the DLH with my mom) and he could reimburse me. Well it was like $75 to buy a suit! I knew with him being a child of the depression he would never pay that much so I lied and told him it was only $20! He wore that suit recently and said what nice suit it was for only $20. Bring your jackets, jeans, shorts and a swimsuit and be prepared to change your seasonal wear daily!

I've gone a couple of times during the two weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas Vacation, it is my favorite time to go because the crowds are sparse and the Christmas Decorations are magnificent! CA weather is pretty unpredictable during the winter. But my experience is that the rainy season really doesn't kick into full gear until Jan. and Dec. is actually pretty nice. Since the DLH's pool is heated I am usually swimming during that time. I always bring ponchos just in case because if it does start raining many of the locals head for the gate and the park becomes really empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter