What item on your room pack-list has significantly improved your stay?

Honestly I'm not one of those types of people that brings things much for the room specifically.

I bring my personal care items, clothes, and creature comforts for the parks like a travel hairbrush, body spray, chap stick... so more than the essentials of a wallet but still it all fits in a small crossbody.

I can think of only 3 items that are for the room... a USB mini desk fan for white noise at night, a pair of fuzzy socks, and a fleece throw blanket because ever since they went to triple sheeting I don't sleep well. I get cold with how high my sister likes the AC and I like a lot of weight on me so I was a fan of the bed spreads. I think the 30lb ones were overkill but prior to those they had the normal ones you fine at older hotels and they were a nice weight.
I should probably buy myself a weighted blanket instead of multiple blankets at home but they are quite expensive.
Sorry I digress lol.

Not packed, but ordered/delivered via Prime Now:
- Mattress pad (for the ridiculously uncomfy fold-out couch)
- Small fan

I don't know how we would have slept all week without those! We had to leave the mattress pad behind, but it was still worth it! The fan fit in our suitcase to fly home.

Lysol wipes and paper towels.

Not so much because the hotel people don't clean, but it is nice not to have to call and wait for Housekeeping if someone got sick on the toilet.

And flushable wipes

A pump style liquid antibacterial soap to keep at the sink for washing hands. I hate the bar soap, and I like using the antibacterial soap after all the germs. I buy the small Softsoap one at the Dollar Tree and just toss it in the garbage when we leave.

I keep a bottle of peppermint foot lotion on the nightstand. Before I go to bed, I rub it on both my feet and it really helps them feel less sore and swollen by morning.

I always bring a small makeup mirror so I can sit at the table or desk to do my makeup while DH is in the bathroom area. Gives him more space and its nice to sit down while I do my makeup, which I'm used to at home.

We went in July & I packed ice packs, the kind you hit in a surface to break open. They were a life saver for the 7 of us.
We took a break put them on the back of our neck, creases of arms, legs face. They were cold & cooled us off to continue on with our day. I put atleast 3 cases of them spread out in our suitcases between clothes.

Clorox wipes
power strip
hamper
Zip lock bags
Hanging closet organizer
TP
DW pillows for her back

Since we drive, we bring a lot of extra stuff.

Yes, Clorox wipes are a biggie. Just wipe the TV remote and see how black it is! Ick. Those never get wiped down and everyone handles them.
One of those little candle lites for the bathroom area.
clock radio, don't have a smart phone, so...………….
microfiber cloth to wipe steam from the bathroom mirror.

Packing cube...are these like the storage bags where you use the vacuum to take out the air?

No, they’re more structured than the vacuum bags. If you do an internet search you’ll find a number of sources and brands. Some are even made so you double-zip them and compress out some of the extra air. We find them exceedingly useful!

We also use the vacuum bags, but the kind you roll to squeeze out air (no vacuum cleaners needed!), for our dirty underwear & socks. Can leave the bag rolled or flatten it out depending on how best it fits in your suitcase.

Packing cube...are these like the storage bags where you use the vacuum to take out the air?

No, these are bags that have a zipper around the middle. It is amazing at how much clothes will fit in these. Plus the clothes do not wrinkle from shifting around. We got them from Amazon. last year and what a difference in packing.

Depending on the room layout, a black curtain and a shower curtain rod. Helps to block out some of the light from the sink area. If the room already has a curtain I use clothes pins to attach my black curtain to the one in the room to help block the light.

No, they’re more structured than the vacuum bags. If you do an internet search you’ll find a number of sources and brands. Some are even made so you double-zip them and compress out some of the extra air. We find them exceedingly useful!

We also use the vacuum bags, but the kind you roll to squeeze out air (no vacuum cleaners needed!), for our dirty underwear & socks. Can leave the bag rolled or flatten it out depending on how best it fits in your suitcase.
Thank you!! I will definitely look into these! That’s the one thing I miss when we fly, not having my own pillows. Game changer!!

No, these are bags that have a zipper around the middle. It is amazing at how much clothes will fit in these. Plus the clothes do not wrinkle from shifting around. We got them from Amazon. last year and what a difference in packing.
Thank you for the suggestion! I can always use tips for packing...so I can bring home more souvenirs!

Nightlight
Ziplock bags
Laundry bag
White noise machine

I used to bring along clothespins for pinning the curtains, but I discovered once when I forgot to bring the clothespins that hair/bobby pins work pretty well too!

For the room: bleach wipes, my own plastic clothes hangers, a power strip. For me: ziplocs, cooling wipes, a lit pocket magnifier, a foldable tote bag, a running hat, compression socks, my slippers, and if the forecast shows a lot of rain I bring a waterproof phone case.

ETA: All my own toiletries, I just hate the smell of the H2O sea salt stuff!

Last edited:
Nightlight
Ziplock bags
Laundry bag

I used to bring along clothespins for pinning the curtains, but I discovered once when I forgot to bring the clothespins that hair/bobby pins work pretty well too!

I also bring Ziplocks of varying sizes, and sometimes a laundry bag.

I discovered that the hanger that has the skirt clips can also be used to clip the curtains together if needed.

We only bring four things:

- A few drink koozies
- Tervis Tumbler and/or Yeti drink holder
- Sun-glass wipes
- Hand sanitizer

I guess we're boring!

But in all seriousness, the Tervis or Yeti for drinks by the pool is very handy. No quickly melting ice, longer lasting drinks, etc. Beer stays colder. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!