What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

Lately has been”this is some BS or “am I the last one with common sense “?
It sure does seem that way doesn't it. I was having this discussion with my daughter last weekend. She said that everything seems out of control and the inmates are running the asylum. Here's what I told her. Our institutions are currently being run by the Boomers, of which I am one. And they were smart enough to convince some uneducated, uninformed people of her generation that are to lazy to make decisions on their own to take up a cause that they do not understand but have fallen for some good sounding sound bites.

I told her to look at me, I am one of the early boomers (1948) and that myself and the rest of the boomers that still have a reasonable mind and a moral compass are to old to rally and show strength. It is up to our children, her generation to set there own right. They are being complacent and just sitting their not paying attention nor had the proper education to know where this is leading. They have to stop it, we can't and their offspring are to busy playing video games and planning on living home forever, to have a clue what is coming up. And if they did they would just figure they could just push the exit button and it would all go away. If I were in my 40's right now I'd be petrified, but since they have lived worry free all of there lives in a relatively calm world they know nothing about what can happen and will happen if they don't make known that they intend to override the power brokers of today. It has happened before and it will again if they want to live free. Someone needs to tell their generation that they will not like the results of getting what they want. Myself, at 73, my life span is limited, as much as I will hate it, I will not have to deal with it very long, they will unless they do something about it and soon.

So glad she was able to overcome, we need as many STEM comfortable girls as possible!
This upsets me so much because mathematical concepts are separate from the written language of math, not the same thing but the world can only test for one kind on paper and so I can only imagine it's laziness and impatience that drive this. A child can speak very clearly long before they ever grasp the grammar but no-one ever tells a child who regularly makes punctuation mistakes that they are illiterate. Why people do this nonsense with math is totally beyond me, we probably lose so many promising students this way.
Thank you for your post. It made me think of a random comment her fifth grade teacher made when I asked her about the accelerated math program to decide if we should do it in middle school. I had not one conference all year but still had to chase her around for advice on this one. She said she had one of her former male students in it in high school and knew he was buried with work but she knew he could handle it. She told me that my daughter (daughters as I have twins in it) might do well the first year or two but when they were high school girls they may not be so interested in advanced math anymore. They used to require the 5th grade teachers to recommend students into the program but had so few participants they lifted that requirement the year mine started. Even as straight A students, I had the feeling she wasn't going to recommend them. We ran into her in the summer (GREAT math teacher otherwise) and she bought it up and said it was a bad idea. Every semester I waited for disaster, which never came. My girls are sophomores now and not buried in work, it's their favorite subject. I wonder how many other parents of girls were cautioned against even trying it? I always tell my kids, if you qualify for something at least try it as you can always go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!