What is your Disney shameful secret?

OK I have one more...please don't flame me! :scared:

I think it was a mistake that Disney passed on the Harry Potter IP. I think it was also a mistake that they bought the Avatar IP. I haven't been to Pandora yet so I'll reserve my judgment on the new Land, but I'm not really a fan of Avatar in any respect; it boasted a huge budget and made a ton of money but the story was didactic and lame, the characters forgettable, and it generally left a bad taste in my mouth. Nothing but respect to the folks that enjoy this IP (and I know I'm REALLY in the minority) but to me it seems like a downer in a media company that built itself on uplifting themes and stories (or at least fun ones.)

By contrast, I love what they've done with Star Wars!

OK I have one more...please don't flame me! :scared:

I think it was a mistake that Disney passed on the Harry Potter IP. I think it was also a mistake that they bought the Avatar IP. I haven't been to Pandora yet so I'll reserve my judgment on the new Land, but I'm not really a fan of Avatar in any respect; it boasted a huge budget and made a ton of money but the story was didactic and lame, the characters forgettable, and it generally left a bad taste in my mouth. Nothing but respect to the folks that enjoy this IP (and I know I'm REALLY in the minority) but to me it seems like a downer in a media company that built itself on uplifting themes and stories (or at least fun ones.)

By contrast, I love what they've done with Star Wars!

To be fair, Disney did not buy the Avatar IP, they just licensed it. That means Disney has to pay Fox a lot of money every year just to keep Pandora open...which is why one of my shameful Disney secrets is that I totally agree, Avatarland in Disney World feels like a mistake. We visited Pandora over Labor Day, and while it's certainly an immersive experience and Flight of Passage is a fun ride (we didn't care to try the other one), we left still unsure of how it's supposed to fit in Disney World (or even Animal Kingdom) as a whole. Sure Disney needed a more immersive experience to better compete with Universal, but...they couldn't have come up with something better than Avatar? Unless Disney does actually buy Fox to make Avatar an in-house IP free from licensing fees, I still feel like Pandora will be re-themed in 15-20 years to something more timeless and universal.

It has been over 2 years!
Time for a bump - there must be some new shameful secrets.

Secret 1: I did not enjoy my last trip as much as I had hoped (Stress and Depression mostly) and have still been too depressed to star my trip report.
Secret 2. I was not impressed with Toy Story Land

I have never actually watched Toy Story from start to finish. I’ve seen bits here and there, but never the whole movie. I have no idea why, it just has never has made me want to watch it. It seems odd since I’ve seen like every other Disney or Disney esque movie lol

I don't really enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean. I understand thats it immersive, but what makes it work is what I can't stand. It's dark, grimy and wet. It makes me feel like I need a load of hand sanitizer after, which is definitely the point.

My shameful secret is that I HATE the pre-show to any ride. For example, the preshow to FoP, Soarin. Cant stand it! :furious: I dont know why.

I'm usually okay with the pre-shows the first time through. But after that, it's just getting in the way of me getting to the ride! Except for Haunted Mansion...LOVE me some Haunted Mansion pre-show. :)

My shameful secret is that I HATE the pre-show to any ride. For example, the preshow to FoP, Soarin. Cant stand it! :furious: I dont know why.

I do too. If I get in line to ride a ride the last thing I want to do is crowd into a room with a bunch of other people who were behind me in line to watch a video. The only exception I'll give is Haunted Mansion because it's a major part of the experience, though I hate the cattle herding that happens once the doors open to the queue on HM.

I'm usually okay with the pre-shows the first time through. But after that, it's just getting in the way of me getting to the ride! Except for Haunted Mansion...LOVE me some Haunted Mansion pre-show. :)
I agree, I love HM pre-show too! Its the only one I like!

I do too. If I get in line to ride a ride the last thing I want to do is crowd into a room with a bunch of other people who were behind me in line to watch a video. The only exception I'll give is Haunted Mansion because it's a major part of the experience, though I hate the cattle herding that happens once the doors open to the queue on HM.
Yes, totally agree. And I hate the cattle herding too.

BTW I forgot to include Test Track in the list too. I have zero interest in making my own car.

My next solo trip is a secret, kind of. I AM technically going to FL for a conference but the conference only lasts two business days. I'm not staying at the conference hotel; I'm staying on site at WDW. Flying in a day early and staying 3 additional days after :) yep.

ETA: on the two conference days, I'm only in session until about 3 ... going to parks after

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!