What is your FAVORITE DCV Resort and why?

bunneysvg

Earning My Ears
We are planning to sign up as soon as we get the paper work and were just wondering what is your favorite DCV resort and why? This will help us pick our home resort. Thanks

BWVs location cannot be beat, nice choice of dining @ your doorstep & we get a kick out of the luna park pool:thumbsup2 . Have i mentioned the location?;)

Since we luv the MK & tend to frequent it, WLV is perfect for us. The theming is carried out throughout the resort and when it's hot in the summer, it just seems cooler.:banana: i wanna go home:sad1:

I love Wilderness Lodge but I am staying at Beach Club in March 2008, I may have a new favorite in the future:thumbsup2

BWV, because it has easy access to the parks and lots of stuff to do, plus great entertainment for the kids. I like walking to the parks, super-easy access to fine dining, and being able to run down and get a newspaper and be back in my room in five minutes, tops, usually less. Also, the standard view rooms are the biggest bargain in the DVC system outside of the OKW Grand Villa.

Hilton Head. It is tremendously relaxing, the rooms are huge, and the theming is awesome.

We are planning to sign up as soon as we get the paper work and were just wondering what is your favorite DCV resort and why? This will help us pick our home resort. Thanks
I don't understand what you mean when you say you are planning to sign up as soon as you get the paper work. What paper work are you referring to? It sounds like you are already in the process of purchasing a contract, in which case your home resort is whichever resort you purchased.

ETA: Disney is actively selling AKV, SSR and OKW. In reality, you can purchase any DVC resort directly from Disney but you have to make it clear to your guide that you want one of the "sold out" resorts or you won't be purchasing anything. You can also purchase any DVC resort from a resale broker. To see current listings at The Timeshare Store (this board's sponsor) click on the "DVC Resales" link at the top of this page.

ETA: You may have to go on a waiting list to purchase some of the "sold out" resorts from Disney. In particular BCV and sometimes BWV will require a wait of a few weeks up to several months.

We bought sight unseen, at the BCV for the SAB and VWL for Christmas time. No regrets at all.
Enjoy,
Chris

Our favorites are VWL and AKV.
There is one reason why they're our favorites--> Incredible theming. :smokin:

MG

You do realize what your asking depends highly on the individual and what their preferences are? What you like, respondents may hate and vice versa. You're better off visiting as many of the resorts yourself to decide what fits right for you.

Now for me, my favorite (right now) is my home SSR. I've visited all the ones on-site, but have found I like SSR the most. We drive down to Disney and bring lots of little bags of stuff. So being able to park close to our room is huge help. (BWV's lot seems like Siberia by contrast).

I enjoy spending non-park hours shopping, swimming or strolling. Being able to walk or ferry over to DTD from my room more than fits the bill.

I have a disability that prevents me using steps into a pool. SSR's zero entry pool is paradise for the simple fact I can actually get in it. BCV's waterpark-type pool StormALong Bay is a beautiful fountain in comparison: pretty to look at but unusable to me. (VWL and BWV's pools are the same.)

I also like to go out for a walk listening to headphones and just enjoying the sights. BWV/BCV have the Boardwalk loop, but I find it just a bit too crowded for me. OKW has some very pretty buildings, but the pathways tend to border the street. At SSR I get a bunch of pathways bordering lakes and fields with minimal traffic (unless I head over to DTD).

Now VWL is probably my second favorite. I like the theme and find the resort to be relaxing yet more modern and surrounded by nature. I day visit every trip but it's on my list to sleepover. I haven't taken the boat to MK, CR or FW yet but I've been out to the docks enough that I'm itching to try it. I do like MK, especially during October. Now if CRV ever gets built, it'll probably take that proximity point away from VWL.

AKV has fascinated me for years (since I discovered Boma's). I do think the savannah is a cool perk, but right now I'm more bothered by the need to bus everywhere to be satisfied with that.

Still I think my second place is a tie between AKV and BWV. AKV has the zero entry pool which gives it a plus. BWV has EPCOT and a ferry to MGM.

BCV is the bottom of my list for onsite resorts. I can't use the pool which is its main advantage. The parking is closer than BWV but the resort is not in the best location. (The hotel has that distinction.)

I didn't even consider HHI or VB when I joined. I own DVC to stay on Disney property and use the Disney busses. I use my Marriott timeshare to stay elsewhere. That's a better, more varied and cheaper program.

BWV feel in love with them on our first trip there, as rentals. from NJ and I guest the boardwalk set's it off.

I agree with whomever said go and visit all the DVC resorts and judge for yourself. What appeals to one person, often does not appeal to another.
All Walt Disney World resorts are great, in their own ways. We have found all WDW resorts to be miles ahead of other hotels/motels/resorts. With Disney you get that extra little touch. This is true in all the resorts from the values on up the ladder of WDW resort seniority. The DVC resorts have the same wonderful quality and customer service as all WDW resorts, with even more benefits because of the wonderful accomendations. All the DVC resorts are wonderfully themed, some more than others. All have basically the same resort amenities, with the exception of room service. All have the same member priviledges during a stay. With the exception of OKW, all have basically the same room layout. OKW has bigger 1 br and larger villas. The others are basically the same.
What does differ between DVC resorts is the resort's building styles and the locations on WDW property. There are exceptions to this also, in that OKW & SSR are very similiar; as are BWV & BCV.
You have to visit all the resorts and see which is the best fit for you. I know I probably did not help you at all and instead confused you more. But a DVC purchase is really a personal preference thing. You won't know what appeals to you until you experience it. It is fun to visit WDW resorts. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter