What % of DVC owners have a blue card?

Is there any data that could be used to estimate? Maybe not how many members but what % of contracts meet the requirements?

White Cards just came about 4/16. And then you could still add on 25 points up until Jan 2018 and get the blue card. I think it's a minimual number of members that don't have the blue card.

85%-90%?

If average contract turns over every 10 years then 30% of contracts have turned over since the 2016 restrictions.

But in that time, a whole new resort came online and has all but sold 3 million plus direct points diluting out the resales as a percentage.

Figure 270,000 total owners in 2016, if 10% per year sold that would be 81,000 contracts or about 75 contracts per day sent to ROFR. Now add 30k more CCV in that time; 219,000 blue cards vs. 81,000 white cards: 300k total owners = 73% blue card. Some of those resales are going to go back on market again so not every resale changes a blue card to white. So maybe 75%.

I think the true number is probably closer to 85% than 75% but I ran a thought experiment on it anyway. Like Kat says below, many of those resale owners bought 25 point contracts, so I’d stick with 85% blue cards.

Last edited:

I'd say lower...like 75-80%.

We could do a poll and get an idea. Should be a good indicator.

As in membership card? Mine's blue, and I still have my original one from 2002 that was also Blue but much prettier!

We still have the original card from 1992! It is falling apart, but we were so happy when we received it way back when! :love:
Yeah. mine fell apart, too. They were sure colorful compared to the new ones.

We still have our original DVC card from when there was only one resort in the club (now OKW) cards from 1993.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!