What kids club activities should not be missed?

pudinhd

DIS Veteran
Happy Sunday! We are cruising with our nieces next month and I am wondering if there are any kids club events that should not be missed. They will be 9, 7, 5 on the cruise. I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

Pluto's PJ party is great!

My dd has also loved Pluto's PJ party. I'm not sure, but I think they only do it on cruises that are 7nights or longer. We did a 7 night on the Fantasy and they did it on 2 different nights, at 10 pm both times. When we sailed on the Wonder for a 7night, it was only on one night at 7:30 pm. My dd also likes when the princesses do activities in the club like dancing and reading stories to the kids. They also do "cooking" activities. My dd made cookies one time. She said they mixed the ingredients, but when the cookies came back from being cooked they looked completely different. She said they probably threw away the ones they made because they didn't really follow the directions very well and they didn't want anyone to get sick, lol!! She didn't care, she said the ones they got to eat were yummy! She also liked the slime making and volcano making activities.

ODS loves Pluto's PJ Party! It's not always offered, but we have done it on shorter cruises. In the past they have decorated a pillowcase to keep and he has started a collection.

He also really liked the Jedi activities (probably depends on your ship) and cooking activities like the cupcake session.

Thank you so much!! We are cruising on the Wonder to Alaska. I appreciate the suggestions! It is their first cruise and I am super excited!

Happy Sunday! We are cruising with our nieces next month and I am wondering if there are any kids club events that should not be missed. They will be 9, 7, 5 on the cruise. I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!
My daughter always enjoys the “Anyone Can Cook” series. They usually make cupcakes or cookies. Let them know if your child has any allergies before doing this activity.

Especially for the 5 year old, look out for activities related to favorite Disney jr. characters. My dds favorite cruise memory was a Doc McStuffins clinic, and then Doc stopped by. She was almost 5 at cruising. A year later and she still talks nonstop about this one event.

Not a specific event, but keep an eye on which times are Open House. One thing we didn't realize is that during Open House times, children cannot participate in the activities without a parent there. They can be there to just play, but not to do the activities. And there are some our son was looking forward to but we didn't know we had to be there. Non-Open House times, they can do whatever.

I’m not sure if they do it on the Wonder, maybe someone else can comment, but FriendShip Rocks is fun for the kids. The kids from the club go to the stage in the main theater on the last day of the cruise and dance with Mickey and Minnie, there’s a slideshow from the week, and they all get a free t-shirt. I know it’s not offered on the Fantasy, but it was on the Magic. Not sure about the Wonder...

Not a specific event, but keep an eye on which times are Open House. One thing we didn't realize is that during Open House times, children cannot participate in the activities without a parent there. They can be there to just play, but not to do the activities. And there are some our son was looking forward to but we didn't know we had to be there. Non-Open House times, they can do whatever.

Just to clarify this... during open house times, one side of the Oceaneers space (either the Club or the Lab) will be in open house while the other side will be in secure programing. If the activity your child wants to participate in is occurring in the open house side, they must have a parent with them. Otherwise they will be moved to the secure programing side. There are usually activities occurring on the secure programing side during the time the other side is in open house.

I Was just talking to my son about kids club activities that he wants to do in october - he specifically mentioned Pluto's PJ party, cooking classes, and slime making ... I'm all slimed out ...

My daughter loved the princess training and Friendship Rocks. Other than those planned activities, I always found her doing some random arts and craft!

Another vote for the Pj party...it's been awhile since my daughter was in the Oceaneer's so I'm not sure if they still have the decorate your own pillowcase (as another poster mentioned) but she loved that.

She did like Anyone Can Cook as well...but she said the CMs were mostly the ones who did it so she was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more interaction. I did explain to her that the ages for the club may have prevented a lot of participation. She did say, she liked eating it afterwards....by eating, my daughter likely meant, take one bite.

The Aloha party with Stitch is a fave of my 3 boys. The BB-8 activity was also a hit, and Pluto's Pajama Party, especially if it is early at 7:30. Mickey's 200, where you make a racecar out of a carrot and a potato, and then there are race competitions, is their #1 activity, but they didn't have it last cruise for some reason (though it was in the ap).

Thank you so much for all of the suggestions!! I am taking notes and cannot wait until we cruise with my sister and her family!

Especially for the 5 year old, look out for activities related to favorite Disney jr. characters. My dds favorite cruise memory was a Doc McStuffins clinic, and then Doc stopped by. She was almost 5 at cruising. A year later and she still talks nonstop about this one event.

YES!!! I actually did know about this one and my 5 year old niece loves her! She met her for the first time at Disneyland last year. Her sisters were dressed as princesses, but the littlest was dressed as Doc!

I did not know this! Very good to be aware of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter