What items did you order in your "Perfect Gift" Basket???

goin2dzny

<font color=CC0000>Remembering our **MAGICal** Cru
I have been to Shirley's site... and there is just so much wonderful stuff...

What items did you order... that were a big hit???

Looking to possibly buy for my DD - 7/8; DD - 15/16; DS - 16

Also considering something to go in the rooms of the two other families that are traveling with us!

Experiences & Ideas sure would be appreciated!

Less than four weeks to go!!!!!!!

:Pinkbounc

I haven't been to the site in a while and I probably should check there but is there a recommendation as to how close to the cruise you can "book" these??? Like a week out - a few weeks out - a month out???

I want to order some surprises for our cruise this year. My twin DDs will be having thier 10th birthday and I really want this to be a special cruise. We are only doing a 3 day, but I want to make it something to remember! We have one of the Cat. 10 secret porthole rooms booked (never been in anything other than a Cat. 11 room before). So that, along with a surprise basket waiting for them (which we have never done) should be a very nice surprise for them!

They don't think we are going on the cruise for their birthday this year. We have been on for their 7th, 8th and 9th birthdays. We had planned to go and then something came up and we canceled the 7 day cruise we had booked, but we have since 'secretly' booked the 3 day that runs on their birthday (with our DVC points) and they have NO idea!

So any 'basket' suggestions would be great! I would love hear what others have ordered for 10 year old girls!

Thanks!
DJ

For my Mom (73) who was experiencing her first airplane ride and cruise - I ordered a dozen blue carnations and the Key West basket with champagne - it was filled with all kinds of key lime treats. The carnations were fragrant and lasted longer than the cruise, so we gave them to Yoko at Guest Services. Mom was very surprised and enjoyed everything that was picked out by Shirley.

For Michael (7) - I ordered the kid's Mickey Puppet and snack basket - lots of treats and drinks. Just thrilled him!

If you aren't sure of what you want - just call and talk with Shirley or her terrific staff. They can do most anything you want and even make some great suggestions.

Very pleased with Shirley's service, baskets and highly recommend her!

Rae

She is just great! I sent her down several packs of Yugioh cards and a Yugioh book for my son, she added three bottles of wine for DH and I and a 12 pk of soda and some juice boxes for DS and it was a big hit for everyone! If there is something your child covets and she is unable to get it she is very happy to allow you to send it to her to be incorporated into the basket. I will definately use her again!

We ordered the sand buckets. My girls, then, 5&7, loved them. They came with lots of snacks and juice (they come the soda, but I requested juice instead). They ate/drank everything and used them while we were at the beach (much easier then looking for one on the ship or carrying one on the ship).
Shirley is WONDERFUL!!! (and everyone that works with her)!!!
She will work with you and give you what you want. You won't be disapointed.

December99 asked a question that I'm not sure I've seen answered on these boards before. How much time does Shirley prefer before Cruise date?
And Ann Morin: how long beforehand did you mail the cards? What's the mail time (although we're over here on the left coast so I guess it would take longer?)?

Time for Shirley -- she has been known to make baskets up last minute a few days before the cruise BUT out of courtesy - I'm sure she would appreciate a months notice if possible.

Some things to considering asking her to include -
disposable underwater camera's
regular disposable camera's
sunglasses
sunscreen --
sparkly sunscreen for the preteen girls
funkly colored sunscreen for the young kids
childs favorite candy/soda, etc
non alcoholic champagne for the kids
bubbles for the sailaway party
autograph book -- or address book --
to get info from all the friends they will meet on board
Teens - fabric markers - (many of the teens get tshirts signed by all of their new 'friends' the final evening).
Teens - postcard stamps (so they can write to their friends at home).
Small pair of binoculars
:D

I mailed them to her express mail about a month and a half before we were to depart.

Thanks, AnnMorin. Guess it's time to get myself going. That's so much fun to finally get to say!! :Pinkbounc

And Wovenwonder, thanks for the additional ideas. Choosing something for an older "child" can be a real stumper. I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for 12yr old boys besides MtnDew Code Red (because Disney is a Pepsi-free zone).

Hello everybody - just thought I would step in for a second and tell those that are interested in our baskets - it is ok to send stuff down to incorporate with the baskets - myself I believe it makes it more personal - we have some new real cute bags that either come with a zipper or drawstring - it has the whole Disney gang and the year of 2003 - it has many uses - also remember that we need at least a week or so if we have to shop for special stuff which we do not mind - also those that are going on the Western cruise, we will put in your packages information on Key West and include coupons etc with it - this way you have the opportunity to learn about my hometown - also please know you do not have to order a basket - just write me and I will explain how you can get the information - as I have told so many over a period of time - the places I recommend in Key West is just a favor - for those that I have dealt with I find them to be honorable and willing to give conch rates to those that use them - i receive no compensation for this in any way - you are in my hometown and want the best for you - I am an old conch and the last time I was down there, I got rooked pretty good AND I AM FROM THERE :)
and should have known better - I had someone asked me about the hauted houses and "Robert" - I knew some of the homes were questionable, but everything else was invented for whatever reasons - Anyhow if we can help in any way, just ring our chimes.
Always
Shirley and Norm

Rather than a basket which will just sit in her room, I ordered the black canvas Mickey head backpack for my then 10 yo DD. It's truely too small for her school books, but we use it as a carry-all for car trips, slumber parties and the like. The ears are separate zippered pouches, great for little things. It's plenty big for reading books, or slumber stuff, and other girly things. She's had it a year and uses it frequently. The front of it is transparent and comes with 4 or 5 different slide in pages of characters to change the look of the bag. She loves it and it is a great souvenier.

I will have to give Shirley a call tomorrow... gotta get this wrapped up... or else she won't have time to put it all together for me!;)

This is so exciting!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter