What Is Your Disney Packing List

Je-Ree Olenik

Wish Upon A Star
My trip isn't until August but its never too early to plan right? I mean I already have my dining reservations!

We are driving this trip... What is your go to packing list when traveling to Disney?

My trip isn't until August but its never too early to plan right? I mean I already have my dining reservations!

We are driving this trip... What is your go to packing list when traveling to Disney?
Mine really depends on time of year so for you going in August I would have lots of tank tops and airy clothing that won't get bogged down when wet (from sweat). I always pack comfy shorts, sandals for the pool, and lots of socks.

Things we bring that aren't clothes: ziploc bags for phones, anti-chafe, clothes pins to pin the curtains in the room, sunscreen, lotion, lots of granola bars (we eat breakfast on the go or in the room), water bottles, drawstring bags to take into the park, headphones so we can listen to fan noise on our phones at night. I'm sure there are other things, but those are the main ones I can think of right now.

We drove in September and overpacked a bit but there were a few things that I was very glad we had ( our trip was 11 nights / 12 days ) :
  • A case of water we purchased prior to leaving. This came in really handy because it was quite warm out waiting for the bus.
  • 6 park of Dr. Pepper bottles ( hubby is a fan and you can't get it onsite )
  • A cooler for the above. It came in handy one day when we had left overs from our overnight that we wanted to take with us.
  • An extra garbage bag ( we used it for our dirty laundry - made more room for souvenirs. )
  • Ziploc sandwich bags for the phones and camera ( water rides, rain )

Most all of this can be purchased at Disney but at a higher price.

This is my list if all 5 of us are going-

Clothes- lightweight, breathable, and preferably quick-drying because August is humid and it is sweaty for sure. I plan what we’ll need by day (if it’s all 5 of us and we’re going for a week I do a load of laundry so I pack for half a week and then wash it), and then add extra socks/ underwear. 1-2 bathing suits, and pajamas.

Shoes- same requirements, at least 2 pairs per person so we can alternate each day, plus flip flops for the pool.

Diapers/ wipes/ diaper cream for 2 yo.

Camera and accessories (I’m a photographer and travel with 1 DSLR camera and anywhere from 1-3 lenses depending on what our plans are), and a waterproof point-and-shoot (it’s the size of a deck of cards so at that point I might as well take it).

Autograph supplies (usually 1 set of sharpies and some spiral bound index cards)

Toiletries/ first aid- deodorant, sunscreen, toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine supplies if needed, contact lenses and solution, shaver, gold bond powder (DS 11 chafes otherwise), ibuprofen, a few band-aids, blister band-aids, lip gloss, mascara, hair ties, and a little baby wash for 2 yo (he has eczema- I just use what’s already there for the rest of us)

Cheap throwaway rain ponchos

Mouse ears/ hats

Sunglasses

Wallet/ ID/ credit card/ cash

Magic Bands

Clothes pins (pin the curtains closed if needed or good to hang up wet clothing/ swim suits)

Kindle for the plane/ by the pool

Phone

Chargers for electronics

Refillable water bottles (I drink almost a gallon of water a day or more so small bottles won’t cut it).

If I’m placing a grocery order I order these items, otherwise I pack them from home- granola bars, fruit squeeze pouches, ziplock bags, packages of nuts, beef jerky for DH, whatever other portable snacks we might want

Stroller fan (we don’t take a mid-day break so I need 2 yo to nap in the stroller and if I blow a fan at him he’s out like a light- worth every penny and the space in my luggage!)

I totally forgot to put power banks. We have two giant ones we take and bring with us into the parks. They can charge 2 usb items at a time and ours stay charged for days.

Everyone else has posted some comprehensive lists so I’ll just do a few of items I didn’t see but I take - extension cord and / or power strip (I actually take an extension cord with me on all trip, it gives me extra outlets to charge all my electronics, etc.)

pop up laundry hamper, these are so useful in hotel rooms with the kids, DD knows where to put her clothes at the end of the day, I have one location where the laundry goes

Foldable hangers, and an over the door rack or valet for that days clothing so I can get it all organized

Much of the above plus an assortment of over the counter medicines - ibuprofin, benadryl, dayquil. Someone always seems to get a bug. I also bring my echo dot for music and noise machine. And a small rug for the bathroom - the towel things they supply are too thin. We just use a $4 Ikea rug. Oh and some non-perishable food in the suitcase (tea, crackers, cereal, etc.)

Finally, I always bring a sweatshirt. Even on the hottest days I seem to get cold in the room, and in the spring a cold night can surprise you

Much of the above plus an assortment of over the counter medicines - ibuprofin, benadryl, dayquil. Someone always seems to get a bug. I also bring my echo dot for music and noise machine. And a small rug for the bathroom - the towel things they supply are too thin. We just use a $4 Ikea rug. Oh and some non-perishable food in the suitcase (tea, crackers, cereal, etc.)

Finally, I always bring a sweatshirt. Even on the hottest days I seem to get cold in the room, and in the spring a cold night can surprise you

The echo dot is something I had not considered... I believe I’ll be adding this to my packing list! :thanks:

I hope it's okay to post this link here, but I LOVE this packing list.

https://wdwprepschool.com/the-ultimate-disney-world-packing-list/

It's a big list, and obviously you won't bring everything on it, but it's a good way to start, and you can trim off and add things as you go.

I was just going to post this as well. You can download the list and modify it to fit your needs. It has enough things listed that it really helps you to not forget something that is important to you.

Depends on if you have kids, but I try to remember glow sticks and other items to light up the night in the parks. Some generic things you can get cheap at Walmart, even if just to supplement Disney-specific items. They're so expensive inside the parks!

Oh, and two more things I always bring. Liquid hand soap for the bathroom (I hate soggy soap bars) and a roll of paper towels infused with dish detergent, to wash our mugs.

I like to carry Clorox wipes (in the small travel packs sold in the travel/sample aisle at Target), they are good for sanitizing the armrests/tray tables on the plane as well as wiping down quick service tables if CM's haven't had a chance to come through in a while. Between that and hand sanitizer I'm fairly confident what happened to my brother's family on one of their trips won't happen to us (they all got stomach flu and spent 3/4 of the trip in their hotel room being sick - it was so bad they took another trip back to WDW only six months later as a do-over!). I'm not normally a germ-a-phobe but while on vacation? Yeah.

Since I have a backpack anyway I also carry Advil, motion sickness pills, gas relief/Pepto/Imodium pills, plus a few Band Aids and Neosporin wipes. I know each park has First Aid but it's nice to be able to handle small issues on the fly (or if you need Imodium, as fast as possible!) rather than having to stop touring to get something taken care of.

- Toiletries
- MakeUp Setting Spray
- Oil Absorbing Sheets
- Contacts
- Shaver
- Hairbrush
- Toothbrush
- Makeup
- Sandals
- Swimsuit Coverup
- Swimsuit
- Plastic Bags (Trash & Ziploc)
- Postcard Stamps & Pen
- Mousekeeping Envelopes
- Cash For Tips Where Applicable
- Kiddo's Tumbler
- Cooling Stickers
- Daily Surprises For Kiddo
- Smores Kit
- PrintOut Of ADRs, Fast Passes, Touring Plan
- Magical Express Luggage Tags
- Waiting In Line Entertainment
- Glow Sticks
- Door Decor
- Door Organizer
- Stroller Rain Cover
- Sewing Kit
- Tissues
- Cooling Towels
- Stroller Tag
- Ponchos
- Mints Or Listerine Tabs
- Water Bottles
- Park Snacks
- Room Snacks
- Travel Snacks
- Mister
- Hats
- Stroller Fan
- Pool Bag
- Park Bag
- Magic Bands
- Boarding Pass
- Cell Phone Charger
- Cell Phone
- Camera
- Book
- Sunglasses
- Pajamas
- Clothing
- Undergarments
- House Key
- Wallet
- Medications
- Vitamins
- Extra Battery For Cell Phone
- Hand Sanitizer
- Travel Entertainment
- Accessories

Last edited:
I think everyones covered most of the things on my list, but i will say i always make sure my list is written up at least a week in advance, give myself time if i've forgotten something to think of it and add it!

Since you’re driving & going in August I would definitely get a case of bottled water. Also recommend those small, hand held fans. Ones I got are from Target. About $5 each. Ponchos. Ordered a bunch from Amazon, compact which makes it easy for bringing into parks. Since it will be August, sun protection is extremely important (hats, sunscreen etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts