What item on your room pack-list has significantly improved your stay?

•Shower speaker
•Garbage bag for packing wet swimsuits
•Laundry detergent pods & dryer sheets
•Slippers
•Stacking bins for night stand, bathroom counter, etc. keeps all our "stuff" wrangled
Holiday decorations for door, window, mirrors

Don't forget small portable chargers for your phones, and equally important, the cables you need (usually micro-USB) to charge the portable chargers in your room.

#1 - Snack foods and coffee. I pack these because they take up space I will use for souvenirs on the way to Disney so I don't have to scramble to figure out how to fit everything on the way back, I also don't have to worry about getting them when I arrive at whatever price the delivery services are charging that day.
#2 - First Aid kit. Bandaids, medicine (pain, tummy, allergies, more tummy), first aid and ani-itch cream.
#3 - A few ziploc bags. I usually use these for packing some cleaning and toiletry items and re-use as needed.
#4 - Extra charging cables, bricks, and portable chargers.
#5 - Roku... because the TV selections at the hotel are very meh. Not everyone may care about TV, but we plan on hotel time to zone out and recover from all the park stimulus.
#6 - My toiletries. Not a huge fan of most of them provided by the hotel.
#7 - Baby wipes. Sometimes you want to freshen up a bit and don't have time to get everyone in the shower before it's time to go again.

#1 - Snack foods and coffee. I pack these because they take up space I will use for souvenirs on the way to Disney so I don't have to scramble to figure out how to fit everything on the way back, I also don't have to worry about getting them when I arrive at whatever price the delivery services are charging that day.
#2 - First Aid kit. Bandaids, medicine (pain, tummy, allergies, more tummy), first aid and ani-itch cream.
#3 - A few ziploc bags. I usually use these for packing some cleaning and toiletry items and re-use as needed.
#4 - Extra charging cables, bricks, and portable chargers.
#5 - Roku... because the TV selections at the hotel are very meh. Not everyone may care about TV, but we plan on hotel time to zone out and recover from all the park stimulus.
#6 - My toiletries. Not a huge fan of most of them provided by the hotel.
#7 - Baby wipes. Sometimes you want to freshen up a bit and don't have time to get everyone in the shower before it's time to go again.

I struggle with the tv choices as well. I don’t go on vacation to watch TV, but it’s something I do when I lay down at night to unwind. Can you tell me more about Roku? We have Netflix and Amazon, but haven’t found a way to connect to our accounts from the Disney TVs. Is Roku just giving you more channel choices, or can you watch specific series/shows?
Thanks.

I struggle with the tv choices as well. I don’t go on vacation to watch TV, but it’s something I do when I lay down at night to unwind. Can you tell me more about Roku? We have Netflix and Amazon, but haven’t found a way to connect to our accounts from the Disney TVs. Is Roku just giving you more channel choices, or can you watch specific series/shows?
Thanks.

Roku has Netflix and Amazon Video applications (plus others) loaded on it. So you would be able to log into both those services and stream them to the TV it is connected to via WiFi.

I travel a lot and keep a small bag in my carryon (which is all the luggage I take) which holds these:
  • A tiny but powerful flashlight
  • Sewing kit & safety pins
  • glasses kit
  • a kitchen-sized plastic garbage bag
  • soap paper
  • first aid kit with the works- moleskin, antibiotics, super glue, tweezers, antiinflammatories, antihistamines, Tylenol etc etc etc
  • kid-sized scissors
  • earplugs
  • a cotton bandanna

Thanks.

Roku is a streaming device like a Fire Stick or AppleTV. You purchase one and it attaches to the TV via a HDMI port. You load apps that connect to various services like Prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc. We use these to watch TV on most of our TV at home and really like the setup, but if I were only purchasing this exclusively for travel I'd grab an Amazon Fire Stick (they go on sale pretty regularly). The Fire Stick has the same functionality and is tiny (just don't forget it when you leave).

Another possible option is to mirror your phone or tablet screen to the TV screen... but I haven't tried this at a Disney hotel.

I travel a ton for work and never leave home without these 4 things:
**fuzzy blanket for bed
**travel size Lysol spray to use on remote, light switches and door knobs
**Lysol wipes for wiping down the headboard. I watched a documentary once on hotels and the headboard is one of the dirtiest places in the room. I won’t go into details.... needless to say ewwwww and ever since I’ve seen that show it’s the first thing I wipe down.
**my iPad with the Relax Mediation app. It has the most amazing sounds for sleeping to choose from and has a timer to turn off your iPad. Highly recommend!

My personal electronic devices (phone/laptop and/or tablet) go a long way towards allowing extra space in my luggage and making the hotel room feel homier.
No need for an external flashlight, white noise machine, picture frame of loved ones, musical or video player and it even has a built in makeup hack or 2 via youtube, LOL.

I find the built-in power strip(s) located in most hotels (including those at WDW) useful for recharging my electronics and a small yet efficient external battery and charger for on the go moments. Lessens the need for messy charging cords and an inexpensive Radio Shack type purchase gives me the ability to change a charger head w/o overloading on cords. One 9' cord with double connection points takes care of most of our needs.

I still throw a few binder clips in the suitcase but am finding less need for them although they are still useful as a guard for the business end of my razor.

A mini non-mechanical essential oil diffuser and matching candle tin goes a long way towards making a hotel room smell like home.

Our forthcoming trip will include a dollar store mini Christmas tree stripped of the chintzy decor that comes with it and pre decorated with more personalized low weight items like ribbons and a bird tree topper.

My travel neck pillow doubles as a head prop when watching TV in a hotel room if I don't like the shape or fill of any provided at the hotel.

A traveling backgammon/chess set with a deck of playing and Uno cards stored within makes downtime fun.

The name of the room attendant who made me happy when I was last at that hotel; I want to be in her/his cleaning section when I return.

Going to take my "technodope" self and better explore the options of a Fire stick and Roku; I miss Ovation and TCM channels at WDW.

Do not regret my last year's gift to self of a cashmere wrap; serves as lightweight warmth on planes, trains, balcony seating and dressing panache. How did I live without it?

Last edited:
pop up laundry hamper (x2)
laundry supplies (with plenty extra)
hand soap (I hate washing my hands with bar soap)
bottle brush
power strip to charge multiple devices
small ziploc baggies
gallon sized ziploc bags to organize things in the "diaper" bag
snacks
body glide
gps (for car rental)
rain cover for stroller

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts