what kind of resorts would you like to see?

I want a Moderate or Deluxe themed hotel like AoA! Themed buildings/rooms. Think along the lines of the Royal Rooms at POR, but sleep 5 and also offer family suites.

Lilo & Stitch, Aladdin, Frozen, Moana, BRAVE!!!, Beauty & the Beast, Mickey, etc.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but most rooms aren't themed enough for me!

I'd like a season theme: summer, autumn, winter, spring. I think Disney could work magic with it.

"Pop Century: the Legendary Years" - the 1900s-1940s half of Pop that was never built. Am I the only person who would have loved this?

And another Art of Animation Value resort with predominantly normal hotel rooms (not the suites). I want a Zootopia section.

I want a Moderate or Deluxe themed hotel like AoA! Themed buildings/rooms. Think along the lines of the Royal Rooms at POR, but sleep 5 and also offer family suites.

Lilo & Stitch, Aladdin, Frozen, Moana, BRAVE!!!, Beauty & the Beast, Mickey, etc.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but most rooms aren't themed enough for me!

I like theming, but for me, AoA is waaaaaay too over-themed. I always think, if I wasn't feeling well, those rooms would make me feel even worse.

But I could get on board with a Mickey and Minnie themed resort. It seems so obvious, that I'm surprised they haven't done it. It could almost feel retro, with lots of red and black and chrome. they could have Mickey Mouse cartoons playing in the food court. A section themed with a steamboat. One with Pluto. A Minnie section all pink and polka dots.

I’d like to see less DVC taking over

Yes! Resorts are getting too big with too many people! I'd like to see at least one more resort the size of POFQ. WL was our favorite deluxe because of it's size. Not anymore.:worried:

Theming doesn't matter so much as long as there's trees, grass and a relaxing feel to the resort.

I’d like to see less DVC taking over current resorts!

Yes, I loved WL too, but DVC has taken over all but one wing. I’m so sad about that.

I agree, I hate that DVC has taken over existing parts of our favorite hotels (Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, Contemporary).

I don't want over the top theming in my hotel room, but I do want to see something. The new rooms at Pop Century and Yacht Club look very generic. A big reason we like staying at Disney is the theme of the rooms.

Last edited:
I'd just be happy if Disney stopped refurbishing hotel rooms with generic, nondescript furniture and cheap simulated wood vinyl flooring. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I loved all of the whimsical little touches like the teacup lamps in the BWVs (I actually bought one on eBay to use in one of my bedrooms at home). And that uncarpeted flooring just amplifies the noise element from rooms above and next door.

I want to see a Galapagos themed resort along the lines of AKL. This includes maybe a tidal pool, penguins, finches, iguanas, and other cool animals. I think there would also be a lot of potential for an amazing pool area like at the Beach Club with little coves and possibly even a swim up bar.

I'm pretty excited about the Star Wars one coming, maybe another value resort with the classic cartoon themes, or a mod that is classic movie theme - mary poppins, Peter Pan etc

I agree, I hate that DVC has taken over existing parts of our favorite hotels (Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, Contemporary).

I don't want over the top theming in my hotel room, but I do want to see something. The new rooms at Pop Century and Yacht Club look very generic. A big reason we like staying at Disney is the theme of the rooms.
And now they’re taking over some moderates. Putting a high rise in Coronado. I’D be crushed if they did that to POR.
Guess DVC is their cash cow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter