What is your favorite CS/QS at each park?

SomDayMyPrnceWillCom

Wants to be a mermaid when she grows up
I'm bringing a friend who's never been to WDW during Easter/Spring Break week along with my 4 year old son. It's my bday weekend also. She and I are teachers at the same school, and she will be seeing it with fresh eyes. I've eaten counter service at all the parks of course, but not ALL of the CS options. So I just wanted to get opinions on everyone's favorite for lunch. I have our dinner reservations made already. We are staying at the Poly DVC but lunches will more than likely be in the park.

I'm bringing a friend who's never been to WDW during Easter/Spring Break week along with my 4 year old son. It's my bday weekend also. She and I are teachers at the same school, and she will be seeing it with fresh eyes. I've eaten counter service at all the parks of course, but not ALL of the CS options. So I just wanted to get opinions on everyone's favorite for lunch. I have our dinner reservations made already. We are staying at the Poly DVC but lunches will more than likely be in the park.
MK: Columbia Harbor House is quite good. Their tuna sandwiches are very good. I love them with the house made kettle chips.
Epcot: Bakery in France (love the baguette sandwiches and pastries)...then afterwards you can get a second dessert by stopping at the icecream shop....followed by a grey goose slushie afterwards (SO YUM!). Ok ok, maybe thats too much food. LOL! There's also the yummy Fish n' Chips in England, Bratwurst in Germany, and Sunshine seasons aint bad either.
HS: Zero. I never eat QS here. Not impressed.
AK: Satuli Canteen for sure! OMG this place is amazing. Food is outstanding for a QS. :cloud9: I had the chicken with the potato/sweet potato hash, with herb dressing drizzled on top. YUM!

Oh, and dont forget to ask for a birthday button while youre there. :) I'd wear it the whole trip if I were you. So fun!

Here's a recent thread with some discussion on good QS in the parks: https://www.disboards.com/threads/qs-alternatives.3658698/#post-58698025

It focused on non-fried foods so it's not all-inclusive but it's a good list :)

Ha Ha! I don't mind fried foods. I'm from Deep South and even though my arteries probably scream, I don't think of eating healthy when at Disney, just getting what I want at that moment. I wanted to see which CS restaurants popped up the most b/c that generally means that it's overall a decent experience. I'm not overly fond of most CS meals anyway, but I want to see what others think.

MK: Columbia Harbor House is quite good. Their tuna sandwiches are very good. I love them with the house made kettle chips.
Epcot: Bakery in France (love the baguette sandwiches and pastries)...then afterwards you can get a second dessert by stopping at the icecream shop....followed by a grey goose slushie afterwards (SO YUM!). Ok ok, maybe thats too much food. LOL! There's also the yummy Fish n' Chips in England, Bratwurst in Germany, and Sunshine seasons aint bad either.
HS: Zero. I never eat QS here. Not impressed.
AK: Satuli Canteen for sure! OMG this place is amazing. Food is outstanding for a QS. :cloud9: I had the chicken with the potato/sweet potato hash, with herb dressing drizzled on top. YUM!

Oh, and dont forget to ask for a birthday button while youre there. :) I'd wear it the whole trip if I were you. So fun!

Oh yes indeed. I will ask for a birthday button and wear it all week! LOL This will be our first trip NOT during end of May/June so being able to celebrate my birthday there is going to be awesome.

I tried Satuli Canteen for breakfast this summer and liked it so guess I should try it for lunch too. I'm going to try and let my friend and son decide more on what "type" of food they want that day and see what fits best from suggestions here.

Oh yes indeed. I will ask for a birthday button and wear it all week! LOL This will be our first trip NOT during end of May/June so being able to celebrate my birthday there is going to be awesome.

I tried Satuli Canteen for breakfast this summer and liked it so guess I should try it for lunch too. I'm going to try and let my friend and son decide more on what "type" of food they want that day and see what fits best from suggestions here.
yes wear it the whole trip! :) And make sure they get their first trip buttons too!

And good idea on playing it by ear with CS. You never know what you'll feel like that day. Have a great time!

MK: Columbia Harbor House -- although they got rid of their vegetarian sandwich :(. I get the lobster roll but I've also had the fried shrimp.
Epcot: Sunshine seasons -- I like the grilled tuna on noodles. I think that you can get the tuna on a salad too. Honorable mention: Rose and Crown pub (not on DDP as a CS) for fish and chips and a beer.
HS: Pizza Rizzo -- tasty pizza with a refreshing side salad. Eat up in the "wedding hall" on the second floor for more fun. We tell my 18-year old DD that is where we will pay for her wedding reception, LOL.
AK: Satuli Canteen -- love, love, love the bowls! My DD loves the veggie bao. Honorable mention: Harambe Market for their Grilled Veggie Stack.

MK: Columbia Harbor House
Epcot (FW) - Sunshine Seasons
Epcot (WS) - I love just grazing from the carts!
AK - I haven't been in a while, but I'm anxious to try Satu'li Canteen!
HS - I don't remember anything special, because we're usually not here at lunch.

MK: Be Our Guest for lunch (we have never done Columbia Harbor House so I can't comment on that)
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons
AK: We are trying Flame Tree BBQ this upcoming trip because I've read good reviews

MK: Be Our Guest (Lunch)
Epcot: Food & Wine Festival (Liberty Inn the rest of the year)
MGM: ABC Commissary
AK: ??? Haven't tried enough places to say

MK: Columbia Harbor House (there's a second floor that's quiet and isolated)
Epcot: Katsura Grill
Studios: ABC Commissary
AK: Flame Tree Barbecue (go on a good weather day and get a table overlooking Everest)

They all have good food and atmosphere. I'd say the weakest of the above would be ABC Commissary but your options at DHS are pretty slim as it is.

MK: Columbia Harbor House. We always eat upstairs.
EP: Sunshine Seasons.
HS: ABC Commissary. Ate here for the first time last November. The salmon was very good.
AK: Satuli Canteen. Flametree Barbecue a close 2nd.

My selections are quite out of date because we have had a sad 5 year absence due to conflicting schedules of now adult children. Can hardly wait to return with the family in May.
MK - Columbia Harbour House
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
Epcot - Kringla Bakeri
DHS - Backlot Express
Disney Springs - Earl of Sandwich (didn't ask for it but I'll give it anyway :) )

AK: Flametree BBQ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter