what language at DLP

Jasminesmommy

<font color=red>My dh pops the can for me<br><font
I hope i don't sound rude but whay language is spoken? I don't want to go so where and not know what is being said. I am planning a trip for next year.

The rides are in French for the most part from what I can remember but they do have English bits in some of the rides.

I speak some French so can understand quite a bit of the French soundtracks but my other half doesn't speak more than the odd word and it hasn't affected her enjoyment - she stills loves it more than anywhere else in the world.

The shows have quite a bit of English usually alternated with French - being longer than a ride I guess they have to keep people of all langauge levels entertained.

Every Cast Member I have ever met speaks Englsih and speak 4 or 5 languages!

all of the rides are broken up in english and french, but attractions like timekeeper and honey i shrunk the audience have headfones you can use

:p

Anything where language is essential (e.g. HISTA, Timekeeper, as mentioned above) will have headphones for multiple languages. Many of the cast members speak a decent amount of English, as this benefits many visitors (it seemed like visitors from Spain, Germany, Italy, Japan, etc. were more likely to know some English than French).

Some rides that have narration in WDW just don't have any at all in DLP (e.g. Haunted Mansion, or Phantom Manor as it's known there).

The guide maps to the park are readily available in English.

The parade music was in English, actually.

Restaurant menus come in 6 different languages.

My DH was wearing a shirt from our (American) alma mater, so many cast members spoke to him in English right away, which was kind of funny, as he's half French and speaks it fluently.

My daughter and I went not knowing a single word of French. My native language is English and hers is Hebrew. We had absolutely no communication problems anywhere in the parks or hotels. Everyone seemed to speak English and be pretty happy to as well. I had been worried because I'd heard they hate to speak English and might ignore you or worse. However this was not my experience.

I always try to speak a few words of French. The basic hello's and thankyou's go a long way. When ordering food I just read off the menu in French. If something more has to be asked I always ask them in French if they speak English. I think it is only polite to try a few words and it can be fun. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter